Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: American Horror Story

If it isn't a multi-year lock, it is now.

Trouble is, they'll run out of material after Year 2. Next year will be Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke (which ought to flow nicely), but they'd be insane to try and stretch out a single 7th season into an entire house.

I dont know how wel this would be received but maybe they could start season per year next year starting with a full season 1 house. Just an idea but they could say this was a try to see if people liked it and then do a proper house per season.

Might sound unlikely but i cant see how they will stretch this out more than 2 years

Trouble is, they'll run out of material after Year 2. Next year will be Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke (which ought to flow nicely), but they'd be insane to try and stretch out a single 7th season into an entire house.

Murder House, FreakShow and Hotel would've been able to stand as alone houses if they wanted too, but they chose to do the best of-route to get much closer to the show.

It may be an insane move, but TWD has done that with multiple seasons since 2013 (excluding this year).

All i know is Roanake house next year will be totally rad if they get...
The breathing forest
The best thing is people aren't being disappointed by the house this year. I saw the video of the house and I can see fans being really happy as they got most the major characters.

All i know is Roanake house next year will be totally rad if they get...
The breathing forest
The best thing is people aren't being disappointed by the house this year. I saw the video of the house and I can see fans being really happy as they got most the major characters.

I'm admittedly slightly biased, but I have to agree with @SeventyOne on Orlando's house from what I've seen in videos... it's a "greatest hits" of characters strung together without rhyme or reason. Murderhouse fares better once it gets out of the endless generic basement, and Hotel in general looks really great.

Freakshow just doesn't flow for me. You've got the facade, but as soon as you go inside you're in... the freak museum? And then Dandy's bedroom? And the Elsa snuff film...?

You guys definitely got a larger character variety and the better Hotel section. I'd argue Hollywood's house does more justice to Freakshow, while the Murderhouse sections are neck and neck.

Being one who's unable to attend either coast's event, and seeing the various videos from both events, for me both Orlando and Hollywood did a nice job with AHS. Now as for which one I personally find better (Based off videos I have seen.)...it's a little tricky since while both are similar, they have their own unique pros and cons. I have to break it down by season.

Murder House - I have to agree with Fallow that it's on the neck and neck side comparing the two. Hollywood seemed to have more variety in the scenes, while Orlando seemed to stick to the basement for the most part. While on the flipside, Orlando used a lot more characters from the show then Hollywood. Though when it comes to the Rubberman, Hollywood just used him as a general pop out scare, while Orlando has a fairly creepy scene with him. Personally for me, Orlando get's a slight edge for that.

Freak Show - This is a conundrum for me, Hollywood's version does flow better in this season. Plus, Monkey! *Happy Dennis Hopper* Orlando's flow is fast forwarding every step you take through it, so it does get jumbled. However I do like the stuff they incorperated such as you going through Twisty's van, that and I like the little touches such as the reveal of Dandy. Objectively Hollywood's is better, but subjectively I'm not too bothered by Orlando's going ludicrous speed through theirs.

Hotel - This is the only easy one to compare, Orlando definitely did the better job with Hotel. The bigger length and bigger variety of characters really works in it's favor. (An' Hollywood's creative decision to base their AHS around all the Halloween episodes might have hurt them a little here.)

So slight edge to Orlando for Murder House, a objective edge to Hollywood for Freak Show and a clear advantage to Orlando for Hotel. Though overall as I said earlier both are good. I'll happily take this over TWD, that's for sure.

I dont know how wel this would be received but maybe they could start season per year next year starting with a full season 1 house. Just an idea but they could say this was a try to see if people liked it and then do a proper house per season.

Might sound unlikely but i cant see how they will stretch this out more than 2 years

Depending upon how much material they find to work with in season 6, they could easily just do seasons 2 and 3 next year, then seasons 6 and 7 the following. I would imagine that just because they utilized three of the seasons this year does not mean they are tied to that formula for next year.

I have a feeling we're not getting 5 years of AHS due to the burnout of TWD.
I wouldn't exactly call having the longest wait in the park after 5 years burnout. If anything they may be looking at how well TWD has done and want something else to give them that same sort of comfort zone of knowing they'll have something to draw huge crowds.

I wouldn't exactly call having the longest wait in the park after 5 years burnout. If anything they may be looking at how well TWD has done and want something else to give them that same sort of comfort zone of knowing they'll have something to draw huge crowds.
I thought AHS was having the longest waits?

I thought AHS was having the longest waits?

Mostly, TWD was beating it Sunday by about 15 minutes.

We gotta wait a couple more weekends to really get a gauge of that. When we left on Sunday night around 10:30, Walking Dead was around 20-25, AHS was 45; and this was after the monsoon.

Another thing to note is it seems everyone is doing AHS first, Exorcist 2nd... and then the other houses get the trickle down through out the night.

We gotta wait a couple more weekends to really get a gauge of that. When we left on Sunday night around 10:30, Walking Dead was around 20-25, AHS was 45; and this was after the monsoon.

Another thing to note is it seems everyone is doing AHS first, Exorcist 2nd... and then the other houses get the trickle down through out the night.

Interesting.. So I was thinking about doing the Lucy S&S so we can hit AHS first, but it seems like it would be just as good (or better) to just wait to hit it later in the night? Unless we wanted to go through AHS twice, once using S&S and the second time later with express.

EDIT: Hello Kitty* S&S