Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I took note of the tips on keeping my head back. But the ride still banged my head from side to side throughout sections of the ride. I liked the queue sets, and fortunately I had Express. But, unfortunately, the queue was like a WWII prisoner hot box torture. I pitied the poor souls in the stand by line. You have to credit Comcast for spending the money to upgrade an attraction that was probably facing structural support problems in the future, but B&M did them no favors in redesigning the update. They kind of let Universal down. Not something I'd consider riding on every vacation due to the headbanging (I sat in a middle area).

Did they redesign it? I thought it felt like it was the exact same layout or is that your point? :look:

Did they redesign it? I thought it felt like it was the exact same layout or is that your point? :look:
Yeah, that was kind of my point, though I believe there was a minor approach degree alteration on the back end portion. It should have been smoother. I'm no tech, but that should have been something that should have happened.....I had some posts on this thread in May, after my visit, where a couple of insiders had told me there were issues on the back end of the coaster & they were issues B&M needed to deal with, not Universal. From the feel of the ride, it seems like B&M had issues everywhere. It's a shame Comcast/Universal had to spend so much money & get so little in return.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W.
Yeah, that was kind of my point, though I believe there was a minor approach degree alteration on the back end portion. It should have been smoother. I'm no tech, but that should have been something that should have happened.

It's a completely unique position for them to be in, you can run simulations all day but until you're physically on a ride, you can't be 100% how it will feel. For them to have 16 years to identify every flaw in the ride and then not fix them feels like a giant missed opportunity.

Better ride overall, not the drastic improvement I was hoping for. Smother (slightly), on board audio, non litigious queue, new lockers, and better operations layout.

Reactions: awhen
Rode again on Sunday and noticed the outdoor queue music for the first time. It's fantastic, and probably even more adrenaline-pumping than the old queue soundtrack, but you'll never hear it unless the line is severely backed up. Another kinda weird design choice.

We got to ride Hulk this weekend for the first time since the refurb. I agree with others that it wasn't a drastic change.

We've never done the Standby line, so I'm not sure I would have even noticed a great difference if I didn't know about it before hand. I would have noticed that the old CRT TVs had been replaced and assumed there was a new coat of paint, but wouldn't have noticed the story changed - the stories tend to be lost on me anyway.

The ride felt both smoother and rougher, if that makes sense. I don't remember having to press my head back so hard on the old track.

We didn't really hear the music on our first run, but did on the second. Didn't make the ride any better or worse, IMO.

We really missed the track roar of the old design.

The lockers were chaotic. I'm glad they added small lockers, but the ratio of big lockers to small lockers is way off. I carry a big pack and it was hard finding an available large locker.

Even when someone checked out of their locker, it took a few minutes for that locker to reset to show available. The locker attendant had a line of people following her around looking for help.

I thought scanning the park tickets, instead of a finger print scan, would be a lot better - I'm not sure that it was. Most had to dig in their pockets to find their crumpled up tickets.

The thing I found odd is the audio is down near your knees. I would've thought it would've been a lot more effective if they put it by your ears. The audio is pretty hard to make out throughout the ride.

Many have mentioned the lack of air conditioning. At MK the Seven Dwarves Mine Train has AC as you get close to the loading area. Rode it a few weeks ago. AC felt good after the humidity from the rain, but as soon as the train left the loading area my glasses started to fog up. The entire ride was fogged over for me. The Hulk building could use better ventilation but I am glad it does not have AC.

Seems a kind of random addition? I don't know, it's kind of 'this looks cool' but for no particular reason.

Those sequenced light rings though... :hail:

MSHI is now in full Christmas mode, I can't tell if this is related or a new permanent fixture.

grinchfabulous.gif

Reactions: Scott W.
So, the ride did toss me around a bit, but there wasn't any real pain. The queue looks better than the previous version (even without a real story to guide us), the new Hulk cars are gorgeous, the launch tube is pretty dope, and the on-board soundtrack is great (I could easily hear it the whole time, and felt it helped add to the ride). Overall, I'd actually say I prefer this version to what was there before.

The queue looks better than the previous version (even without a real story to guide us), the new Hulk cars are gorgeous
Both of these things are pure aesthetic upgrades imo. Do the Ride Vehicles and the queue look more modern/sleek? Yeah, but the entire attraction was stuck in the 90's aesthetically. However, what we gained aesthetically, we lost in story. I get that it's a coaster so a story isn't needed to enjoy it, but it'd sure be nice in order to make the attraction feel more complete.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT