Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of roaming hordes, are the cheerleader chainsaw ladies made up of active backup/fire crew? I ask because while I have made several visits to take photos I keep seeing new cheerleaders (I've only seen one consistently). I thought it might be a cast A/cast B issue but I've stayed around long enough to watch both (including the cast change).
While I can't say for sure, I'd guess that it's MOSTLY comprised of Active Backup and Fire Crew. I'm just basing this off previous experience with the event.

Speaking of roaming hordes, are the cheerleader chainsaw ladies made up of active backup/fire crew? I ask because while I have made several visits to take photos I keep seeing new cheerleaders (I've only seen one consistently). I thought it might be a cast A/cast B issue but I've stayed around long enough to watch both (including the cast change).

While I can't say for sure, I'd guess that it's MOSTLY comprised of Active Backup and Fire Crew. I'm just basing this off previous experience with the event.

IDK, but I have seen a lot the same of them so.

They are as a matter of fact.

Another love it/hate it thing. Pretty evenly split between the two, not hearing a lot of middle ground opinions.
What's really strange to me are the people who's opinion of this changed after seeing it. I could tell it wasn't my thing, but after the initial reviews was prepared to be surprised. To me this was honestly less impressive in person than my expectations from their videos of other performances. I'm just not seeing whatever it is that's making this so amazing for some.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm in the camp of not expecting much, and then being blown away.

The first thing I was surprised with was that it had a fairly cohesive storyline. I definitely didn't expect that out of a dance troupe.

The second thing that really made me love it was that it turned out to be more of a variety show rather than just dance numbers. Between the shadow play and the one dude that could do everything (unicycle, play drums, nunchucks, etc), there was a lot to watch at any given point.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd be fine if they did a few return appearances, just not with the same show.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Spent three nights (Thur, Fri, Sun) at the event and enjoyed it immensely. More thoughts in the other threads including ratings, general thoughts is that I didn't run into any issues with ops outside of some S&S issues on Friday, one instance of pushy ops in a house (forget which one), and very poor management in H2 of a cast switch.

I'm in the camp of not expecting much, and then being blown away.

The first thing I was surprised with was that it had a fairly cohesive storyline. I definitely didn't expect that out of a dance troupe.

The second thing that really made me love it was that it turned out to be more of a variety show rather than just dance numbers. Between the shadow play and the one dude that could do everything (unicycle, play drums, nunchucks, etc), there was a lot to watch at any given point.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd be fine if they did a few return appearances, just not with the same show.

I started not being happy about the choice of show and the video was just okay for me,

But Now Academy of Villains is the best non HHN related show they have ever had at the event. I like it even more than Rocky Horror and im a big fan of the Rocky horror show at HHN.
I think AoV might be my favorite show at a park in general. I don't know why but I just love watching it now. I try to see it at least once per night now. I love the music changes, I love the footage in the screen (makes me laugh) I love the shadow section, Everything is really cool. I would be happy if they come back with a different story next year. Im kinda hoping they bring them back.
I think watching it with a crowd and being in the moment makes a difference.

Reactions: Joel
I started not being happy about the choice of show and the video was just okay for me,

But Now Academy of Villains is the best non HHN related show they have ever had at the event. I like it even more than Rocky Horror and im a big fan of the Rocky horror show at HHN.
I think AoV might be my favorite show at a park in general. I don't know why but I just love watching it now. I try to see it at least once per night now. I love the music changes, I love the footage in the screen (makes me laugh) I love the shadow section, Everything is really cool. I would be happy if they come back with a different story next year. Im kinda hoping they bring them back.
I think watching it with a crowd and being in the moment makes a difference.

Agreement on all levels.

