Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Apologies if this has already been commented on... but have the scareactors been cut already? Been on Kong a few times in the last two weeks and not once have we seen any. Can see the holes they presumably should be in though.

Figured I'd so another timing for you guys..

RV before ours:
LAP 1: Load start to dispatch: 1:10 (70 seconds)
LAP 2: Dispatch to next RV arrival: 1:02 (62 seconds)

Our RV
LAP 3: Load start to dispatch: 1:13 (73 seconds)
LAP 4: Ride time: 6 minutes 17 seconds
Ride length is from dispatch to when the RV doors open (which was about 5 seconds after the RV came to a stop)

IMG_9411.PNG IMG_9412.PNG

I have had days recently where I have rode multiple times. Scareacters would be there one time and gone the next.

Bad timing for me I guess. I've been here on vacation for two weeks, riding along regulalrly and not once had any scare actors in two weeks. Hopefully next time I come in a few years!

If you are in line near a group of idiots that stick their heads in or shine a light in they will usually retread until they leave. That happened to me last time and I heard screams once we rounded the corner. Unless you have just continually been unlucky. I'm not sure how they have it staffed where they switch off every 45 like hhn or if it's just one person that takes a break every now and again.

Just had my third and fourth rides both in row 12. I have to say the middle of row 12 is pretty great for the motion being really convincing. Just look dead ahead when you're speeding forward or swinging to see what I mean. You can also watch both screens more easily.

Hi everyone. Just pulled into our home in Pa. after evacuating Orlando yesterday late afternoon, cutting our vacation short three days. Travel wasn't bad except for South Carolina where closed down roads guarded by many many police cars made travel very difficult. Masses of police cars even blocked off entrances to I 77 North, which made no sense at all. Anyway, I got 20 rides in on Kong before our hasty retreat. So once I settle in I'll give my review. To any OU members in the storm's path: My prayers go out to you & your families that you will remain safe. Take care all.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Just pulled into our home in Pa. after evacuating Orlando yesterday late afternoon, cutting our vacation short three days. Travel wasn't bad except for South Carolina where closed down roads guarded by many many police cars made travel very difficult. Masses of police cars even blocked off entrances to I 79 North, which made no sense at all. Anyway, I got 20 rides in on Kong before our hasty retreat. So once I settle in I'll give my review. To any OU members in the storm's path: My prayers go out to you & your families that you will remain safe. Take care all.

I was just asking about you this morning. Glad you made it home safely!! Our flight was cancelled for tomorrow but are headed down Monday. I wonder what Orlando will look like when we arrive.

Hi everyone. Just pulled into our home in Pa. after evacuating Orlando yesterday late afternoon, cutting our vacation short three days. Travel wasn't bad except for South Carolina where closed down roads guarded by many many police cars made travel very difficult. Masses of police cars even blocked off entrances to I 79 North, which made no sense at all. Anyway, I got 20 rides in on Kong before our hasty retreat. So once I settle in I'll give my review. To any OU members in the storm's path: My prayers go out to you & your families that you will remain safe. Take care all.
I think you may have run into interstates that were changed to one way only for evacuation purposes. I know Georgia does tha with some of their roads. All lanes go to safety.

Glad you made it safe and sound!

You liked it then? :lol:

Glad you made it home safe though. :cheers:

I was just asking about you this morning. Glad you made it home safely!! Our flight was cancelled for tomorrow but are headed down Monday. I wonder what Orlando will look like when we arrive.
I was mulling staying an extra day instead of leaving early since they were saying the weather was good for Sat. & Sunday. But I was afraid storm damage would make it impossible to drive back, so after changing my mind 5 or 6 times in a couple of hours, I decided to vamoose out of town fast.