New Seasonal Pass Option | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Seasonal Pass Option

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My money is on a separate annual pass, say $89.99 but also as a discounted add on to AP holders, 59.99.

My other thought was they could launch a whole new access all areas pass, . This top tier pass would be the only one to include the water park in an annual pass. Though possiblylimiting the amount of water park pass holders it would drive sales of higher value annual passes.
If you were on the Price is Right I would say you were too low (sad horn).

IF there is an annual pass (and I'm not convinced there will be) I would guess $150+. As an add on for other Universal passes probably an extra $100. They are billing this as a theme park and will charge just like they do for the theme parks.

Also, after seeing what they did in Hollywood, I would think they might do something similar here, basically blocking SP holders until they see just what the day ticket/resort guest demand is rather than have the park overcrowded and create a bad first impression because half of Orlando is hanging out there. If the crowds are below expectations, they lift the blockouts.

I don't know if it'll be a huge jump. It'll still have blackout dates. So the new pass should just sit somewhere between Power and Preferred... I hope.
The new pass is supposed to have more blackout days, so below Power.

Changes are out and the new pricing is out(FL Res/Non-FL Res):

Seasonal - 259.99/284.99
Power - 319.99/344.99
Preferred - 349.99/384.99
Premier - 489.99/539.99

In summary:

Seasonal blocks out Christmas, Spring Break, and Summer. NO concert admission(Mardi Gras).

Power blocks out Christmas and Spring Break. 50% discount on parking.

Preferred has no blockout dates. Free parking and merchandise/food discounts. Early park admission WITH blockout dates.

Premier has no blockout dates. Free parking and merchandise/food discounts. Early park admission 365 days a year.

Interesting changes. So my pass goes up $40, but I get early admission. For someone who will never stay on site, I think I'm okay with that.

Reactions: Mike S
With these increases, I am starting to wonder if Volcano Bay might be included after all.

I think there is 0% chance of that. If it is included, there will be another increase before it opens. As it is, I expect Volcano Bay to not be included in the traditional annual pass. I believe there will be an add-on that you can purchase that will include it, such as Premier Pass Plus.

Reactions: jtsalien
The early admission makes me want to upgrade my power pass to preferred. Dh already has the preferred for the free parking and discounts. Will they upgrade a pass that's 6 month old?

Yeah, I honestly don't think that's that great of a perk. I wish they would switch to extra evening hours.

It's a perk that doesn't cost them anything, that's why you get it. They already have the staffing and infrastructure in place for EPA. It would be an added expense for operations to keep things open an extra hour for a relatively small amount of people on each day.

It's a perk that doesn't cost them anything, that's why you get it. They already have the staffing and infrastructure in place for EPA. It would be an added expense for operations to keep things open an extra hour for a relatively small amount of people on each day.
Wait, staff coming in early cost less than staff leaving late?

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Wait, staff coming in early cost less than staff leaving late?

There is already staff there for EPA for hotel guests. That's why they are offering it for AP's. It's extra money to be open an hour early for hotel guests and then an hour late for AP's.

I'm not saying early admission for hotel guests and evening hours for APs, I'm saying change it altogether, for everybody, to the evening. I think more people would be willing to stay late, and that would be more revenue generated.