Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The short hand is at 12 as it doesn't touch the outer bezel.

Originally I thought it was 4.20. Going for the stoner crowd could make them millions more.

I can see it that way, but I can also see that the ornate design at the top of the circle being part of the clock hand making it the long one. Looking at an older design of the logo, you can see that is part of it actually:

Toothsome-Logo.jpg

If you look at the sign, the ornate part isn't exactly on the 12. It's a minute or so short. You can tell as there isn't a dot visible through the center of the design like at 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10. Actually, the outer ring deviates from the design there as it should be partially visible, but its clearly not there at all. Not sure if thats an oversight, or just the dot is missing for some other reason. Looking at it, I'd say it's 3:59 myself, not that it's a more significant time.

CteP_OnXYAE-zHM.jpg

Not to mention, for it to be 12:20, the top hand would have to be to the right of the 12 position, 33% of the way to the 1 position. But that's assuming they actually care enough about their "clock" to make it accurate. lol

I can see it that way, but I can also see that the ornate design at the top of the circle being part of the clock hand making it the long one. Looking at an older design of the logo, you can see that is part of it actually:

Toothsome-Logo.jpg

If you look at the sign, the ornate part isn't exactly on the 12. It's a minute or so short. You can tell as there isn't a dot visible through the center of the design like at 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10. Actually, the outer ring deviates from the design there as it should be partially visible, but its clearly not there at all. Not sure if thats an oversight, or just the dot is missing for some other reason. Looking at it, I'd say it's 3:59 myself, not that it's a more significant time.

CteP_OnXYAE-zHM.jpg

Not to mention, for it to be 12:20, the top hand would have to be to the right of the 12 position, 33% of the way to the 1 position. But that's assuming they actually care enough about their "clock" to make it accurate. lol

When talking about grandfather clocks the more ornate one is the shorter one and the hour marker. So that would make the hour one at the top. You are correct that it makes no sense that it is right before the 12, it should be slightly after the 12 to be 12:20.

This post nearly choked me when I saw it as I was thinking about a grandfather clock today that is in the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan. (and I have never been to that museum before)

Complete aside, but the Henry Ford / Greenfield Village is one of my favorite museums in the country (mostly Greenfield Village). Check it out! Walt Disney specifically said that Greenfield Village was a large inspiration for Disneyland and you can see it.

Reactions: amityboattours
This post nearly choked me when I saw it as I was thinking about a grandfather clock today that is in the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan. (and I have never been to that museum before)

lol - I walked over to our grandfather clock to double check :)

Complete aside, but the Henry Ford / Greenfield Village is one of my favorite museums in the country (mostly Greenfield Village). Check it out! Walt Disney specifically said that Greenfield Village was a large inspiration for Disneyland and you can see it.
I second this! A truly unique experience, the likes of which will never be duplicated again in this age. Love the restaurant experience they have there, eating the old time food in a guest house place with servers in period dress serving you (or at least this was all there back on my visit in '98). Makes you feel extra grateful for Triple Baconators in our time!! :D

Reactions: GadgetGuru
...And lets look and see from Concept to finished product..

Concept:

Toothsomes_Updated-Rendering-1440x900.jpg

And..the finished product.

wp_20160930_19_44_24_raw-2-jpg.3162

Overall, there are a little bit of changes here and there but it is extremely close to what the concept art showed..ain't that something?
They need to get some more lighting on the gears like the concept. It seems really dark in that area for having so much detail