Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hurricane Matthew

Although Saying that, my sadistic side has always wanted to experience one, wrong I know but the curiosity has always intrigued me, so much so that part of me is still wishing I was there with you, chugging defiant hurricanes in the face of the storm.
Obviously no one want to see anyone get hurt or property damaged, but there is something exciting about seeing how powerful nature can be. Staying safe is most important but if your in a good place it's something that is interesting to experience.

I'm not looking forward to these next few days one bit. At least if it circles back around to us, it won't be as severe. Stay safe everyone.

We studied hurricanes heavily in Geography at school and it amazes me and I love learning about them. Always feel so sorry for anyone in their paths, especially when they get serious like this.

Stay safe everyone, hope it isn't too harsh on you.

Stay safe everyone, sending thoughts from the UK

Orlando could really do without another tragedy this year, fingers crossed it weakens again.

Another tip that I can offer that few think of: Heat and serve soups like Chunky or Progresso are safe, cold right out of the can. Note that none of them say boil the soup, just merely heat/warm it. No one at my Publix seemed to figure that out so I ate like a king while others roamed the supermarket like zombies. ;)

Yep, already stocked up on soup and Spaghetti O's. We also have a grill with a side burner that is only there for these situations. So we are all set.

Yep, already stocked up on soup and Spaghetti O's. We also have a grill with a side burner that is only there for these situations. So we are all set.

I remember a woman screaming at the Publix meat dept because she wanted to purchase Oscar Myer cold cuts that had been hanging there warm for over 24 hours. The answer was no.

I remember a woman screaming at the Publix meat dept because she wanted to purchase Oscar Myer cold cuts that had been hanging there warm for over 24 hours. The answer was no.

Wow, no way I would touch something that had been warm for over 24 hours, that is just crazy!!! There are so many other options like Tuna, canned Chicken, beans, Spam, etc. when it comes to meat over really rotten meat. lol

I've heard that both Disney and Universal try to make things as comfortable(and safe) as possible for the guests who find themselves stuck in their hotels during events like this (free movies on TV, characters and games in the lobbies, snacks, water, etc).

Has anybody here ever been one of those hotel guests?

Just seen this on reddit:

t6ma6nk.jpg

Stay safe everybody.