Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

FastPass+

I'll see what happens. Thanks for the offer, Izzy and I'll keep posted with what's happening.

The the hours of the restaurant are until 9:30, so you are probably good. I don't think they tend to change those hours.

Book it! If they screwed up, they'll get you in somewhere else or some other time when you get to the parks. Guest Relations can get you in just about anywhere to "fix" things.

And I agree with this. I have never heard of someone having dining reservations that got cancelled.

For Kona Cafe, what day are you searching for? When I search on the main screen under Polynesian I see reservations out there.

I've changed the reservation to 9.20 no problems. I've also booked Yak and Yeti for 3pm on the same day. I've also got Be Our Guest and Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen booked for MK. Food and Wine is on at EPCOT so I don't see the point in booking any reservations.

Credit where it's due to Disney, I've never had a sit down meal in the parks before and I've booked 4 over 2 days.

I've received an email back from Disney saying they can't book reservations through email and I have to book it online or phone up. I've set touring plans to search for the duration of my trip. If that fails by next week, I might phone up when I'm there as I don't have a specific day in mind for Kona Cafe.

Everybody has been a great help tonight! :wave:

Disney Restaurants take reservations BEFORE parks open too. A lot of people book breakfast at Be Our Guest for 8am when the park opens at 9am, and they get in the park before everyone else and are able to take pictures in front of the castle with not a lot of people around. Also a great way to already be in the park and get in line first for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.

Disney Restaurants take reservations BEFORE parks open too. A lot of people book breakfast at Be Our Guest for 8am when the park opens at 9am, and they get in the park before everyone else and are able to take pictures in front of the castle with not a lot of people around. Also a great way to already be in the park and get in line first for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.
Yes, that's a great tip. We did two "early" breakfasts at MK and got in a ton of rides after breakfast with hardly anyone in the park yet. Best to book the earliest time you can. BOG does a nice presentation and the food was good. Plus it's a beautiful venue.

I've changed the reservation to 9.20 no problems. I've also booked Yak and Yeti for 3pm on the same day. I've also got Be Our Guest and Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen booked for MK. Food and Wine is on at EPCOT so I don't see the point in booking any reservations.

Credit where it's due to Disney, I've never had a sit down meal in the parks before and I've booked 4 over 2 days.

I've received an email back from Disney saying they can't book reservations through email and I have to book it online or phone up. I've set touring plans to search for the duration of my trip. If that fails by next week, I might phone up when I'm there as I don't have a specific day in mind for Kona Cafe.

Everybody has been a great help tonight! :wave:

Interesting you got BoG. I've been trying for the following week for awhile with no luck.

A non-reservation tip for you at DHS since it's the only place you won't be dining...Tune-In Lounge. It's connected to the 50s Prime Time Cafe. It's a cool little place to grab a quick drink (I love the Long Island there), but you also have the full 50s Prime Time menu of food available to order.
tune-in-lounge-00.jpg

Are they basically taking the queue-less idea from VB and implementing it prior to the park's opening? Yes.

However, with the MagicBand system already set-up there, this is very easy for them to turn on and test to see if it works. It's a 10-day test it seems, but I suspect will become permanent if all goes well.

Honestly this should come as no surprise given UORs move to Virtual Queues.

My top tip is to take screenshot of your FPs. FP+ system is down at moment (Wed 15-Apr 10am), so nobody is able to make or view their FPs ie have to remember what time they were all booked for! I learnt from experience when system went down last time we were here. Redemption workshop fine (if you know your times)

It's interesting to see that since security moved to the TTC it really highlights that the admissions system is as big a cause of backups at the entrance (if not bigger) than the security lines were. I've seen several times since security moved that the gate gets really backed up with guests having issues with their tickets/magic bands/finger scans.