Hurricane Matthew | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Hurricane Matthew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seaworld will close at 2pm Thurs and be closed Friday, reopen on Saturday.

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled on Thursday, October 6.

Blizzard Beach closed Thurs & Fri / Typhoon closed Friday.

More HHN props are being removed. Every sign is being removed. The lights are being completely removed from roof tops and temporary stage.

Reactions: SeventyOne
ORLANDO, Fla. —Below is a list of entertainment activities that have been cancelled or rescheduled because of Hurricane Matthew:

Theme Parks

• Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom - Thursday night event canceled. (Walt Disney World continues to operate under normal conditions but says it's monitoring Hurricane Matthew.)
  • LegoLand Florida - Closed Friday.
  • SeaWorld Orlando - Closing at 2 p.m. Thursday; Closed Friday.
  • Discovery Cove - Closing at 2 p.m. Thursday, Closed Friday.
  • Aquatica - Closed Thursday and Friday.
Kennedy Space Center - Closed Thursday and Friday; Expected to reopen Saturday

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Another tip that I can offer that few think of: Heat and serve soups like Chunky or Progresso are safe, cold right out of the can. Note that none of them say boil the soup, just merely heat/warm it. No one at my Publix seemed to figure that out so I ate like a king while others roamed the supermarket like zombies. ;)

Another tip that I can offer that few think of: Heat and serve soups like Chunky or Progresso are safe, cold right out of the can. Note that none of them say boil the soup, just merely heat/warm it. No one at my Publix seemed to figure that out so I ate like a king while others roamed the supermarket like zombies. ;)
All ready stocked up on water, Chunky, crackers, bread, tuna, mayo packets, Kraft singles, etc.

Filled the tub up with cold water for sponge baths. Tons of flashlights, batteries, and charged EVERYTHING!

Reactions: Teebin

Go to sams or costco, get the 3 lb pre cooked bacon.

A Yeti type rotomolded cooler with block ice (gallon water/milk filled and frozen work well for this) will keep lunch meats good for nearly a week. Graphic some dry ice and do the same for frozen stuff. We actually put it on our freezers when we have power failures here in Arkansas. Don't want all that venison and duck going south.

WOW! What a day yesterday was trying to rearrange all our travel plans! I know it doesn't compare to what people are about to go through, and I wish you local UO friends the best.
We finally got our flight rescheduled for Monday morning so hopefully that works out. I just hope this beast doesn't do a U turn like some are predicting.

EDIT - has anyone here heard from Mad Dog recently? I'm surprised he hasn't touched base. I hope they're hunkered down somewhere.

Example: Back in 2004 I purchased 4 acres of a "Central Park" like property. Within 45 days it was reduced to this. I was distraught! And just imagine how much it cost to clean all of it up. These pictures only display 1/8th of the property.

PICT0114_zpsea8yudyr.jpg

PICT0115_zps1jv1zkug.jpg

Reactions: Joel and STL
My wife's conference got cancelled early so we were able to relocate to our 2nd hotel today so we can hunker down for Friday.
I got all my Disney stuff rescheduled for the weekend so we should be good!
We were at a private party in UO last night and saw the crews dismantling the stage as well.

You know what sucks? The main reason we were going to Florida is because our friends daughter was to be married on Cocoa Beach this Saturday. We decided to turn that trip into an extended vacation. All the family members have already arrived and had to evacuate from the hotel in Cocoa yesterday. They are now all hunkered down in various hotels around the airport. This sucks, and is going to suck a lot for all kinds of people. I feel bad for everyone involved, but especially for the poor Bride and Groom and all the family. They are from the Midwest and are used to tornadoes. Not this stuff!

Queues for HHN have been removed, they're canceling the event tonight at least if not Friday too. Saturday will be interesting. Don't expect parks to be open this afternoon or tomorrow. Maybe a late opening on Saturday if lucky. I fully expect DAK might not open till later next week.

Queues for HHN have been removed, they're canceling the event tonight at least if not Friday too. Saturday will be interesting. Don't expect parks to be open this afternoon or tomorrow. Maybe a late opening on Saturday if lucky. I fully expect DAK might not open till later next week.

Yea given that Orlando could have strong tropical storm to hurricane conditions until late Friday afternoon, there really is no safe window for staff to reassemble any of the HHN stuff they've taken down. My money is Friday closures across the board and Saturday reopenings IF there isn't major damage.

Reactions: SeventyOne

I'm just floored that we haven't heard anything from Universal yet. It's really just holding a lot of people in the lurch.

Mad Dog left Orlando yesterday. They had an extended trip because the SC Gov. shut down I-26. They made it to Statesville, NC and stopped for the night. They are going to drive the rest of the way today.

This is gonna get real. Everyone in Cent.FL needs to take this one seriously. Flying street signs and palm trees, no power for days, and boil water alerts for a week.

Mad Dog left Orlando yesterday. They had an extended trip because the SC Gov. shut down I-26. They made it to Statesville, NC and stopped for the night. They are going to drive the rest of the way today.

This is gonna get real. Everyone in Cent.FL needs to take this one seriously. Flying street signs and palm trees, no power for days, and boil water alerts for a week.

For the last 3 years I've been over with you at this time of years. Gutted I'm missing HHN this year but guess I struck lucky this time.

Although Saying that, my sadistic side has always wanted to experience one, wrong I know but the curiosity has always intrigued me, so much so that part of me is still wishing I was there with you, chugging defiant hurricanes in the face of the storm.

Reactions: Disneyhead

That makes me wonder, what do they, or can they, do with the animals at DAK? Do they have the ability to cage the Safari Animals?