Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

I sort of doubt they were proudest of TWD last year, and yet that was on EVERY tour...

The last few years they have only ever shown off two originals with the other four being IP houses, so I sort of think that is the pattern they are going to stick to this year. Given that pattern, I wonder which IPs they would want to show off most (and if they are somehow obligated to give us TWD again this year)?

That isn't true last year TWD was not on my tour it was Jack's house, FvJ, and body collectors...

My ideal three for my tour this year would be TOA, Exorcist, and AHS but it's really hard to choose.

I'm hoping for Krampus to be included in a tour.

My guesses for the typical 6 we'll see are Halloween, AHS, Exorcist, Ghost Town, TWD, and either Tomb of the Ancients or TCM

That isn't true last year TWD was not on my tour it was Jack's house, FvJ, and body collectors...

My ideal three for my tour this year would be TOA, Exorcist, and AHS but it's really hard to choose.

You're right, I should have specified. It was on EVERY dual tour and has been on every dual tour since they started offering them. My apologies.

I'm hoping for Krampus to be included in a tour.

My guesses for the typical 6 we'll see are Halloween, AHS, Exorcist, Ghost Town, TWD, and either Tomb of the Ancients or TCM

I am hoping for Ghost Town, Tomb of the Ancients, AHS, and Krampus. Apart from not wanting to go through another TWD house with the lights on (it is just so same-y at this point) I do not really care what other two they pick.

Anybody with any inside information?

Out of curiosity, have you done it this way before? I have done tour then event the last four years and never had too much of an issue.

Speaking of the tour, has anyone heard any whispers about what houses we might be seeing with the lights on? My assumption for the originals would be Ghost Town and Tomb of the Ancients since Chance is just a 3D house, but what IPs do people think we could be getting?
From the little we know about Tomb of the Ancients I would imagine there is a chance that won't be one of the chosen houses for the tour... Isn't it supposed to feel tight as far as space goes? Tours don't go so well in tight areas.

From the little we know about Tomb of the Ancients I would imagine there is a chance that won't be one of the chosen houses for the tour... Isn't it supposed to feel tight as far as space goes? Tours don't go so well in tight areas.

Yup. That's why I said Tomb or TCM. I have to imagine that they'd love to include TotA, but it might not be a reasonable option.

I think I might be a little bummed if they chose TWD again this year considering it is going to be mostly a best of house. I've already done some of the tours that covered TWD the previous years so it might be lame for it to be rehashed in this year's tour. It's probably going to happen anyways though, isn't it?

Yup. That's why I said Tomb or TCM. I have to imagine that they'd love to include TotA, but it might not be a reasonable option.

I think I might be a little bummed if they chose TWD again this year considering it is going to be mostly a best of house. I've already done some of the tours that covered TWD the previous years so it might be lame for it to be rehashed in this year's tour. It's probably going to happen anyways though, isn't it?

One of the main reasons I am thinking we will get TotA is because A&D seems proud of it and tends to like to show off their period houses. While the cramped spaces might be an issue, I think their love for the house and mythology might just make them pick it over Chance (note that I am pretty much expecting at 4/2 divide of IPs vs. Originals for the dual tour since that has been their practice in the past). Also, quite a few of the tent houses have felt tight and claustraphobic the last few years and they have had those on the tours anyways with us just walking through the tight corridors to the slightly bigger rooms where they explain what will be in the next section of tight corridors.

I am fully expecting TWD to be on the tour (much to my chagrin), but would be happy to have ANY other house instead. Sad when I start to realize that having TWD house on the tour, I am paying nearly $25 for a house that looks very similar to last year's house.

What's the max number on these tours, i'm going on the 17th which is sold out!

Assuming you are talking about the UTH tour, I have no idea, but they tend to add more to satisfy demand. I would keep calling and asking.

Are you only going one night?

Assuming you are talking about the UTH tour, I have no idea, but they tend to add more to satisfy demand. I would keep calling and asking.

Are you only going one night?

No, we're going 5 nights, I'm already booked on the 17th's tour, I was just curious as to how big the group will be

Typically, UTH will hit 4 IP houses and 2 originals. 3D houses are rarely featured. My guess is Krampus, Halloween, TCM, TWD, Tomb of the Ancients and Ghost Town.

I have never had express before but was ready to do it this year until the pricing. If I lived in Orlando I would do it no hesitation, but I have settled on getting Ulitmate FFP since coming up from Miami i want to take full advantage of the weekends I can spare to go. My big thing over not going for the express is that there will be some nights I am going with other people who I know won't have express and I would feel like I am wasting it. My friend who I will be primarily going with has said he would be willing to pick up some after 10 express a few nights when it is just us if they are still doing that deal.

I was torn between FFP+ w/ express or Ultimate without and I figured for half the price I can make up the houses gained though express by going saturdays. If the first weekend is so unbearable though my friend and I said we would upgrade.

I have never heard of the after 10 express. How does that work?

Ordered my ROF last Friday for Will Call along with park tickets. Luckily I got a pin code for BOG2 all park passes which helps a ton with doing S&S for multiple days. $160 was a crap ton for just 1 day both parks. Three days is huge. :)

Its usually 50% off and the times they do it are different based on the sell-thru that they have had for that night.

Hey all!

I will have passes for Universal day (island hopper) AND the separate ones for HHN ... each year I always have issues with my passes getting a bit wet and beat up. Does anyone know if it's okay if I put them in a lamination pocket? The scan bar is still visible. I still have my HHN pass from last year, and I don't see any "no! don't do this" warnings ... but I also don't want to risk laminating $1,000 worth of tickets to have them rejected.

One of the things I hate is the tickets --- at these prices can't they do arm bands like Disney, or something more substantial? Or figure out how to have one pass for both Universal and HHN for the people that do both?

I've tried lanyards in the past, but water has still seeped in on the water rides.