Hurricane Matthew | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Hurricane Matthew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Bravo to Universal Orlando for taking care of it's team members"

I have heard this over and over again... from higher level employees, and I have heard it since 2004. On the other hand, I have heard near slave trade issues with Disney. I wish a news org would do an expose on this, something like 60 Minutes.

Is Orlando getting rain bands yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Already tired of feeder bans, but we have been very fortunate thus far and it does look like we are south of the worse, but the bigger winds are just now picking up. Still have another 5 to 6 hours before we'll feel safer.

Hope everyone is prepared and all stay safe!

I am happy to have made it back to Orlando from New Jersey just before the storm really bares down on us. We lucked out that Wawa was still open on Central Florida Parkway when we got here at 7, so we gassed up both cars (just in case). Wawa was the ONLY thing still open at that time and it was jammed with tourists staying in the hotels stocking up on food and drinks.

So my sister evacuated from her dorm at Flagler and is currently in St. Cloud. Was a bit worried but it doesn't seem to be doing too much yet. Stay safe guys, and keep us updated - I figure she's in your area so you guys can tell me what's going on. Hope you all are okay!

I live in a 30 year old house made of concrete block and it's stood up to several hurricanes. We just replaced all the windows and doors in the last year with stronger, up to date windows designed to stand up to hurricanes. My only real fear is losing shingles off the roof, but even that was replaced after the hurricanes 10 years ago.

I'll be working in this tonight/tomorrow. Hope everyone stays safe.

Please stay safe. I did not go into work (3rd shift). I think the curfew was what got me to make my decision, though I still feel a little bad about it.

Everyone else in central FL and in the path of Matthew - please be safe.

When I worked for Darden a Tropical Storm came thru and they asked everyone to stay off the roads, but my options were to work or take paid time off. But I didn't have any days to use, so I had to go to work. It sucked and I eventually left that awful company. So it doesn't shock me that Disney is doing that, seems to be some companies are just not nice to their employees.

Tomorrow if I lose power I will take a day off paid and it won't come off my vacation. I am the only one from my company who works in the path of the Hurricane. So nice working for a nice company that actually cares about their employees instead of some southern company that doesn't seem to care.

Here in Orange Co., according to the 6:30p update, tropical force winds start at 11p. Hurricane force winds start at 5am and continue until 2a Sat. morning. 10-15 inches of rain.

Yeah, that is a call Mommy situation for me... the duration. Sadly, that is no longer possible, so I would lean on friends like an anvil.