Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The crazy changing color tone of the film is supposed to represent the color-changing sand rumored since that patent was filed?

No. I was just going for the Polynesian feel with the volcano in the distance. That color change junk was 1958 Hollywood pulling a queer trick because they could, without thinking if they should. There was absolutely no hint in me posting that clip. ;)

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
I may have posted this before, but I shall post it again. Just a respite from all of us thinking too much.

There is some wild irony to me posting this BTW. ;)

I always thought the musicals of Rogers & Hammerstein would make the perfect themes for a theme park.

South Pacific (tropical/island/tiki)
Sound of Music (alpine)/Cinderella (fairy tale)
Oklahoma (frontier/western)
Carousel (New England/fair)
Flower Drum Song/King and I (Far East/Asia)

At least the BGM would be easy to choose.

Reactions: greendude33
I always thought the musicals of Rogers & Hammerstein would make the perfect themes for a theme park.

South Pacific (tropical/island/tiki)
Sound of Music (alpine)/Cinderella (fairy tale)
Oklahoma (frontier/western)
Carousel (New England/fair)
Flower Drum Song/King and I (Far East/Asia)

At least the BGM would be easy to choose.

Now I kinda want Universal to buy out the Rodger and Hammerstein library (which also includes Phantom of The Opera as they own the rights I found out) Just to have South Pacific music play well in Volcano Bay.

Wild anecdote that a few of you might find interesting... and it is part of the irony that I spoke of (Bri, cut me slack here). When I was 15, I actually stayed on an island with Gilligan (Bob Denver), not only the island but in his house.

The next day his son and I were goofing at the shore of this island, which was a wee bit out in the Atlantic and his son boarded a wooded raft (at my encouragement)... and it soon began drifting out to sea (This wasn't grossly far from where the Titanic went down). I freaked! I can't remember how, but I helped him get back to shore.

I will tie this together by saying that Gilligan was stranded on a South Pacific island. So there! :tongue:

Wild anecdote that a few of you might find interesting... and it is part of the irony that I spoke of (Bri, cut me slack here). When I was 15, I actually stayed on an island with Gilligan (Bob Denver), not only the island but in his house.

The next day his son and I were goofing at the shore of this island, which was a wee bit out in the Atlantic and his son boarded a wooded raft (at my encouragement)... and it soon began drifting out to sea (This wasn't grossly far from where the Titanic went down). I freaked! I can't remember how, but I helped him get back to shore.

I will tie this together by saying that Gilligan was stranded on a South Pacific island. So there! :tongue:
I interviewed Bob Denver several times when I worked at a TV station in WV. He lived and had an "oldies" radio station in Princeton, WV for while. I also met Barbara Eden this year.

Why is nobody talking about the fact that Universal basically copied Typhoon Lagoon by having a craggly, water-spewing volcano as the centerpiece of their water park?

I'm not hating, I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Saw the mountain this weekend and it looks so skinny. Obviously the skin of the mountain isn't in yet but Everest, Mount Gushmore, and Mount Mayday are huge in comparison. Its tall but so thin. Kinda looks weird.

Saw the mountain this weekend and it looks so skinny. Obviously the skin of the mountain isn't in yet but Everest, Mount Gushmore, and Mount Mayday are huge in comparison. Its tall but so thin. Kinda looks weird.
You forgot the mountain with the beast castle on it, it's huge-ish... ;)
But seriously scan back to find a picture with a person working on that thing, it's huge.

Reactions: Mike S

This is a very deliberately stylized park with a deliberately stylized volcano - the first piece of concept art made that much clear. Everest is meant to actually look like a real mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.