Is Universal Moving too Fast? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Universal Moving too Fast?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If anyone else was around during Uni's dark years... the fact we are even asking this question is a godsend.
We were. And we are thankful for what they are doing now.

One thing that must be kept in mind is that they do not develop these projects overnight. Some projects are in development for 5-6 years. So while it is a huge "document dump" at this moment, the projects themselves aren't being rushed at all.

I believe Nintendo is upwards of 3-4 years being developed right now... and construction still has yet to begin.
That is a great point..It just seemed F&F and Fallon were fast tracked and it seemed they were hitting a bit of a snag with the projects running into each other

We were. And we are thankful for what they are doing now.

That is a great point..It just seemed F&F and Fallon were fast tracked and it seemed they were hitting a bit of a snag with the projects running into each other

Wasn't it said that Fallon was supposed to be a project for UOR's 25th but that it was delayed?

My personal opinion is you don't launch a major land (Nintendo) and a 3rd park in the same year. So I would imagine 2020 was never an actual date for opening a 3rd park.

I don't think they've actually said that Nintendo would be opening in 2020. That's just Japan IIRC.

I don't think they've actually said that Nintendo would be opening in 2020. That's just Japan IIRC.

Agreed. 2020 has always been speculation, but I believe some insiders have agreed with that speculation. I just think Nintendo opens before the 3rd park opens. If you are smart you open it the year before so you don't have those people who delay their vacation until the 3rd park opens people.

Agreed. 2020 has always been speculation, but I believe some insiders have agreed with that speculation. I just think Nintendo opens before the 3rd park opens. If you are smart you open it the year before so you don't have those people who delay their vacation until the 3rd park opens people.

It has been rumored that Nintendo would be opening the lands closely for UOR and USJ, with 2020 as the rumored date.

If you think Universal is moving fast now, just wait about 18 months.

Hypothetically dreaming, I'm thinking that you are implying that UOSouth is going to do Infastructure work in the near future..

I'm not sure a year would be enough to stop the people who'd delay for the new park. This new park would be announced at least a couple years before it opened. Which, if nintendo opened a year before, would mean it was announced a year before Nintendo opened. So everyone would know about it already. I agree spreading them out is better for the resort, I just don't know that a year is enough. And since neither have started construction, it would mean 2022 for the second one to open at the earliest. That's assuming they close Kidzone next year to even get all that done. I really could see them opening them at the same time with Nintendo areas in both Kidzone and the new park.

Over the past few years we have seen the addition of some wonderful new attractions, from Diagon Alley to Kong..We have also got some great concepts and designs for restaurants as well as refurbishments..It would seem that ever since DA people have been mixed about Universal Creative's new creations..Ever since Comcast has taken over UC has been let loose to create new attractions and designs constantly..The lukewarm reactions to Hulk and the semi-good reactions to Kong though had me asking this question: Are they moving too fast?

As we are on the F&F, a complete clone from Hollywood and a very similar ride in the park next to it, is UC loosing some of its steam? Are we just getting older and complaining more? Can anything satisfy us the same way as when we first rode Spiderman? Is Vin Diesel real or just a hologram?

As I lay in bed last night thinking about this I figured I would ask it to the forum to get some insight...Before commenting please know, I love Universal with all my heart..I am a passholder...I expect this conversation to remain civil, thanks

Well, what do you think?
I normally don't have the popular opinion, so I won't share mine. I will say I've asked the same question.

I honestly can't see it all happening. The combined capex for Universal Parks would have to triple if they want to get this all done. Multiple attractions, 2 megalands, and 2 theme parks (plus a water park) all in less than 10 years. :faint:

I honestly can't see it all happening. The combined capex for Universal Parks would have to triple if they want to get this all done. Multiple attractions, 2 megalands, and 2 theme parks (plus a water park) all in less than 10 years. :faint:

From 2010 to 2014 alone, UOR gained two megalands (Hogsmeade and Diagon), 2 new attractions (with one being built almost a year alone), and made way for one of the most profitful hotels on property. Not to mention new additions to entertainment with the parade and the nighttime spectacular (At the time it was a spectacular), they had done more than what Disney did during those four years alone.

From 2010 to 2014 alone, UOR gained two megalands (Hogsmeade and Diagon), 2 new attractions (with one being built almost a year alone), and made way for one of the most profitful hotels on property. Not to mention new additions to entertainment with the parade and the nighttime spectacular (At the time it was a spectacular), they had done more than what Disney did during those four years alone.
I'm counting international and domestic. Disney all around has been more active than Universal, just not in Orlando.

You have USB, 3rd Orlando gate, 2 Nintendo lands, maybe even more at USH, multiple UOR attractions, USH attractions, Volcano Bay...

They would be stepping up their international development at the same time as maintaining, and even surpassing their prior domestic development.

Last edited:
This probably won't be popular, but I feel like Disney has done more stuff overall in the past couple years than Universal (Shanghai, cough). If you factor in the number of theme parks each company has, Universal has done much, much more per park than Disney has.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
This probably won't be popular, but I feel like Disney has done more stuff overall in the past couple years than Universal (Shanghai, cough). If you factor in the number of theme parks each company has, Universal has done much, much more per park than Disney has.
Until recently, the only parks/resorts Universal owned was USH and UOR right? Singapore is owned by the Genting Group and USJ was owned by USJ Co., now 51% NBCUniversal.

One thing to note as well is that Hogsmeade and Transformers were paid for by GE. The 2010-2014 spread represents the investments of two separate companies, two different bottom lines.