Hurricane Matthew | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Hurricane Matthew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They should be fine. It's not expected to really impact the Keys.

94 Gordon?

Probably waiting on the official "Hurricane Warning". A lot of businesses don't make moves until that happens.
I was down her for Gordon in '94. I had just finished up at Full Sail. Our garage and backyard flooded....twice.

Oh, and I gearing up to get very wet between Thurs. afternoon and Friday evening.

Perhaps TMI, but the second or third cane I recall calling (land line) my mommie like an 8 year old and getting all weepy because I could not take it any longer.

No joke, there was a pretty big mass exodus of Floridians after that Summer. I personally had made up my mind to move back north on December 31 until my company got bought up and gave me a much better offer in mid-December. I went 6 weeks without power, couldn't complain because I knew people who went 3 months. It was one of the most depressing times in my life, everyone was just broken down and miserable.

Some news stations are saying that after 7 days the hurricane will turn around and hit florida again.
Channel 9 mentioned that

Yeah...Frontier Airlines is pretty useless. I've been trying to reschedule our flight from Friday to Saturday for two straight days (I've literally called 39 times). Their awesome automated phone system just disconnects every time it goes to transfer to a real person. Their phone system brags about how you can make changes online. Yeah...not so much. Their website is as useless as their phone system and customer service. I will NEVER fly Frontier again after this debacle.

This is the risk one takes when booking Frontier. I have probably saved enough for it not even to matter if this happened to me money wise at least.

I was down her for Gordon in '94. I had just finished up at Full Sail.

Was full sail worthwhile in 94 either?

And for those of you like me, that don't listen to the radio at all, remember that if the power goes out, your car radio will give you updates on the situation.

I am interested in whether or not they take down the awnings at the entrance to IOA this time. I am not sure what works for the parks better, insurance and damage or saving the infrastructure. The good news is that it doesn't appear that it will be a direct hit.

I am interested in whether or not they take down the awnings at the entrance to IOA this time. I am not sure what works for the parks better, insurance and damage or saving the infrastructure. The good news is that it doesn't appear that it will be a direct hit.
It looks like Melbourne may get hit pretty bad.

This is the real deal, and people need to be ready.

Predictions show that Mathew may go out to sea near the Carolinas and circle back to Florida for a second hit like Hurricane Ivan did years ago, so stay alert in the week following Mathew. Stock up on supplies, and be ready for an extended period of now power. It can take up to a month to return power to the least priority and worst hit areas.

Stay aware, stay prepared, and stay safe everyone!!! It time for Mr. Mathew's Wild Ride.

Don't companies as big as Comcast self insure?