Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

You liked it then? :lol:

Glad you made it home safe though. :cheers:
Yes, I think I did. :) Actually I loved it, more so with every repeat ride. Kind of like Gringotts. It's a repeatability attraction for sure. But I'll say lots more when I get more time. I wanted to hit 30 and could have if the storm didn't hit, but 20 gave me enough to do the Tony Baxter test. The first six were in standby when I stayed at Sapphire. The next 14 were Express lines with my Portofino Express Pass.

I think you may have run into interstates that were changed to one way only for evacuation purposes. I know Georgia does tha with some of their roads. All lanes go to safety.

Glad you made it safe and sound!
Thanks for the kind words....Corrected that to 77 North. We were able to get on it near the North Carolina border but they had it shut down going north from Columbia. That I didn't understand since it was leaving the area, not moving people into it. . They wanted people to evacuate the coast & go inland but they didn't give you a way to do it.

Yes, I think I did. :) Actually I loved it, more so with every repeat ride. Kind of like Gringotts. It's a repeatability attraction for sure. But I'll say lots more when I get more time. I wanted to hit 30 and could have if the storm didn't hit, but 20 gave me enough to do the Tony Baxter test. The first six were in standby when I stayed at Sapphire. The next 14 were Express lines with my Portofino Express Pass.
Were you riding it early last Sunday? If you were I was there too.

Btw Matthew is apparently right next to me and nothing's going on. All that preparation for nothing :bored:

Were you riding it early last Sunday? If you were I was there too.

Btw Matthew is apparently right next to me and nothing's going on. All that preparation for nothing :bored:
No, we hit it later in the day towards the evening. We did the pool earlier in the day. Then we hit HHN around 8:30. When we rode it Sunday they only had two cars running when we were there and so it was inside only. So we only rode it once since I "greatly" prefer it with the outside portion. It makes such a big difference with the ride.

You mean, they are trying to shorten the ride time just because they have two trucks running? Or was it raining out? Were there any breakdowns?
The attendant, who noticed I was wearing an Orlando United shirt, says he reads, but does not post on the website. He told me if they are only running two vehicles, for whatever the reason (not weather issues), they will only run the indoor portion since they can have better capacity that way, since two vehicles will have a longer gap time to load if they had to run them outdoors. Three and four vehicles running always include the outdoor portion he said (excluding weather related issues). He said they cannot and have not ever run five vehicles. So,he said, to say it simply; Two vehicles running are always indoor only. Three and four vehicles running are outdoor included always. Excluding weather issues, of course. ...Of my 20 rides, eight were indoors only. And only two of those were because of weather. In my opinion, the ride really needs the outdoor portion and is significantly greater when it's running outdoors......I had another nice attendant who noticed my OU shirt, said he reads OU, and gave me a re ride. That was cool because I was at Sapphire then and didn't have Express.

You mean, they are trying to shorten the ride time just because they have two trucks running? Or was it raining out? Were there any breakdowns?
20 rides. Only one small issue on one ride. The screen bled over from the vehicle show behind us on onto the blank wall before you get to Kong just as the vehicle was entering the Kong AA area. . I was in the last row and I'm not sure anyone else was able to see it. When I turned to look back I saw the vehicle behind us and was amazed how short that 360 room is. No one else said anything, so I don't know if anyone else could see the bled image. I told the attendant, who said she hadn't heard of that problem before, she then notified someone, and she gave me a re ride. The re ride was perfect. The motion base worked perfectly on all twenty rides. Absolutely no other issues except for the one I mentioned.

20 rides. Only one small issue on one ride. The screen bled over from the vehicle show behind us on onto the blank wall before you get to Kong just as the vehicle was entering the Kong AA area. . I was in the last row and I'm not sure anyone else was able to see it. When I turned to look back I saw the vehicle behind us and was amazed how short that 360 room is. No one else said anything, so I don't know if anyone else could see the bled image. I told the attendant, who said she hadn't heard of that problem before, she then notified someone, and she gave me a re ride. The re ride was perfect. The motion base worked perfectly on all twenty rides. Absolutely no other issues except for the one I mentioned.
I didn't think the next vehicle could come in until the other vehicle had exited the 360 room (doors at both ends). Everytime i've ridden it the screen resets once the truck is by Kong and the doors slide close almost instantly when the screen reset. Hmmm

