HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Springfield sounds like a good spot to get a jump. Hopefully we can get a couple done in the back without using express before the crowds come in. Do they continue to sell food over there during the daytime/HHN turnover? If so, maybe I'll grab a donut to munch on while I'm waiting.
Yep, everything stays open minus Lard Lad's.

Springfield sounds like a good spot to get a jump. Hopefully we can get a couple done in the back without using express before the crowds come in. Do they continue to sell food over there during the daytime/HHN turnover? If so, maybe I'll grab a donut to munch on while I'm waiting.

Lard Lad is closed so that means no donut for you - Beeeeerrrr! Mmmmmmmm.

I've always thought the AP event opens a bit earlier than S&S. It is a lot easier for them to sweep the Kids Zone area since it is pretty blocked off from the rest of the park. They also pre fill the queues.

Timing is everything though with the AP event! If you happen to finish the two before the third opens, you are restricted to Kids Zone and then need to take the long way to the third house...one year, we got out of the 2nd house just in time to be able to jump in line for Halloween and were the 1st through that house on that night...but you really spend a lot of time waiting if you check in at 4...but you sort of need to be near the front for it to be worthwhile...I imagine we will give it a try at least one night this year, but I am really undecided.

Last year we did go one night and it certainly has become rather popular (read to mean 'crowded')!

I've always thought the AP event opens a bit earlier than S&S. It is a lot easier for them to sweep the Kids Zone area since it is pretty blocked off from the rest of the park. They also pre fill the queues.

Timing is everything though with the AP event! If you happen to finish the two before the third opens, you are restricted to Kids Zone and then need to take the long way to the third house...one year, we got out of the 2nd house just in time to be able to jump in line for Halloween and were the 1st through that house on that night...but you really spend a lot of time waiting if you check in at 4...but you sort of need to be near the front for it to be worthwhile...I imagine we will give it a try at least one night this year, but I am really undecided.

Last year we did go one night and it certainly has become rather popular (read to mean 'crowded')!

I think a few years ago the first 2 houses opened at 5:00 and the third at 5:45. Now they start later and see to let in way more people. Not worth the 15 min head start when you walk right into a 30 min line.

Like I have said before I'll sign up and scope it out as it seems like their AP outreach has improved in the last year and hopefully they don't overbook it like last year.

Edit: dug up an old email.
hhn22early.jpg

Last edited:
I think a few years ago the first 2 houses opened at 5:00 and the third at 5:45. Now they start later and see to let in way more people. Not worth the 15 min head start when you walk right into a 30 min line.

Like I have said before I'll sign up and scope it out as it seems like their AP outreach has improved in the last year and hopefully they don't overbook it like last year.

hhn22early.jpg

Thanks, that must be why I had it in my head that the AP event started earlier...it also makes sense why I recall waiting on the third house to open if we had 45 minutes to get through the first two!

Anyone know if HHN passes can be picked up at Will Call right now or do we have to wait until opening night? Cause we all know the Will Call line is insane on opening night. They should have just added these passes to the app.

The last two times I went with the AP check-in was a complete cluster. S&S is much more laid back and easier to do in my opinion. That and in my opinion the Simpson's area really only has 1 (maybe two) flows that make sense. If there was a decent chance of me getting one of those fancy wristbands I would think about doing it but there is absolutely no way I'll be one of the first 100 to check-in any of those nights.

Reactions: SeventyOne

hhn22early.jpg
This explains a lot. I knew that back in 2012 I had done 5 of the 8 houses by 6:30, this would be why. It's only gotten more difficult since then. Last year I barely did 3 by 7:30.

