SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Liked the interview Brian. So 8 new experiences, though only five are known: kraken, dolphin, summer festival, seven seas festival and Nautilus. What interests me is how in the interview you did he mentioned the symbiotic relationship between Kraken and Atlantis, so I guess an Atlantis refurb is still in the books, but probably not until after Kraken.

I think they were all announced. There is a beer bar too.

Thanks. Atlantis hopefully will get a refurb for 2018 then, together with a possible Wild Arctic replacement. Another coaster probably won't happen until 2020, especially since Busch Gardens will probably get a major coaster addition in 2018.

Here's an interesting tidbit from an article in the Orlando Sentinel

SeaWorld next year plans to ditch its finger-scanning system and go to photo ID for multi-day tickets and annual passes.

I am all for this.

Disney World, SeaWorld tweak procedures to fight ticket fraud - Orlando Sentinel
Agreed! Out of all the local parks, SeaWorld needs it the most. They have the smallest entrance area and lowest number of turnstiles, so they need to get peope through there fast.

I wonder if the picture will be printed on the passes or if it will simply appear on the screen when you scan the pass.

Agreed! Out of all the local parks, SeaWorld needs it the most. They have the smallest entrance area and lowest number of turnstiles, so they need to get peope through there fast.

I wonder if the picture will be printed on the passes or if it will simply appear on the screen when you scan the pass.
Good question about where the picture would be. I immediately assumed on the past but that would mean having to go somewhere to get the pass issues with the picture. Be interesting to see how they do that with a multi-day pass.

SeaWorld next year plans to ditch its finger-scanning system and go to photo ID for multi-day tickets and annual passes.

I am all for this.

That's really great. I am totally for this, too. I've always had issues with biometric scans at theme parks, CLEAR at airports (when I used to have it), applying for jobs, etc. because I wash my hands so much.

I love that SeaWorld already can bypass the biometric scan. If you inform the TM at the turnstile, they can change something in the system so that you show your photo ID every time in place of the scan. Just do the initial set-up, and you're good for the rest of the visits on that pass. If you have Aquatica or other parks on that pass, you may have to repeat the process. I've been doing this for a few years now, and it totally saves time.

SeaWorld in the next 5 years needs to focus on attractions.
2017: -
2018: Flat rides, it needs more things to do than coasters
2019: New Wild Artic Film
2020: Family Coaster (Jet Ski)
2021: Flat Rides
Sounds like a plan. Since they are terrible at dark rides I hope they stick to outdoor rides. Theming those rides is something Sea World is excellent at.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Looks good. I don't like spinning rides but at least that one goes fairly slow.
Same here. I hope they would improve on the design a little bit for their flagship park. Maybe add some real water features.

They really need filler flat rides around the park. All the major parks have them, but they need to make sure that they theme them very well. Stuff like Twirl n' Hurl wouldn't fit in USF at all without the theming and the same goes for any flat rides at SWO.

They need to do more than fix the Wild Arctic film, they need to fix the motion base. It's wayyyyyyyyyyy too rough these days.

Reactions: Journey_On
Fun Fact: The Costuming Department sets up base in Bayside Stadium's backstage (or would it be called front stage?) area during Spooktacular.

Courtesy Orlando Sentinel.

I could see plans changing if they continue having all the problems with Sky Tower they've been having. It's been closed most of the year now.

I could imagine them swapping out one tower for another with a drop ride or a swing ride or something. They could go for a record easily...

Reactions: anihilnation