Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Are backpacks allowed in the event? I know they are not allowed on rides, but would I have to put a backpack in a locker when going through a house or could I just leave it on?

Can anyone comment on the drink selection this year? What beer options are there from the temporary stands? All I saw the one night I have been so far was Bud Lite. Is the refillable cup good for beer or only liquor? I usually let loose one night, and stick to only a drink or two during my other visits. Thanks!

Can anyone comment on the drink selection this year? What beer options are there from the temporary stands? All I saw the one night I have been so far was Bud Lite. Is the refillable cup good for beer or only liquor? I usually let loose one night, and stick to only a drink or two during my other visits. Thanks!

As far as beer, they have the typicals. Bud Light, Coors Light, Heineken, Miller. A few spots have Rebel IPA on tap though. They have 2 of their own drafts on tap - Clown Crew Brew and HHN Pumpkin Ale. The CCB is pretty bad, but the Pumpkin could be 50/50, depending on your tastes.

The refill cup is good for both. Obviously beer is cheaper (I think by a $1 or 2.)

For their own special liquor drinks...Kiss tastes like a melted Jolly Rancher while Curse tastes almost like a Shark Attack.

Then there is Dufftoberfest again in Springfield. I wish they would have a Duff seasonal year round. I like the pumpkin beer for what it is since its the best option on tap outside of Duff or Diagon. My problem with the pumpkin is that it kinda has this sharp aftertaste, not bad but no where near my favorite pumpkin beer.

Experienced Motorcycle Riders

Seeking experienced male and female motorcycle riders. Candidates must have experience with a dirt bike style of motorcycle, have a valid Florida Motorcycle License, and have a clean driving record of 3 years.

Audition will consist of a type out audition. Following the type out audition select candidates will be asked to maneuver a small course to demonstrate skill and bike control.

Candidates must supply a photo, resume listing years of experience, and types of motorcycles ridden, and a valid endorsement at the time of the audition to be eligible to audition.

Candidates must be available for rehearsals from mid-September and for all remaining Halloween Horror Nights® performance dates: 9/29-10/2, 10-6-10/9, 10/12-10/16, 10/20-10/23, and 10/26-10/31.

Please submit a headshot and resume to Auditions@UniversalOrlando.com by 5pm on Saturday, October 1st.

Audition Schedule - Universal Orlando

Seeking experienced male and female motorcycle riders. Candidates must have experience with a dirt bike style of motorcycle, have a valid Florida Motorcycle License, and have a clean driving record of 3 years.

Audition will consist of a type out audition. Following the type out audition select candidates will be asked to maneuver a small course to demonstrate skill and bike control.

Candidates must supply a photo, resume listing years of experience, and types of motorcycles ridden, and a valid endorsement at the time of the audition to be eligible to audition.

Candidates must be available for rehearsals from mid-September and for all remaining Halloween Horror Nights® performance dates: 9/29-10/2, 10-6-10/9, 10/12-10/16, 10/20-10/23, and 10/26-10/31.

Please submit a headshot and resume to Auditions@UniversalOrlando.com by 5pm on Saturday, October 1st.

HUUUHHHHHH.

Holy cow I noticed a clearing surrounded by a fence back behind hulk today and wondered what that was. Had a ton of tire burnout marks. Must of had auditions there recently

I'm sorry in advance if this is not the appropriate place to ask this question but I had no other idea where to post a "weather" related question.

Coming down tomorrow to Florida for a few days of fun with the family and we are all set and booked to attend HHN on Sunday! The weather shows an endless amount of rain/thunderstorms basically for an entire week straight. Specifically it says "scattered storms." Do i need to worry about a wash out? Or is that more along the lines of those typical Florida 15 min down pours and the rest of the day Sunny/clear? Any info/reassurances would be appreciated! Thanks again in advance!

I'm sorry in advance if this is not the appropriate place to ask this question but I had no other idea where to post a "weather" related question.

