Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 606 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What was the line like before it went down? Or has it been down all morning?
It's back up already. Posted time shows 30 minutes. It continues to look like early mornings are the time to ride this. Since the Early Entry moved over to the Studio's last week, Kong lines don't start getting long until 11:00 AM or noon.
Update; at 11:20 AM Kong line increased to 75 minutes....

Last edited:
It don't know about the story but UC spent a lot of time creating the cave like atmosphere that leads into the main room. There are the radio communications that are better in the singles queue than the standby but they do lay out some of what is happening. I really think they should require people to view the Myth Explorer's episodes before riding. That would flesh it out for all those that say there is no story.

FJ without the castle or EFG without the bank are just rides but the way UC has done it lately you really need the full queue at least once to get the full effect of the ride. Greatest thing since sliced bread Kong is not but it can be a fun ride and better IMO if you experience the whole thing at least once.

It don't know about the story but UC spent a lot of time creating the cave like atmosphere that leads into the main room. There are the radio communications that are better in the singles queue than the standby but they do lay out some of what is happening. I really think they should require people to view the Myth Explorer's episodes before riding. That would flesh it out for all those that say there is no story.

FJ without the castle or EFG without the bank are just rides but the way UC has done it lately you really need the full queue at least once to get the full effect of the ride. Greatest thing since sliced bread Kong is not but it can be a fun ride and better IMO if you experience the whole thing at least once.
Gotcha.

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
Reride feature? Did you have technical issues prompting a reride?
As you get to the unload section the attendant explains you can reride without waiting in line. Another attendant halfway will direct guests to reride or just exit. I guess it depends on wait time like the Single rider/Express fiasco.

Kong had a 20 minute delay in opening but allowwd people in the queue. It is now open with a posted 30 minute wait but is more like 15.

The left side of the glasses line is closed. They say they do this in the morning when the crowds are low.

Single rider line is gone.

Am in row 12 now but they just announced a delay. Gives me a chance to listen to the radio comms played here.

Kong had a 20 minute delay in opening but allowwd people in the queue. It is now open with a posted 30 minute wait but is more like 15.

The left side of the glasses line is closed. They say they do this in the morning when the crowds are low.

Single rider line is gone.

Am in row 12 now but they just announced a delay. Gives me a chance to listen to the radio comms played here.
Ask why they've been opening late each morning

Was told by the TM in the front there was no single rider line since they opened express. Seems inefficient for a new ride. He was nice enough to let me have an express though. I still have to see the whole regular line though.

Edit: unless the ride stays down again.

Posted Wait Times at Park opening 9:00 AM (TP) No early entry for IOA

FG.........................15 minutes
Hulk.....................10 minutes
Reign of Kong........ 20 minutes
Spider Man............5 minutes

I'm off for the drive to Orlando late tonight. So, I finally will get to see Kong, after missing it's opening during my May trip. At least now, it seems to have gotten rid of "most" of it's opening jitters, so I should be able to get in a good dozen or so rides. I always need that many to judge an attraction, since my first few rides usually succumb to the too high expectations thresh hold. After four or five rides I settle down and can appreciate a ride for it's true merits. I've always been a big believer in Tony Baxter's (the legendary Disney Imagineer) premise that the great attractions get better the more times you ride them. Gringott's is a perfect case in point. So, I'm signing off regular posting until I return from vacation in two weeks. I'll be at Sapphire for 5 nights and the great Portofino for 9 nights. So, you all get a big break from my bad humor and shaky analysis. :lol:....But I'll still be checking my PM's for those who need to get in touch with me. So, keep the discussions civil & friendly, and I'll share my experiences when I get back. Generally I wear one of my many soccer (football) shirts when I'm in the parks. So if you see someone with a Mon Valley United FC crest on the shirt (front left), yell over and say hi. OU people are the best in the theme park world, so I'll be happy to BS for a few minutes. Take care and post often....:cheers: :dance:

Posted Wait Times at Park opening 9:00 AM (TP) No early entry for IOA

FG.........................15 minutes
Hulk.....................10 minutes
Reign of Kong........ 20 minutes
Spider Man............5 minutes

I'm off for the drive to Orlando late tonight. So, I finally will get to see Kong, after missing it's opening during my May trip. At least now, it seems to have gotten rid of "most" of it's opening jitters, so I should be able to get in a good dozen or so rides. I always need that many to judge an attraction, since my first few rides usually succumb to the too high expectations thresh hold. After four or five rides I settle down and can appreciate a ride for it's true merits. I've always been a big believer in Tony Baxter's (the legendary Disney Imagineer) premise that the great attractions get better the more times you ride them. Gringott's is a perfect case in point. So, I'm signing off regular posting until I return from vacation in two weeks. I'll be at Sapphire for 5 nights and the great Portofino for 9 nights. So, you all get a big break from my bad humor and shaky analysis. :lol:....But I'll still be checking my PM's for those who need to get in touch with me. So, keep the discussions civil & friendly, and I'll share my experiences when I get back. Generally I wear one of my many soccer (football) shirts when I'm in the parks. So if you see someone with a Mon Valley United FC crest on the shirt (front left), yell over and say hi. OU people are the best in the theme park world, so I'll be happy to BS for a few minutes. Take care and post often....:cheers: :dance:

We'll miss your wise words! Excited to meet up next weekend with the rest of the OU crew if you're still up for it!