I didn't think the next vehicle could come in until the other vehicle had exited the 360 room (doors at both ends). Everytime i've ridden it the screen resets once the truck is by Kong and the doors slide close almost instantly when the screen reset. Hmmm
The attendant hadn't heard of that problem before, and I don't remember reading about it here. It was really eye popping to see that vehicle behind us, plus the bled scenes running on the blank wall. If I wasn't in the last seat, I probably couldn't have seen it. I was so glad I turned around completely to see the why of that bled scene. But we were past the 360 screen, and turning the corner in the blank side wall area when I saw it.

This happened to me on the first ride...The doors were open in the 360 room, the ride stopped in front of Kong, and you could clearly see the 360 room was open...Very interesting behind the scenes look

Yet to ride so I'll make my own judgment next summer,

But I know 4 different families who have come back to the UK this year, and "disappointing" is the main word I've heard used to describe this ride. Not one has actually thought this ride lived up to expectation.

In a completely random tidbit of information, DHS still holds up pretty well for one time guests. Many saying it's their favourite Disney Park.

In a completely random tidbit of information, DHS still holds up pretty well for one time guests. Many saying it's their favourite Disney Park.

I mean.. say what you want but it's got 4 of the most fun rides on property with TOT, RNRC, ST2, and TSM. Plus some decent filler and isn't Fantasmic rated the best nighttime show on property too?

I mean.. say what you want but it's got 4 of the most fun rides on property with TOT, RNRC, ST2, and TSM. Plus some decent filler and isn't Fantasmic rated the best nighttime show on property too?

When we went the nightlighy fireworks (Star Wars weekends) followed by ToT in the dark then Fantasmic made this park one of the unexpected highlights of our trip, despite its problems. Maybe following the parks like we do can offer a negative slant on things at times because we're closer to it.

I was able to ride Kong on my trip last weekend. It is a great ride with lots of extras. We went through the regular queue for an hour and it seemed like 30 mins top because of all the theming. Is it as advanced as Spiderman or Forbidden Journey, no. But it is a great addition and allows for an entire family to ride (even grandparents). I think Universal got exactly what they wanted. Overall I give it an A (I wish the Kong AA moved a little more).

When we went the nightlighy fireworks (Star Wars weekends) followed by ToT in the dark then Fantasmic made this park one of the unexpected highlights of our trip, despite its problems. Maybe following the parks like we do can offer a negative slant on things at times because we're closer to it.

This perfectly sums up my thoughts on Disney this summer. I was so close to not going but then decided there would be too much of a void to not go and having poor expectations going in, I was pleasantly surprised. Having great expectations for Universal had the same but opposite effect.

I rode Kong 3 times during my trip. First one we didn't go outside to begin which was unfortunate. Second time was fantastic, went outside, everything worked, sat outside row of the truck.

3rd time...brought my dad and brother, their first and only time....during the "Trex on both sides" scene, the truck did not move at all once parked. The 3D worked okay, and they didn't even know what they were missing, but I was disappointed they didn't experience it at full go.

All in all, kong and Gringotts were fun, the line and theming are great. BUT both fell short of my expectations. To be honest, and it's a dead horse I know, but the screens are old to me. I just don't enjoy it as much.

Mummy was still my favorite ride. I can ride that baby over and over, it's fantastic!

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but is there a single rider line for Skull Island? From what I've been able to find it was there to start with but no longer?

Past two times I went they said they didn't have a single rider line but the app still says it has one. Perhaps you should call customer service and ask if there are conditions for them opening/closing the single rider line.

Didn't see a single rider line for the 12 days I was there. Express only....At the end of the Express line, if it was 5 minutes or longer, they would play a long tape of radio communications between the expedition members, that basically described the background story. You were also right next to the Witch scene, so I would stop & watch that whole scene until it culminated in the effects & Kong, Kong, Kong chants. Best of all worlds, speed of Express, greatest pre show ever(as many times you wanted to watch), and the expedition storyline (as long as there was a short Express line).