Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would agree with that if they had indoor seating, that to me makes it a gas station first. Still some of the best sandwiches in town though!

True, the no tables inside sucks. However, the reason the lines were so long is because of the mass amount of locals that used to live in the Northeast. Most of those people that were in line were because they had been to and loved the wawa up north. It was like being home to them. I know, the 3rd one to open, opened near me and my husband was one of those in a long line on opening day. He couldn't wait to have a taste if home and everyone he talked to was like that.

As for this place, if cowfish had a 30 minute wait I am going to guess it was busy in general, so yes, the new place would have the longest line.

I will say I understand how many do not like the reservation system at Disney, but I wished Uni had a reservations system. I hate waiting to sit down and eat when I have had a long day at the park waiting in lines. I would love a one stop shop type of reservation system for Universal so I could book in advance and avoid the wait. We many times skip right by if all the places have long waits and just stop ad grab something on the way home.

True, the no tables inside sucks. However, the reason the lines were so long is because of the mass amount of locals that used to live in the Northeast. Most of those people that were in line were because they had been to and loved the wawa up north. It was like being home to them. I know, the 3rd one to open, opened near me and my husband was one of those in a long line on opening day. He couldn't wait to have a taste if home and everyone he talked to was like that.

As for this place, if cowfish had a 30 minute wait I am going to guess it was busy in general, so yes, the new place would have the longest line.

I will say I understand how many do not like the reservation system at Disney, but I wished Uni had a reservations system. I hate waiting to sit down and eat when I have had a long day at the park waiting in lines. I would love a one stop shop type of reservation system for Universal so I could book in advance and avoid the wait. We many times skip right by if all the places have long waits and just stop ad grab something on the way home.

There is an online reservation system.

Dining Reservations | Universal Orlando®

Reactions: Mad Dog
There is an online reservation system.

Dining Reservations | Universal Orlando®

There bad website strikes again as I looked and did not find that. I see it doesn't have all of the places though, like cowfish is not on there. You also have to go into each individual one vs. Disney where you can say a location and it pulls up every place with reservations at that time. But again, it is their bad website that strikes on that one too. They could program it differently.

I wonder if the other restaurants on Citywalk are doing better or worse because of Toothsome? I've heard several people say they didn't want to wait so long so they went to Cowfish/NBC/Antojitos/Vivo/etc.. I wonder if they're all getting more guests because of Toothsome or if Toothsome is stealing their business?

There bad website strikes again as I looked and did not find that. I see it doesn't have all of the places though, like cowfish is not on there. You also have to go into each individual one vs. Disney where you can say a location and it pulls up every place with reservations at that time. But again, it is their bad website that strikes on that one too. They could program it differently.

At Disney you don't usually get your first choice so you need options. At Uni, if you want to eat at Mythos at 5, you can generally eat at Mythos at 5.

You can't make reservations for Cowfish anywhere.

I don't see how the website is bad. I clicked on dining which gave me a drop down menu and one of the choices was reservations. Very clear and simple.

Disney is definitely more streamlined. They have a lot more restaurants and have spent the last several years perfecting the planning process for the resort as a whole as opposed to building new attractions. If you throw a billion dollars at your reservation system it should be great. Universal's websites, and reservation systems certainly aren't great but they get the job done, at least for those that figure it out. I have no complaints, I actually find Universal to often be easier when you take into account all the other issues with trying to dine at Disney.

I wonder if the other restaurants on Citywalk are doing better or worse because of Toothsome? I've heard several people say they didn't want to wait so long so they went to Cowfish/NBC/Antojitos/Vivo/etc.. I wonder if they're all getting more guests because of Toothsome or if Toothsome is stealing their business?

IDK specifics, but on Saturday... Vivo, Cowfish and Antojitos had an hour wait while Toothsome was around 2.

I know my wife has put us in line at Cowfish on her phone a few times. Maybe they have their own app, I know we had to be in the area, but we did not have to go up to the podium...she has also used something (pretty sure it is called open table) to make reservations for some restaurants there.

Yes, you can use Open Table to make reservations at some City Walk, Universal hotel, and some Disney Spring restaurants. I did remember using it once to book a time at Finnegan's and Mythos but I think they took many of them off for their new online reservation system. We'll have to see how it works cause I think it's pretty new. I just checked out the website and there is now a restaurant reservation page that list all the restaurants you can make reservations at.

One tip I found out about is with the Disney restaurants that are on Open Table and on My Disney Experience, if you don't find the time or date available on Disney's website you can usually get it on Open Table. I believe Disney holds back available reservations on their website to spread out guest demand and fill their less popular ones.

Reactions: Joel
Yes, you can use Open Table to make reservations at some City Walk, Universal hotel, and some Disney Spring restaurants. I did remember using it once to book a time at Finnegan's and Mythos but I think they took many of them off for their new online reservation system. We'll have to see how it works cause I think it's pretty new. I just checked out the website and there is now a restaurant reservation page that list all the restaurants you can make reservations at.

One tip I found out about is with the Disney restaurants that are on Open Table and on My Disney Experience, if you don't find the time or date available on Disney's website you can usually get it on Open Table. I believe Disney holds back available reservations on their website to spread out guest demand and fill their less popular ones.

I used the online reservation system to book Mythos, Finnegans, Anjitos, and the Kitchen for our trip. We ate at two places that don't take reservations Three Broomsticks, and Margaritaville.
I like to make reservations, but also appreciate being able to NOT make reservations and still get into a decent place for a meal.
We literally did not have a bad meal all week. All the restaurants were great about accommodating a gluten sensitive teenager. She was so happy with all the food she ate, called it the best food EVER, and she can be VERY difficult to feed. I have been feeding her from time to time since she was 4, and she is 16 now.

Reactions: JoeCamel