Reactions: SeventyOne
You HHN pro's have been really helpful in answering my questions of late, so I have one final (maybe) one to ask you. I'm about to book the 6 house, full-day Unmasking The Horror tour and want to hear people's thoughts on whether doing that on a HHN event night that we'll be attending is either 'too much' Horra in one day, or too exhausting (or both!)? We have FFP+, so I'm 99% set on booking it for a Saturday so we can just head back to the hotel afterwards.
Do I have this massively wrong? Does it really AMP YOU UP for an immediate night of Houses?!
Thanks in advance!:)

@amityboattours

I would say that might make for a pretty long day. That being said, Imwould make sure that you take the opportunity to revisit some of your favorite houses from the tour after you see them with the lights on.

I wouldn't plan the UTH tour as the last thing I see at HHN

Anyone know if the AP early admission RSVP page is up yet? I have gone the last two years and always had to RSVP and print out the confirmation but I cant seem to find the page this year.

You HHN pro's have been really helpful in answering my questions of late, so I have one final (maybe) one to ask you. I'm about to book the 6 house, full-day Unmasking The Horror tour and want to hear people's thoughts on whether doing that on a HHN event night that we'll be attending is either 'too much' Horra in one day, or too exhausting (or both!)? We have FFP+, so I'm 99% set on booking it for a Saturday so we can just head back to the hotel afterwards.
Do I have this massively wrong? Does it really AMP YOU UP for an immediate night of Houses?!

The first time I did the UTH tour I did not get to go to the event after (it was our last day and we had other plans that night) which ended up being a massive bummer. Ever since then, I always do the tour and then a night at the event and, while it makes for a long day, it is worth it to try to pick out some of the details you saw with the lights on under the house lighting.

Also, noticing how they tried to account for effects that did not work or even catching effects you never saw until the lights were on is very cool. I will admit, there have been times I missed effects or scares and only saw them because I knew where to look or what I was looking for thanks to the UTH tour.

So, again, if you can stand the long day, I would say do it.

Reactions: amityboattours

I can't recommend it--heat and walking during the day are exhausting. That said, do as I say, not as I do, this year signed up to do a tour and plan on going that night as well.

Reactions: amityboattours
I can't recommend it--heat and walking during the day are exhausting. That said, do as I say, not as I do, this year signed up to do a tour and plan on going that night as well.

Out of curiosity, have you done it this way before? I have done tour then event the last four years and never had too much of an issue.

Speaking of the tour, has anyone heard any whispers about what houses we might be seeing with the lights on? My assumption for the originals would be Ghost Town and Tomb of the Ancients since Chance is just a 3D house, but what IPs do people think we could be getting?

I have never done the tour. Every year I say I'm going to and never get around to it. That being said I know that I would want to go that evening and see the houses in action with the behind the scenes info fresh in my memory. I did a backstage tour at a show in Vegas and did the tour after seeing the show and really regretted it, because I would have liked to have gone back to look for the details I picked up on the tour. As far as staying in the park all day it's not too bad, I've done it a few times. I was there all day last year for BTTF day, I had no problem staying late into the evening. It was a long day though. I think it helps to take some time out and relax, have a long sit down meal or something midway through.

Out of curiosity, have you done it this way before? I have done tour then event the last four years and never had too much of an issue.

No, first time doing it at night. Not sure how well it will go.

Speaking of the tour, has anyone heard any whispers about what houses we might be seeing with the lights on? My assumption for the originals would be Ghost Town and Tomb of the Ancients since Chance is just a 3D house, but what IPs do people think we could be getting?

Standard procedure is to train on every house, so it could be any six depending on other circumstances. It really is somewhat luck of the draw, tho obviously I think they prefer to show off the houses they are proudest of.

Standard procedure is to train on every house, so it could be any six depending on other circumstances. It really is somewhat luck of the draw, tho obviously I think they prefer to show off the houses they are proudest of.

I sort of doubt they were proudest of TWD last year, and yet that was on EVERY tour...

The last few years they have only ever shown off two originals with the other four being IP houses, so I sort of think that is the pattern they are going to stick to this year. Given that pattern, I wonder which IPs they would want to show off most (and if they are somehow obligated to give us TWD again this year)?