Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 222 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?! I don't think so. Definitely steps up the game when it comes to staff being "in-theme". Assuming it's true.

I honestly believe this will be like how the CMs in Africa know Swahili "hello" and "goodbye". How many minimum wage CP CMs will be "fluent" in a langauge barely in the film and care to speak it? If you're going to be fluent in a language for a theme park job why not learn an ACTUAL language and get paid more to work as a translator or bilingual?

I agree with Brian, there's authenticity like you're there and then there is trying way too hard.

I honestly believe this will be like how the CMs in Africa know Swahili "hello" and "goodbye". How many minimum wage CP CMs will be "fluent" in a langauge barely in the film and care to speak it? If you're going to be fluent in a language for a theme park job why not learn an ACTUAL language and get paid more to work as a translator or bilingual?

I agree with Brian, there's authenticity like you're there and then there is trying way too hard.

I agree, I think it will be key phrases that they will need to know. Maybe 5 or 10 different things they will need to know to work in the land. But no way will they know they entire language.

Reactions: DoubleJ
was the word fluent in the article?
My mistake, "fluent" isn't in the article. Disney's words in the qualifications were:
“Ability to understand, articulate and teach Na’vi and Pandora culture and its connection to the Disney’s Animal Kingdom brand”

“Willingness to learn a new language: learnnavi.org

“Inspire, educate and hold Leaders and Cast accountable to be an active participant in an immersive experience”

“Develop and deliver a plan to premier Pandora: The World of Avatar as the most immersive experience ever accomplished”

I expect James Cameron to go around the park and demand perfect Na'vi from every cast member. Anything less than perfection gets them fired.

But seriously, other than a few words, this does seem kinda dumb. You already tossed out authenticity when this planet isn't toxic to humans, why keep the Na'vi?

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I expect James Cameron to go around the park and demand perfect Na'vi from every cast member. Anything less than perfection gets them fired.

But seriously, other than a few words, this does seem kinda dumb. You already tossed out authenticity when this planet isn't toxic to humans, why keep the Na'vi?

You haven't seen the specialty mouse ears/gas masks that you have to buy to enter the land.

Reactions: DK745 and DoubleJ
I honestly believe this will be like how the CMs in Africa know Swahili "hello" and "goodbye".
I agree.

Around DAK, there are a lot of CMs that teach you different words or phrases in different languages. I highly doubt the whole "fluent" part is actually true.

Welll at least Disney will find out if their floating mountains can withstand storms this weekend before opening....I know its negative but thats been my biggest concern with floating mountains is what can it withstand while keeping the guests safe.

Welll at least Disney will find out if their floating mountains can withstand storms this weekend before opening....I know its negative but thats been my biggest concern with floating mountains is what can it withstand while keeping the guests safe.
Very true. I wonder what happens.

They are not floating. It looks like a one gigantic rock arch. Sure there are rocks on sticks in the distance but the main feature is an arch. Lets stop calling it a floating mountain because its not.

Status
Not open for further replies.