Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26 House Route/Guide

How realistic do people think doing Kitty s&s and then getting AHS, Krampus, & H2 done in order before main gates open is?
I did Lucy S&S 2x. AHS to Exorcist to Halloween 2 or Walking Dead before main gates. I believe they were walking in when I was by Lair of the Banshee's.

I hate the Lucy S&S. Its uncomfortable, cramped but I wanted to get AHS done. There's also this kid that cuts the line when I'm over there and it drives me nuts. Thats a side note.

Next night I go I'm most likely doing SpringField.

I did Lucy S&S 2x. AHS to Exorcist to Halloween 2 or Walking Dead before main gates. I believe they were walking in when I was by Lair of the Banshee's.

I hate the Lucy S&S. Its uncomfortable, cramped but I wanted to get AHS done. There's also this kid that cuts the line when I'm over there and it drives me nuts. Thats a side note.

Next night I go I'm most likely doing SpringField.
Is he a short kid decked out in HHN gear? Cause there was this kid behind me in H2 that yelled white trash to all the Mikes after the dumpster scene I almost wanted to turn around and smack him. He seems to work there or at least knew the employees which made me wonder why he would act so rude.

For HHN26, we'll have a few nights with S&S access and I had a few questions:

-What is the latest you can enter USO with a regular daytime ticket?

-We've done Finnegans before - and it doesn't seem like people actually line up - rather just hang around until it's almost time and then kind of bunch together. Is this similar in other zones? We're looking at Lucy/Hello Kitty - but is it just overly uncomfortable?

-Simpsons sounds like it keeps people a bit more spread out - and I like the idea of sitting at the Duff Beer Garden until it is time to go in. Is this fairly accurate?

and it doesn't seem like people actually line up - rather just hang around until it's almost time and then kind of bunch together. Is this similar in other zones? We're looking at Lucy/Hello Kitty - but is it just overly uncomfortable?
Last year at Lucy/Kitty it was like that, but this year it sounds very different.

For HHN26, we'll have a few nights with S&S access and I had a few questions:

-What is the latest you can enter USO with a regular daytime ticket?

I'm not entirely sure but people do start lining up at the gates prior to closing. Due to having no extra security at the gate this year I imagine if you get to the park half an hour prior to close you can get in perfectly fine.

-We've done Finnegans before - and it doesn't seem like people actually line up - rather just hang around until it's almost time and then kind of bunch together. Is this similar in other zones? We're looking at Lucy/Hello Kitty - but is it just overly uncomfortable?

Yes.

-Simpsons sounds like it keeps people a bit more spread out - and I like the idea of sitting at the Duff Beer Garden until it is time to go in. Is this fairly accurate?

If you can get a seat of course, it still is a lot of guests bunched up around the restroom area.

If I want to do hello kitty stay and scream sunday what time should I get there for a good spot, I really want to do ahs

Is he a short kid decked out in HHN gear? Cause there was this kid behind me in H2 that yelled white trash to all the Mikes after the dumpster scene I almost wanted to turn around and smack him. He seems to work there or at least knew the employees which made me wonder why he would act so rude.
He does have a bunch of HHN pins on his hat. Really skinny but wears a big jacket when its 90+ degrees outside. He did it again after I posted that. Just cuts right on through passed everyone who got there on time. What really gets me is when the gates drop he puts his arms out so no one can get passed him. I called him out on it and he just ignored me and my group told me to forget about it even tho they didnt see him do it 2x prior. He also looks like the ultimate weasel. Im going by myself next Wednesday (never done HHN by myself) but if I see him again it wont be good. Hopefully he is reading this but prob not.

He does have a bunch of HHN pins on his hat. Really skinny but wears a big jacket when its 90+ degrees outside. He did it again after I posted that. Just cuts right on through passed everyone who got there on time. What really gets me is when the gates drop he puts his arms out so no one can get passed him. I called him out on it and he just ignored me and my group told me to forget about it even tho they didnt see him do it 2x prior. He also looks like the ultimate weasel. Im going by myself next Wednesday (never done HHN by myself) but if I see him again it wont be good. Hopefully he is reading this but prob not.
That's the same kid. I can understand being really into the event and wanting to be first into a house but people need to realize they share the event. Sometimes people's love for something goes to fanatical levels and it isn't healthy.

