Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 188 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey guys! :) Long time lurker here and I have some questions about HHN. Feel free to move this if there's a better thread for it.

So I'll be going to HHN on thursday, october 27th. One night, no express pass or anything (I'm going with a large group of friends that live in orlando, and I coudn't convince them to pay more for express). The thing is, I'll literally be flying into orlando on that same day. If there's no flight delays, I should be at Universal at around 5:30. But assuming there may be a slight delay, I may be a little "late" to the event, meaning I won't be right at the gates when they open.

If I arrive at Universal after gate opening, say 7:00-7:30, will I be completely screwed as far as wait times go? I'm asking because I went to HHN25 last year and we were first at the gates when they opened, we banged off 2 houses before the rest of the herd even got into the park and past the first scarezone. I may not get that head start this year.

Also, what are my chances of doing AHS? I really want to do it, obviously, but from what I'm hearing we're getting 100-160 minute waits every night, which I'm not doing. At around what time in the evening do wait times drop for AHS, IF they even do drop? And assuming I do make the gate-opining, is it best to run to AHS right at opening time, or will it already be full of stay-and-scream people?

I know I'm probably overthinking it all, but like I said, it's one night only, no express, and I'm literally flying to Orlando JUST for this event. Any other advice to make the most of my night would be appreciated!

I'd seriously consider hanging with your friends, seeing what you can, then grabbing an after 10 Express Pass and abandoning them. About the only way you'll see AHS without sacrificing most other houses. That late in the event, it will be packed. After 1:00 can probably hit a couple--Ghost Town certainly, or the back houses--even if you don't have Express, so save those if you must.

I'd seriously consider hanging with your friends, seeing what you can, then grabbing an after 10 Express Pass and abandoning them. About the only way you'll see AHS without sacrificing most other houses. That late in the event, it will be packed. After 1:00 can probably hit a couple--Ghost Town certainly, or the back houses--even if you don't have Express, so save those if you must.

Thanks for the reply! But what's an after 10 express pass? Is it cheaper if you buy express later on in the evening or something? All I see online is the normal express pass.

Thanks for the reply! But what's an after 10 express pass? Is it cheaper if you buy express later on in the evening or something? All I see online is the normal express pass.

On most nights they drop (usually to half the full price for that night) the price of the express pass after 10 or 11pm to get rid of the passes that have not sold. You would have to buy it in the park, and unfortunately there isn't a solid guarantee of exactly when they will drop the price, so if you start asking around at 10 it would be your best bet.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Thank you guys so much for the info! :D
This honestly changes everything! I couldn't convince my friends to pay 120$ for express but 60$ after 10, they'll do! So odd that they don't advertise this option online.

Thank you guys so much for the info! :D
This honestly changes everything! I couldn't convince my friends to pay 120$ for express but 60$ after 10, they'll do! So odd that they don't advertise this option online.

Assuming you are able to get the pass do what houses you would want to do twice early provided its a wait you would be willing to do and see the shows and scare zones. Then once the pass is active you can go ham on the houses. Have fun!

Thanks, I'll go try and pick up one of these passes as soon as possible! And where in the park are these booths for express?

Does anyone know where (and if) they have any photo connect photographers set up? Last year they had one in Psychoscarapy.

How bad should Sunday be then? Weekend is only time I can go due to work and I'll be 100% getting express and using stay and scream.

Orlandoinformer.com posted an article predicting that Universal extends Horror Nights through November 4th and 5th based on adjustments to the daytime park hours and other factors.

I'll be blunt and say I heard the same thing last year for HHN and it didn't happen. Could it happen? Of course.

If they did decide to extend the event, I imagine it would have more to do with sales than with Hurricane Matthew. They've already done a fair bit to make up for the lost days, and if it is true that they paid team members even though the park was closed it wouldn't be cost effective to just add event nights without solid evidence it would pay off. Also, wouldn't they cut into the prep time for the holidays if they extend HHN into that weekend?

Not saying it won't happen, its anyone's guess right now. I'm just skeptical that the changes in hours aren't just the result of private events.

Last edited: