Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

So the alarm fun continues this morning. The fire door at the top of the escalators in the convention wing are closing on their own. Might be the breakfast buffet they have set up 5 feet away? So they will need the alarm guys to look into that as well.

Who cares, I am at the pool with the landscapers raking, trimming and leafblowing. Beautiful day

Pool area is open but you can't go in the water.......... WTF?

This hotel is a joke. After staying there and having crap stained sheets, not much they can do to make me want to come back. I was called from SF housekeeping manager and she told me they'd give me a free night voucher through the mail, haven't gotten anything yet.

This hotel is a joke. After staying there and having crap stained sheets, not much they can do to make me want to come back. I was called from SF housekeeping manager and she told me they'd give me a free night voucher through the mail, haven't gotten anything yet.

I thought they gave you a discount on your room?

I thought they gave you a discount on your room?

They did but because of how horrible everything was and the receipts (pics)I have, they called me once I was back home saying they'd give me a free night I can use within the next year and haven't received anything yet.

People are saying that the hotel is new but it's been open for months now. Yes it's new but those issues should've been sorted out by now.

Last edited:
They did but because of how horrible everything was and the receipts (pics)I have, they called me once I was back home saying they'd give me a free night I can use within the next year and haven't received anything yet.

People are saying that the hotel is new but it's been open for months now. Yes it's new but those issues should've been sorted out by now.

My room was perfect. Just took forever after checking in to get.

On the Universal Orlando Annual Passholders FB page, someone brought up a bad experience with SF and everyone is pitching in about their bad experiences. Lol.

Has anyone else received questionairre after staying asking what other activities such as cookery lessons, yoga, segway tour in the parks before they open etc they would be interested in?

Last edited:
On the Universal Orlando Annual Passholders FB page, someone brought up a bad experience with SF and everyone is pitching in about their bad experiences. Lol.

I booked Fri-Mon for the last HHN weekend so those had me worried at first, then I remembered that you're always going to get more people posting their bad experiences than their good ones.

Stayed at Sapphire Falls beginning Thursday September 29 with check out on Tuesday October 4. Three of us - the Uber from the airport to the hotel was $71. We arrived and started to check in around 1:15pm or so. At that point the room was not ready. We had booked with the $150 dining credit which was not showing up; spoke to the manager on duty and it was fixed. At that time our room opened up and we were on our way. Total check in time was under 15 minutes even with the delay. All staff nice.

Went to the room and threw our stuff down and decided to grab something to eat. Went to Amatista, probably arrived around 2pm. Two other tables occupied and hostess took 5 minutes to check us in. Had to keep looking at the map to see the tables. Manager (I presume) was standing in kitchen observing her but making no effort to help. Extremely slow wait service. No offer of soda refills. We quickly ate the very good food and then left for the parks. This would be the first time eating there and while the food was very good, wait staff was slow and seemed to be in no hurry to assist anyone.

We ate breakfast at Amatista on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and service was slightly better. Still took forever fro drink refills. Hostess station still a mess. Food was good - each day we had the buffet. Some times had to search for a clean plate as they would just plop plates down without checking to see if they were actually clean. Person I was with asked for a coffee to go each morning. Each day the wait staff (different person each time) made a statement that it would take them some time to try to find a to go cup. Sometimes it would take a few minutes; longest wait was 15 minutes.

The New Dutch Trading Company (convenience store with hot food) was used to purchase soft drinks (bottles) and candy. Never saw anyone purchase the hot food. Staff here was very pleasant and spoke to you.

Most staff at the resort, including front desk, store, housekeeping, were very nice. Amatista staff the exception.

Took the boat over most times to City Walk. Walked twice to City Walk. First day walked back and followed the directions on the walk way and ended at the front of the resort. So don't follow the signs; follow your gut and cross thru Royal Pacific. Never did find the bus when it was thunder and lightning so no idea about times. Boat waits averaged about 15 minutes. Walk was about 15 minutes as well.

Room was nice; the sliding bathroom door did not bother us at all. Put the do not disturb sign out on your door as it appears housekeeping starts knocking by 8:30am.

Hotel still seems to be a work in progress - still hanging artwork in the hallways. We were in building 2 on the 2nd floor with a view of the lagoon.

Booked 8 nights at Sapphire Falls next October as part of our honeymoon trip. First time staying on property, cannot wait!
As a follow up to this, is there a way for me to calculate an approximate AP room discount for a 8 night stay at SF? Trying to figure out if it's financially beneficial to us to buy a couple Seasonal Passes for the room discount alone.

Being quoted $1300 (inc. tax) direct with Universal now.

As a follow up to this, is there a way for me to calculate an approximate AP room discount for a 8 night stay at SF? Trying to figure out if it's financially beneficial to us to buy a couple Seasonal Passes for the room discount alone.

Being quoted $1300 (inc. tax) direct with Universal now.
Put APH in the promotion box to see if you'd get a better deal

Palm Trees are hard to take down once rooted too, so it's definitely a result of them being recently planted as Teebin said.