Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hurricane Matthew

I am in East Orlando so the closest to the storm and we are fine. Some power flickers, but no lose of power, internet, or cable. No damage. The winds are strongest when there is no rain, the kids and dog was playing outside in the wind and having a blast. But we are in a new construction area.

Of course, they have less to review for safety. Universal has to completely restore the signs, booths and lighting for HHN. I assume Disney a bit of the same.
I think the bigger issue for Disney and Universal is getting the staff in to operate. Once people are told they have the day off its not that easy to get them to then come back in. I would imagine both parks started cleaning and fixing everything up early this morning and are likely done or very close by now to getting everything back in order.

With nothing else open, they should be jumpin' tonight!

Disney Springs reopens at 5 tonight, and they are restoring resort bus service now.
Don't expect a full reopening at Disney Springs. With so many operating participants and so many hours cut, it's mostly just people coming in to help get ready for Tomorrow. I have 2 jobs at the Springs and both are doing this.

I think the bigger issue for Disney and Universal is getting the staff in to operate. Once people are told they have the day off its not that easy to get them to then come back in. I would imagine both parks started cleaning and fixing everything up early this morning and are likely done or very close by now to getting everything back in order.

The winds are still pretty high in some areas, I imagine Universal was not putting back up HHN stuff this morning with the risk of high winds still there. I imagine they may have started this afternoon and would not be ready to open until tomorrow.

The winds are still pretty high in some areas, I imagine Universal was not putting back up HHN stuff this morning with the risk of high winds still there. I imagine they may have started this afternoon and would not be ready to open until tomorrow.
It was a little gusty this morning, but from my experience with Disney in 2004 they typically went out and started putting everything back together once it got below 30mph winds. In the case of HHN they obviously have a lot more work to do. With the luxury of a lot of time to get it done, I would guess they would probably prioritize things so that they can put stuff back up that's less of an issue first.

Lost power from 3am-2pm. We have a big mimosa tree in the backyard the entire top of the tree split and crashed down in the backyard (scared the heck out of us). So far that seems to be it...

Very glad Orlando made it through with so little damage. Unfortunately scrolling through my Facebook feed, St Augustine wasn't as lucky. I am depressed seeing these historic buildings in such bad shape. Hoping my sisters school Flagler made it through okay.

Glad to hear it's not as bad as originally feared. Hope those without power get it back quickly. Was without power for a week during Sandy, not a fun experience!