New Seasonal Pass Option | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

New Seasonal Pass Option

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not saying early admission for hotel guests and evening hours for APs, I'm saying change it altogether, for everybody, to the evening. I think more people would be willing to stay late, and that would be more revenue generated.
One thing that's always bugged me is how the parks never really adjust the opening hours too much but when things get slower the evening gets very short. A park can go from 11PM closings to 6PM but will usually only fluctuate between 8-9AM openings. I always thought they should have some early days and late days in the slower season. If they're going to reduce hours try out a 12PM - 10PM one or two days a week. While shorter hours are understandable for slower times, it's nice to be in the parks in the evening

One thing that's always bugged me is how the parks never really adjust the opening hours too much but when things get slower the evening gets very short. A park can go from 11PM closings to 6PM but will usually only fluctuate between 8-9AM openings. I always thought they should have some early days and late days in the slower season. If they're going to reduce hours try out a 12PM - 10PM one or two days a week. While shorter hours are understandable for slower times, it's nice to be in the parks in the evening

I think that might have to do with competition between the parks. You're Average Joe coming from Nowheresville, no planning done ahead of time or anything, looking to just go to a park for a day, you're up at 9 AM, you see Disney is open already but Universal isn't... which one are you going to go with?

Reactions: Mike S
I'm not saying early admission for hotel guests and evening hours for APs, I'm saying change it altogether, for everybody, to the evening. I think more people would be willing to stay late, and that would be more revenue generated.

They would have to sweep the park for late hours to work. For EPA the park is already swept.

On another note, does anyone have experience with renewing into a lower pass? I like the valet but doubt any other perk makes the Premiere worth it. Preferred would work fine for me. Not due til May but thinking ahead.

What is the purpose of the power pass? Only $30 cheaper from the next level, but have to pay $10 parking.
Yeah the only thing I can figure is this works for someone who isn't parking anyways. Either visiting and staying in hotels or a add on person to a group that already has free parking. This pass for me would be the most expensive pass in the lineup!
They would have to sweep the park for late hours to work. For EPA the park is already swept.

On another note, does anyone have experience with renewing into a lower pass? I like the valet but doubt any other perk makes the Premiere worth it. Preferred would work fine for me. Not due til May but thinking ahead.
I wish I could trade you! The extra discounts for me would help pay for the difference, express after 4PM and preferred parking for HHN would be great!

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
What local wants early admission? 2 p.m. arrival is early to me, haha.
I'm a "local" that lives about 3 hours away so I'm really liking this actually :)
Once again, thanks Kevin for tipping us off on this. I saved a nice amount of money by renewing our 2 power passes Monday evening. :thumbsup::cheers:.........So now we know the reason for the Universal survey asking about Mardi Gras pay to play. Seems like every survey that comes out now predicts a future happening.
I really hope the Disney survey about blocking APs from new attractions never comes true.
Renewed yesterday as well for $225. I am curious what the renew rates went up to.
Which pass? Preferred?
Logged into my AP account, the new perks are there and it looks like the renewal rate hasn't changed :clap:
:clap::peace::thumbsup::cheers::whoo:
Yeah the only thing I can figure is this works for someone who isn't parking anyways. Either visiting and staying in hotels or a add on person to a group that already has free parking. This pass for me would be the most expensive pass in the lineup!

I wish I could trade you! The extra discounts for me would help pay for the difference, express after 4PM and preferred parking for HHN would be great!
The Premier Pass seems to just get more and more perks. Now EPA all year as well. It's almost tempting. Almost ;)

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life

Well, they would only have to sweep the Wizarding World. Or issue wristbands to get on the rides.

Well, they would only have to sweep the Wizarding World. Or issue wristbands to get on the rides.
Yeah or just show passes to get on rides (sell more lanyards) and it would also make the end of night sweep quicker with reduced crowds. There would also be less staffing needed for evening hours as opposed to morning, no turnstile TM's would be needed.

Logged into my AP account, the new perks are there and it looks like the renewal rate hasn't changed :clap:

That's great to hear. Off topic, but one thing that bugs me about the website is needing your ticket number to log in. Just let us create an account!

I'm happy with the change overall. As an out of town AP holder, I will definitely use the early access. I only wish they could include Photopass like Disney. But I understand their system isn't robust enough to handle that yet.

I only wish they could include Photopass like Disney. But I understand their system isn't robust enough to handle that yet.
More importantly it isn't their system, it's easier to give away something when you're only paying your cost. I do think they should follow Disney in the free parking for all passes though.

We're tourists who stay on site, so as you said, the power pass works best for us. The first time I did a power pass & the next level up (two of us), figuring the discounts would more than pay for the one upgrade. But, half the time I would forget to ask for the discount, so I never did that again. And the blockout dates didn't affect us since we come in May, Sept. & Oct.

Once again, thanks Kevin for tipping us off on this. I saved a nice amount of money by renewing our 2 power passes Monday evening. :thumbsup::cheers:.........So now we know the reason for the Universal survey asking about Mardi Gras pay to play. Seems like every survey that comes out now predicts a future happening.

Wouldn't Seasonal make more sense for you guys now? Just curious.

We did two power and one preferred last time. It worked well because you could get in one park during the summer and the price difference was pretty big. It looks like Power is the worst pass for locals now. If you come 3 or more times Preferred should be the pass you get. Interesting move since Disney was looking or people to downgrade their pass, Universal is almost looking for people to upgrade from Power to Preferred. Maybe some will downgrade from Power to Seasonal?