Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stranger Things

I loved it. :wave:

From start to finish, it was one of the most well-executed and well-produced shows I have seen in years. Everything from acting, directing, writing, tone, casting of the child actors, to the visual style was amazing. I love that it was only 8 episodes and didn't have any filler. It really felt like a phenomenal eight hour movie.

Last edited:
I loved it. :wave:

From start to finish, it was one of the most well-executed and well-produced shows I have seen in years. Everything from acting, directing, writing, tone, casting of the child actors, to the visual style was amazing. I love that it was only 8 episodes and didn't have any filler. It really felt like a phenomenal eight hour movie.
I wanted to hand Winona Ryder an Emmy half way through. Everything you mentioned is outstanding. And the homages are amazing. Everything Stephen King, David Lynch's Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet, Stand By Me, Tangerine Dream, Spielberg/E.T., etc. It is like everything geeky/cool from the '80s thrown in a blender. And the execution is masterful. Some of the finest crafted television I have ever seen. Ever. Makes Super 8 look like fan fiction.

@Teebin Watch this show.

I think it was brought up in the Netflix thread but yeah this show was everything I hoped it would be and more. Simply a great great show!

This was a hit across social media. This is in part because Netflix knows exactly what their users want to see because they have the data on what people are watching. I have never seen a show get so much hype compared to reviews even though they were decent. I would say that I thought daredevil was even better than the reviews signalling that Netflix knows what I like as well. We are definitely in a new age of media.

just re-watched Breaking Bad and have post show blues, stranger things me be just the thing to fill the void. Thanks for the heads up.

I loved it!

Barb was my fave, even with her short screen time. It reminded me of Super 8 meets Goonies meets Stand by Me meets It. I love nostalgic films, and this was a great throwback

Enthralled. The words I can describe how much I love this show.

The storytelling, Pacing, characters, and environments; with the best group of Child Actors I've seen in an extremely long time, Stranger Things is a blast to the past, giving homage to Stephen King and the 70s/80s in the best possible way.

I want S2 to come soon, as Netflix and the Duffer Brothers knocked this show up to the Moon in the best way possible.

This show has the potential to make an amazing horror nights house, between being chased by the department of energy through the town, to eventually crossing to the upside down.

Great show, especially since I grew up in the 80s. Glad to see a season two is on tap and I totally agree this could be a great HHN house.

I have not looked at theories, but was eleven supposed to be the Monster?

I won't say it's the best show on Netflix - that'll always be Bojack Horseman. It's an easy number two though. Such a great show!

It'll be interesting to see this as an HHN house. It'll be even more interesting to see how Netflix would handle a partnership for merchandising/theme parks/etc. They haven't tried any of that before.