Coming down tomorrow to Florida for a few days of fun with the family and we are all set and booked to attend HHN on Sunday! The weather shows an endless amount of rain/thunderstorms basically for an entire week straight. Specifically it says "scattered storms." Do i need to worry about a wash out? Or is that more along the lines of those typical Florida 15 min down pours and the rest of the day Sunny/clear? Any info/reassurances would be appreciated! Thanks again in advance!
Born in fort Myers and lived in west palm my entire life. Florida storms and rain are completely unpredictable. Expect a downpour around 2-4 every day.

However they expect hurricane Matthew I think near south Florida on the 8th of October. So cross your fingers for a low pressure system to move it out.

when it rains at hhn all of the out doors stuff shuts down.The houses will keep going but the costume cant get wet so no outdoor scare actors.Also if you just want to do the houses when it rains the wait times drop drastically.

I've been to HHN like 7 years total and its always the 3rd week of OCT. Whenever it rains its always a light rain that ends later in the night. Never had a issue the years I've gone. With that said I hope that Hurricane doesn't last to the 3rd week!

I was there last Wednesday night through mid Monday. Not a drop of rain until I left HHN Monday at 1:30am and a couple drops heading backing to the room at AKL. Monday after sun up was a different story. My first HHN in 6 years that did not have any rain when I went.

Just a comment on Lucy S/S.

The line was long, but I found that if you were there by 4:30 you'd have a fine spot.

What was hilarious was that the second night we lined up, the people would just line up in the Krampus queue, and then down the street towards T2.

We had a TM come out early once we lined up to say "If you think you're in line for S/S, you're not. This lineup is Krampus' queue and we'll need you to line up on the street."

No one moved, people slowly filed into the queue and then politely moved into the S/S holding area once the time came. It was a stupid announcement from the TM who came off in a smug manner, and he was completely wrong - this is where people line up for this holding area, and it keeps the line from extending too long.

Just a comment on Lucy S/S.

The line was long, but I found that if you were there by 4:30 you'd have a fine spot.

What was hilarious was that the second night we lined up, the people would just line up in the Krampus queue, and then down the street towards T2.

We had a TM come out early once we lined up to say "If you think you're in line for S/S, you're not. This lineup is Krampus' queue and we'll need you to line up on the street."

No one moved, people slowly filed into the queue and then politely moved into the S/S holding area once the time came. It was a stupid announcement from the TM who came off in a smug manner, and he was completely wrong - this is where people line up for this holding area, and it keeps the line from extending too long.

I'm heading up this weekend for my first weekend, how long was the wait to get into the house (from your position arriving at 4:30) once they let you out?

I'm heading up this weekend for my first weekend, how long was the wait to get into the house (from your position arriving at 4:30) once they let you out?
I've done HK S&S 3 times. I typically get in line between the Brown Derby and the Prop shop. I've ended up about half way back usually in front of the door mid way through the shop. I have ended up waiting about 15 minutes. I didn't really try to push ahead into a good spot though, just too hot to crowd in to gain a few extra minutes.

What has the AHS wait time been topping out at? We're not huge fans of the show, but would still really like to see the house.

I just don't want to wait 3hrs to see something I'll ultimately be disappointed in. Also, monitoring the wait times on the app is impossible since they refuse to put anything up for it.

We'll be going on a Sun, Wed, and Thu.

What has the AHS wait time been topping out at? We're not huge fans of the show, but would still really like to see the house.

I just don't want to wait 3hrs to see something I'll ultimately be disappointed in. Also, monitoring the wait times on the app is impossible since they refuse to put anything up for it.

We'll be going on a Sun, Wed, and Thu.
So far I don't think I have seen any line over 120 yet. I think is has been hovering between 75 and 100 mins... granted this is just anecdotal when I walk by. I will not be surprised to see this go north of 3 hours later into October regardless of night though. However last Sunday is was a posted 75 and we waited 20 at midnight. You can always check it out and peace out if the indoor line is full.