Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Last week I watched the end sequence of the original Star Wars for the first time in decades, and I was shocked at how hokey it looks now. It was so amazing and grand back in 1977.

In case anyone is confused why the SoA facade across from Muppets is still standing, it's because it will remain.

Will it be redressed or stay as is ?
I've heard both.

I've heard it said that it will remain as is to blend in with Muppets Courtyard or they will redress it to have a smoother transition to SWL. It's worth noting the fire escapes and Chevrolet sign were removed from the facade a few weeks ago, but since then they haven't made any more changes.

I think it would make sense to have a smoother transition but you never know what they will decide to do until we actually see them do it.

So I think these are all kind of related to SWL, just grasping at anything at the moment so if you don't think they should be here let me know and I can remove the links :lol:

Also photo updates over at this link:

PHOTO REPORT: Hollywood Studios 9/27/16 (Royal Flush Opens, Demolition Continues, PizzeRizzo, ETC.) - WDW News TodayWDW News Today

Photo for example:

IMG_0127-1-1200x900.jpg

Micechat has dropped some amazing descriptions of the 2 SWL E-tickets and a brief description of the land. Sounds absolutely incredible! Except the capacity.

Last edited:
Micechat has dropped some amazing descriptions of the 2 SWL E-tickets and a brief description of the land. Sounds absolutely incredible! Except the capacity.

Some info matches up with what I've heard, some doesn't (AA count), and some makes no sense (ST attraction making you board and disembark several times).

Some info matches up with what I've heard, some doesn't (AA count), and some makes no sense (ST attraction making you board and disembark several times).

From what you heard, do you think it will be a capacity issue? I can't believe Disney would be so dumb to put in two rides with capacity issues in the same park that they already had an issue with (toy story) capacity of their rides. I mean I know Disney is dumb and all, you would think they would have learned some kind of lesson from past mistakes. But maybe not :lol:

I can't see multiple boardings being practical. They'd have to disregard capacity completely.

Capacity and operational concerns aside, the battle attraction sounds like it could really be something special if the aforementioned concerns are smoothed out. The idea of a kind of ride/walk-through hybrid sounds different enough to really intrigue me, and implies the attraction is going to have plenty of real stuff to look at inside rather than just ride film. Copious AAs (including something "gargantuan") is all I need to hear at this point to get me cautiously excited.

Eh, I really don't like the idea of a ride/walk-through hybrid. I want the land's premiere ride to be an actual through and through ride. Save the immersive walk-through stuff for the queue.

Multiple people over at Magic have said they haven't heard anything about it being a hybrid type ride. Not saying MC is wrong, but they may have described it a bit wonky.

The way I'm reading into it is the "walk-through" portion is an extremely immersive queue. And then of course the ride.