This is how I would do it personally

Arrive at Lucy Stay and Scream by 430

-Then wiggle way up front to be among first into AHS
-After Horror Story immediately hit Exorcist as all the other SS houses won't open until 630.
-Then bolt to Halloween which is the only other house open before 630pm
-By now it should be 630 or if your really good a few mins before so hit Tomb of the Ancients
-Obviously then TCM
-Then yes hit Chance
-It shouldn't be later than 7:30 now and the lines filling up quickly at the sound stages.
-Regardless though you should head straight to the Walking Dead which will command very large waits beyond 8pm
-Ghost Town is right next door so do that
-Finally there is Krampus which at this point you should expect to wait 45-70 mins
-Now its time to take a break and either eat or watch one of the shows. AOV is at 845 and 10. Either of those are the perfect shows to watch since between 830 and 1030 are PEAK house wait times. I would also recommend hitting Bill and Ted between 830 and 1030 for the same reasons.
-The rest of the night is free but I recommend venturing back over to Halloween, Tomb, and Krampus as wait times diminish for these houses as the evening comes to a close.

-Then wiggle way up front to be among first into AHS
Do everything he said besides this part. :)

Solid route for this year. This what I did 2 of the 3 nights. I personally can't do Lucy again this year but it was worth it for those 2 nights.

Next Wednesday I will be on a solo HHN trip and S&S in Springfield.

Thursday the 29th we did S&S in Springfield and was no where near the front of the line and was able to do Halloween, Tomb, Texas and Chance before 7:30pm and then caught the first show of Bill and Ted at 7:45pm. By 9:30pm, was able to do Krampus, Walking Dead and Ghost Town as well. Was able to do all the scare zones as well. I had been up since 4am so I bailed at that point before we could do AHS and Exorcist.

Thursday the 22nd we managed to do both shows, all 9 houses, all the scare zones, hung out with people and even had dinner at Finns without express pass along with needing to take mandatory breaks. Its a bit of a convoluted path but

S&S Lucy for AHS. After that it was broken up a bit Walking Dead, Ghost Town, Tomb, TCM, Krampus, Chance, Halloween, Exorcist. The normal routes I have taken aren't working as good this year but this seems to be a bit of a winner each time with minor changes here and there to it.

Thursday the 29th we did S&S in Springfield and was no where near the front of the line and was able to do Halloween, Tomb, Texas and Chance before 7:30pm and then caught the first show of Bill and Ted at 7:45pm. By 9:30pm, was able to do Krampus, Walking Dead and Ghost Town as well. Was able to do all the scare zones as well. I had been up since 4am so I bailed at that point before we could do AHS and Exorcist.
So i have a "thing" with it being dark out for shows.. was it dark out for B&T at 7:45pm? if not, did affect the show in any way?

We're heading out for [HASHTAG]#HHN26[/HASHTAG] on Sunday - any updates / recommendations for S&S to get the most out of it?

We're planning on the Lucy/Hello Kitty S&S to hit AHS, then Exorcist and then book it over to H2 and ToA. Hopefully we're able to hit those with minimal waits before the real crowds hit. I'm not a huge fan of that S&S location setup (is there at least a drink cart)?

We have express passes but are trying to maximize our night by doing some houses twice!

How would you plan your night if you were NOT doing S&S? Planning on going on Monday 31st so I have heard it should be quieter that night... then maybe getting the after 10pm express passes if needed.

Thanks!

How would you plan your night if you were NOT doing S&S? Planning on going on Monday 31st so I have heard it should be quieter that night... then maybe getting the after 10pm express passes if needed.

Thanks!

Head to the right. 110%, head to the right.

Be sure you're at the front of the line waiting to get in the park. Once gates open, head to Halloween, then Tomb, then Chainsaw, then Lunatic's. Each house exits very near the next house's entrance. We did this our first night this year, and hit all 4 by 7:00 or before.

From there, I would head to either Ghost Town (then TWD), or Exorcist (then GT, then TWD) depending which houses have shorter wait times. Krampus and AHS you can fit in whenever.

Be prepared to wait for AHS though. It was a loooong wait every night we went, but we got lucky and hit it at 60mins around 10:00 on night.

Have fun!

^ if we are at the front of the line waiting to get it, would it be a good idea to do AHS first and then head right (tomb, halloween, TCM, etc)? Or will those right-side houses have long wait times by the time we're done with AHS? Someone else on here mentioned that on average AHS starts at about 90minutes wait at opening from the stay and scream people, but what about specifically on a thursday?

If you go to AHS you are walking into a 30 min wait. You can basically do 4 houses with minimal waits if you go right first. If you do AHS then it's a gamble because those 4 walkons could be 30 each adding up to 120 mins of wait you could have avoided. You will be able to do AHS, just monitor the line and if anything hop in at the very end and it moves faster once the park closes since there are no express. But if you even want to think about AHS first you literally need to be the first at the gate but I personally think it isn't worth it.

Agreed with above.

You're going to wait for AHS one way or the other. The trade off is that if you wait at the beginning, you have a whole crowd behind you flowing into the other houses and building up the lines.

You could get four houses done in the time you'd wait for AHS (one house) at the beginning of the night.