Do I buy a rip tour for Sunday or just an express? Will do stay and scream so will have no issue with getting all houses done with express, but never done a tour.

a rip tour will cost you around 200 plus a ticket cost but you wont wait at all.The express for sundays are usually around 100 but you could wait up to 30 min.So its up to u.Also if you do stay and scream every one runs straight for american horror story.

a rip tour will cost you around 200 plus a ticket cost but you wont wait at all.The express for sundays are usually around 100 but you could wait up to 30 min.So its up to u.Also if you do stay and scream every one runs straight for american horror story.
Yeah we usually just do express every year, but Sunday seems to be a lot busier than it was before.

hey guys!
So the universal app is saying that AHS has a 5 minute wait at 6:54pm...which I find very hard to believe. I guess the app is slow to update :/
My question is, once the gates open, how long is the AHS line usually? Assuming there's only stay-and-scream people in line right when the gates open...

hey guys!
So the universal app is saying that AHS has a 5 minute wait at 6:54pm...which I find very hard to believe. I guess the app is slow to update :/
My question is, once the gates open, how long is the AHS line usually? Assuming there's only stay-and-scream people in line right when the gates open...

There is no way on the above. My friend in Hello Kitty said there were literally 1000s, while the line for main entry stretched back to the arch. I rarely bother to look, but I assume their default for opening is probably 90. If you don't want to spend 2+ hours on this house, Stay & Scream or Express the only options.

Obviously another packed night last night. Crowd at open were all clinging to printed pages and $55 Publix tickets, didn't see a lot of regulars throughout the night. And, per usual, another opening-like wave started around 8:05.

Insider friend basically uh-huhed the "food tents weren't making their numbers so why put them back up after Matthew" theory. HHN guests seem remarkably price-sensitive on everything but booze. Note the crack-down on GACs after the bump in Express costs for multi-day tickets. It makes me curious what a real price hike to RoF and FF might do to crowds.

Insider friend basically uh-huhed the "food tents weren't making their numbers so why put them back up after Matthew" theory.
I saw yesterday that many off the food cart signs are now available at the prop shop. I figured this meant they probably weren't coming back.
HHN guests seem remarkably price-sensitive on everything but booze. Note the crack-down on GACs after the bump in Express costs for multi-day tickets. It makes me curious what a real price hike to RoF and FF might do to crowds.
I don't know that you can attribute the crack down on GAC to express pass prices. With the exception of FFP's the express prices didn't really go up that much (basically an extra $30 increase compared to a roughly $20 increase the year prior).

Team member said they might extent for two more days.
I think every day that goes by this gets less likely. Although It's strange I've heard such a mix of information. I know some TM's who are under the impression this is definitely happening, while others have indicated they're trying to get enough staff to extend.

I think every day that goes by this gets less likely. Although It's strange I've heard such a mix of information. I know some TM's who are under the impression this is definitely happening, while others have indicated they're trying to get enough staff to extend.
Odd thing is the team member (at Ghost Town) just said this out of the blue, was not even asking. She also said it was because two days were lost because of Matthew.

There is no way on the above. My friend in Hello Kitty said there were literally 1000s, while the line for main entry stretched back to the arch. I rarely bother to look, but I assume their default for opening is probably 90. If you don't want to spend 2+ hours on this house, Stay & Scream or Express the only options.

Obviously another packed night last night. Crowd at open were all clinging to printed pages and $55 Publix tickets, didn't see a lot of regulars throughout the night. And, per usual, another opening-like wave started around 8:05.

Insider friend basically uh-huhed the "food tents weren't making their numbers so why put them back up after Matthew" theory. HHN guests seem remarkably price-sensitive on everything but booze. Note the crack-down on GACs after the bump in Express costs for multi-day tickets. It makes me curious what a real price hike to RoF and FF might do to crowds.

I saw yesterday that many off the food cart signs are now available at the prop shop. I figured this meant they probably weren't coming back.

I don't know that you can attribute the crack down on GAC to express pass prices. With the exception of FFP's the express prices didn't really go up that much (basically an extra $30 increase compared to a roughly $20 increase the year prior).

Remind me what GAC is please? Is it something to do with handicap people?