Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal's new survey asks if having Walking dead for 2017 would be a good idea.......... what... the... hell lol?

Hope that is just so they can show their bosses that it has run it's course. It looked like they were being told to do a TWD house for the last few years just as it looks like they were ordered to do a F&F ride

Reactions: Lucky Planet
AHS Chapter Two, Scream Queens (both seasons?), Ash vs Evil Dead. The others are very unlikely and/or could barely justify a maze's worth of content.
Oh, I know. True Blood is cancelled so will never happen (sniff). Fringe/X-Files aren't anywhere near relevant enough. Stranger Things is in the same wheelhouse as Game of Thrones where it being at HHN is pointless. The Strain and Z Nation could benefit from being at HHN, Uni gets nothing out of it. That said, I think all of those properties could work as mazes.

Bloodengutz is the prerequisite original sequel.

AHS Chapter Two, Scream Queens (both seasons?), Ash vs Evil Dead. The others are very unlikely and/or could barely justify a maze's worth of content.

There is plenty of content in Stranger Things to make a house.

Just off the top of my head:
Forest
Quarry
House
Shed behind the house
Government Lab
Other dimension

Plus, hopefully Season 2 will already be out by then as well.

As you can tell, I am a big fan of the show :)

Reactions: Joel
Hope that is just so they can show their bosses that it has run it's course. It looked like they were being told to do a TWD house for the last few years just as it looks like they were ordered to do a F&F ride
Two widely different things a departments, but yes. What management wants, happens. It's Creative's or A&D's job to execute it they best they can. That's business.

There is plenty of content in Stranger Things to make a house.

Just off the top of my head:
Forest
Quarry
House
Government Lab
Other dimension

Plus, hopefully Season 2 will already be out by then as well.

As you can tell, I am a big fan of the show :)
Well, except nothing of note happens in the quarry or really the forest. The only four locations that have actually action is the house, the school, the government lab, and the upside down. And there's only one monster that is unlikely to be as intimidating as people think when it's a guy in a mask and spandex.

Either way, fewer people have seen Stranger Things than AHS and I don't think Universal would pay what Netflix could charge for the rights to that franchise.

Reactions: Clive
Oh, I know. True Blood is cancelled so will never happen (sniff). Fringe/X-Files aren't anywhere near relevant enough. Stranger Things is in the same wheelhouse as Game of Thrones where it being at HHN is pointless. The Strain and Z Nation could benefit from being at HHN, Uni gets nothing out of it. That said, I think all of those properties could work as mazes.

Bloodengutz is the prerequisite original sequel.

i think x files is as relevant as texas chainsaw or halloween 2. those movies are iconic but how many teens do you know that have seen them or even like them. X files would be a fan house the same way Texas chainsaw is. might not be very relevant now but it is iconic. millions of people know X Files and were fans. I think it would bring people in. I dont know. in the 90s X Files were one of the biggest shows airing. X files is A HELL of a lot more relevant than that awful crappy Dusk till dawn tv show that got a house.

Two widely different things a departments, but yes. What management wants, happens. It's Creative's or A&D's job to execute it they best they can. That's business.

About walking dead, I thought it was speculated that it was going to be the last year?

Well, except nothing of note happens in the quarry or really the forest. The only four locations that have actually action is the house, the school, the government lab, and the upside down. And there's only one monster that is unlikely to be as intimidating as people think when it's a guy in a mask and spandex.

Either way, fewer people have seen Stranger Things than AHS and I don't think Universal would pay what Netflix could charge for the rights to that franchise.

Plenty happens in the forest, enough for a scene or two. As for the only one monster, I believe we have a house this year that only has one monster.

A lot would depend on how hot ST is when season two comes out. I dont have any data to back this up, but Stranger Things seem to be the hotter property right now even with AHS new season starting. I personally really like both series and acknowledge AHS has much more content, but Stranger Things has gone pretty viral at this point. In my opinion it would be nice to get both next year. New fresh content is always a plus for me.

BTW, this forum is the definition of obsessed fans. We are discussing next years HHN when this years has just started :)

Reactions: KRW101
About walking dead, I thought it was speculated that it was going to be the last year?
It was also speculated 24 would be the final year because that was its 3rd year. Until the perma-haunt closes in Hollywood there's a chance we get it.
A lot would depend on how hot ST is when season two comes out. I dont have any data to back this up, but Stranger Things seem to be the hotter property right now even with AHS new season starting. I personally really like both series and acknowledge AHS has much more content, but Stranger Things has gone pretty viral at this point. In my opinion it would be nice to get both next year. New fresh content is always a plus for me.
Netflix currently has 47 million subscribers domestically. In the first 35 days it was available it is estimated that just over 14 million adults 18-49 (key demo) watched Stranger Things. Netflix doesn't release actual numbers, so that number could be inflated by auto-play. There's also the overall lack of competition that can inflate that number. Netflix and other services aren't competing with networks because the people who watch them are already paying to watch them. The original shows come out with enough space between them a heavy viewer doesn't have to choose either/or to watch. I'll give every Netflix original show a shot because I'm already paying for the service, but that doesn't mean I finish them.

AHS premiered with a +3 Live (watched within 3 days of initial broadcast) of 8.3 million viewers with 5.6 million in the 18-49 demo. So, while the overall numbers are lower there's a lot more at play. One, it's the show's sixth season. Shows typically peak at viewership in season's 2-3. Two, it's actually completing with a slew of other, widely different and also similar shows in a time-slot that isn't really prime-time.

That second point is the bigger issue when looking at Stranger Things. FX, AMC, Fox, MTV, etc, are competing. Featuring their TV shows at Universal is mutually beneficial: Uni gets fans of the show interested in attending, and the studios get an invested, targeted, and relative demographic experiencing a show they may not have been interested in before. Netflix isn't competing. Universal having Stranger Things (or True Blood, or Game of Thrones, or Outcast, or Penny Dreadful, or Hemlock Grove) doesn't promote a SHOW but a subscription service that isn't actually competing for viewers. It's a different business. Therefore, the amount of money Netflix or Hulu or HBO or Starz could require for the rights to do those houses is much higher than what a traditional studio would charge for a standard cable network show. And I would be floored if paying that much would be worth the marginal influx of new guests.

Reactions: Shucker
Netflix currently has 47 million subscribers domestically. In the first 35 days it was available it is estimated that just over 14 million adults 18-49 (key demo) watched Stranger Things. Netflix doesn't release actual numbers, so that number could be inflated by auto-play. There's also the overall lack of competition that can inflate that number. Netflix and other services aren't competing with networks because the people who watch them are already paying to watch them. The original shows come out with enough space between them a heavy viewer doesn't have to choose either/or to watch. I'll give every Netflix original show a shot because I'm already paying for the service, but that doesn't mean I finish them.
One thing I've noticed is the brief Stranger Things moment in B&T gets a huge reaction, so it's definitely very popular with HHN's demographic.

Reactions: Clive and Joel
It's not even the second week yet!!!!
Haha, in fairness though Mike Aiello has mentioned many times that they start planning the next year's event as soon as the current year's event begins. So it is interesting to look at it in the mindset of the current event as that could influence some of their early thoughts of HHN 27. The things that are working well, not working well or something that's noticed once the event begins could be the early building blocks of the next event. As an example the moving floor piece that was removed from Tomb of the Ancients could be something they want to do and work to fix it to fit into next years event.

Haha, in fairness though Mike Aiello has mentioned many times that they start planning the next year's event as soon as the current year's event begins. So it is interesting to look at it in the mindset of the current event as that could influence some of their early thoughts of HHN 27. The things that are working well, not working well or something that's noticed once the event begins could be the early building blocks of the next event. As an example the moving floor piece that was removed from Tomb of the Ancients could be something they want to do and work to fix it to fit into next years event.
They removed the moving floor pieces.

Going Saturday, Oct. 1st (sans Express and S&S) and was wondering what the best plan of action would be. We always get there around 4:30/5 to be in line. Trying to figure out if we should do AHS first or leave it for last. We had originally decided we would do AHS first and then work backwards (Krampus -> Halloween, etc.) but someone on here mentioned that they were in by 6:33 and the wait was already 95 mins. With that in mind, would we still be better off doing it first or should we leave it for last and just start backwards? We also decided we'd be okay with skipping TWD if we must since we've done it all other years. Thanks in advance!

Going Saturday, Oct. 1st (sans Express and S&S) and was wondering what the best plan of action would be. We always get there around 4:30/5 to be in line. Trying to figure out if we should do AHS first or leave it for last. We had originally decided we would do AHS first and then work backwards (Krampus -> Halloween, etc.) but someone on here mentioned that they were in by 6:33 and the wait was already 95 mins. With that in mind, would we still be better off doing it first or should we leave it for last and just start backwards? We also decided we'd be okay with skipping TWD if we must since we've done it all other years. Thanks in advance!
I've heard get there while the gates are still closed.

They removed the moving floor pieces.

Peaked about 5 years too soon. It would be a lock for HHN these days.

Since they're gone, does someone mind explaining what the effect was?

Reactions: JoeCamel
By the time the main gates open I would avoid AHS. If your staying for the whole night it might be worth saving that one for the very last one. I've noticed Krampus seems to open before Ghost Town. I did Krampus one day right after AHS (from S&S) and then it lets you out near Ghost Town and did that with minimal wait. I would then head to the back.