MSHI Expansion? | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...With this and that GoTG tidbit given a few days ago, I have now to believe that a contract may finally be in place, possibly.

Something to remember with this store, before that sign was up; it was essentially "Super Hero HQ" with the S.H.I.E.L.D enblem and there are some individuals that stated of certain things having to be removed. I have to wonder if @testtrack321 or @BriMan could add some incite to this, as it is an interesting development.

We haven't heard anything.

I just think Universal tried to make them change it and it probably went into arbitration and Universal lost. Which based on the contract they should lose. Just like Disney would lose based on the current contract if they tried to put GotG in Epcot.

I would feel different if this was in one of the parks. But it is not. I imagine Universal tried to claim that Disney Springs is a part of the park and not outside of the park. Which since DS is all shopping they didn't have much of a leg to stand on.

That is what I am thinking. I never understood how anything in Disney Springs effects the contract between Universal and Marvel. I mean why can't Marvel open stores up within the 300 mile thing? There was never anything in the contract like that.

The clauses re: "The Marvel Universe" aren't "like" that--they are EXACTLY that. A highly themed Marvel-branded store selling Marvel merch. Can't be located within 60 miles of IoA.

Pays to remember what the contract says and what the Online Theme Park Community (TM)--largely made up of non-lawyers--think it says are two radically different things.

Reactions: rioriz and sjago13
The clauses re: "The Marvel Universe" aren't "like" that--they are EXACTLY that. A highly themed Marvel-branded store selling Marvel merch. Can't be located within 60 miles of IoA.

Pays to remember what the contract says and what the Online Theme Park Community (TM)--largely made up of non-lawyers--think it says are two radically different things.

FWIW, I consider myself a smart guy... but I had the article checked over with several people with law backgrounds, and other high-profile theme park writers. With that, we even made clear that we aren't lawyers and we can be wrong with it all.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So I just passed by the store on my way to work. The new sign is very noticeable, but Candy Cauldron and Orlando World Soccer also got new signs.

Maybe this was just part of an overall improvement to the area aesthetics?

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
Carousel of Progress and Toothsome also got new signs.

Is it just the week of signs?
Maybe?!

Even STK is getting a new sign soon. They're trying to emphasize they're a restaurant and steakhouse to people unfamiliar with the brand by adding it under STK on the signs.

Last edited:
So I road Doom today, I think I've been on this around three times, today was the first time we went through the queue.

So after you are seated, you pull down the restraint and then an attendant comes around and inserts the buckle part (they tell you not to do this yourself). After the ride, the attendant comes around with a key to unlock the buckle. I do not think this was how it was done when I last rode and I guess I can assume why the ride was closed.

Also, not sure if it was because it was early, but only one tower was running,but again this was within an hour and a half of park opening.

So I road Doom today, I think I've been on this around three times, today was the first time we went through the queue.

So after you are seated, you pull down the restraint and then an attendant comes around and inserts the buckle part (they tell you not to do this yourself). After the ride, the attendant comes around with a key to unlock the buckle. I do not think this was how it was done when I last rode and I guess I can assume why the ride was closed.

Also, not sure if it was because it was early, but only one tower was running,but again this was within an hour and a half of park opening.

Opening the restraint with a key is definitely new from the last time I rode (2013)

This is definitely new. Buckling and unbuckling was something each person did for themselves. I enjoy this ride so it's good to see it up and running again.