Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking at the comments on the wait, we are planning on going tomorrow night so we don't miss any of the private event in UO on Wednesday.

can't keep my family away from this place! went to IOA one morning then headed over here. Seems the easiest way to get in might be that they start taken names at 10:45 for the 11 seating. Meant to do brunch, but I just had to try the pork chop:

29980352302_6175aef182_c.jpg

Dang SCREENZ invading restaurants ;-) but how else would the factory have these cool gadgets making chocolate?

30094632165_acee06ec28_c.jpg

29799971990_6a2aa3469a_c.jpg

what was cool (to me) is that the celling in the videos matches the celling in the restaurant:

29800120710_168e46b352_c.jpg

I know someone mentioned they had the Salmon and it wasn't that good, but I tried it anyway. I do not know if something changed, but I thought it was the best Salmon I've had on property:

29900298532_378c7d6324_c.jpg

a couple of other pics from here:

29387450593_b8c3d03706_c.jpg

29719925220_ac4434fddc_c.jpg

29720005450_397563e4e1_c.jpg

I had the salmon and found it just okay. But I do want to say that mine looked nothing like that. I'm highly jealous of yours.

Went Saturday night (October 1). Arrived at 3:45pm to an 80 minute wait for dinner (before the rain hit). Ended up being 135 minutes and the manager was apologetic and offered us free appetizers which we swapped out for free milkshakes. The stairs were closed inside because one of the light fixtures was dripping water. As we left (this was during the heavy storms on Saturday), additional leaks popped up near the 2nd floor elevator landing.

Wait staff very nice and professional and went over each page of the menu and then asked if we were ready to order. After waiting for two hours plus, we said we were not going to be rushed. Second floor is less chaotic than first floor. Had the pasta carbonara which was ok and washed it down with a bacon brittle milkshake, which was very good.

It seemed that with the amount of time it takes to get your milkshake, table turnover is slower than normal and wait times are not being adjusted.

It was nice, the atmosphere is amazing, music fantastic - maybe my hopes were more than what they could deliver. I'll go back but will try to not hit at a busy time.

We had lunch there yesterday before HHN. The food ... awesome. I had the Key Lime milkshake, then Quiche Lorraine with Cheddar & Broccoli soup, and for desert, the Chocolate Creme Brûlée. My friends has hamburgers and chicken but when they brought out the sundaes I thought they were gonna choke. They were MASSIVE. Only complain was between dinner and dessert the service was so long we finally asked a supervisor if there had been a shift change and we'd been forgotten (We hadn't seen out waitress for 20 odd minutes). Turned out they were backed up in the kitchen making the sundaes (the waitress said she had to make them. Really??). We also got to meet Penelope (great character, and the cast member was superb) and the robot (ditto)

Reactions: Mike S
Generally servers have to make the desserts in restaurants. If everyone is making them at the same time it can get very chaotic. I used to wait tables at a Chi Chi's and making fried ice cream always was a pain in the ass, but everyone wanted it...

I never knew that. But i had assumed since they had a standalone place for shakes and sundaes they had a staff that prepared them

Quick takes on my visit.

Loved the atmosphere, especially the music. Would love to see a play list. Robot was neat, though hard to hear over the noise of the restaurant.

Was not impressed by the food or portions.

There was one very minor things that bugged me. If you are going to dress in steampunk garb, do not wear wrist watches. They should have all been carrying pocket watches.

I took a walk around before I left. I ate downstairs but I think the upstairs is more interesting.

Quick takes on my visit.

Loved the atmosphere, especially the music. Would love to see a play list. Robot was neat, though hard to hear over the noise of the restaurant.

Was not impressed by the food or portions.

There was one very minor things that bugged me. If you are going to dress in steampunk garb, do not wear wrist watches. They should have all been carrying pocket watches.

I took a walk around before I left. I ate downstairs but I think the upstairs is more interesting.

I think this is a fair review. I think the food will be hit or miss with people but regardless of your food preference, it is a huge draw to everybody visiting.

We really enjoyed this place. We ended up eating here twice during our stay a couple of weeks ago. We went up and ate at the bar on both occasions without any wait.

Pork Belly Sliders

BBQ Chicken Flatbread

Roasted Brussell Sprouts

Croque Monsier - one of the single best sandwiches I've ever eaten - highly recommended!

Quiche with fruit and French onion soup

Last edited:
Friends and I got the chance to try out Toothsome's during our most recent visit! We had tried to go several times earlier in the week but always found long waits. We ended up going on our last day and headed there early to make sure we got a spot. Luckily there were a few tables available on the lower level as it seems Universal execs took over most of the upper floor. I can only speak for myself as far as food goes but I thought the Southern Fried Chicken BLT sandwich was delicious! Of course we had to try the milkshakes and they were wonderful! I must say that you'll have to be really hungry if you plan on eating an entree and then a milkshake. My boyfriend and I shared a brownie milkshake and still only finished about half of it. Here are some pics!

Chocolate Heaven. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

Pipe Panache. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

Macaroons. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

Fluffy. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

Chocolate Bread. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

BLT. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

Egg. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

Quiche. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

Shake Shake Shake. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

Stopped in on two different visits earlier this month. While I enjoyed it and will stop in again, it needs some polish.

Random comments:

Sundae counter visit: Got the salted caramel flan sundae and it looked great. Unsure if the whipped topping is real whipped cream, I'll have to get another sundae sometime and really pay attention to that. It's a miss if it's non-dairy though. The flan that was at the bottom was terrible. Flan should be creamy and this was decidedly thick and gummy, as if it were overcooked and/or from low-quality mix rather than properly prepared from scratch.

Dining room visit: They forgot an appetizer item (which they comped after I asked about its status when entrees were served). A bit of a wait for the entrees but not terrible. Gnocchi had good flavor but I think the sauce may contain nuts - does anybody know? The menu didn't mention it but I think I detected it. Wait for our desserts was easily 20+ minutes after the entree dishes were cleared and dessert order taken. Bread pudding was good, if heavy, but that's par for the course. We spent about 90 minutes from start to finish. I hope that in time they streamline things (perhaps starting with the menu) to shorten this, since it will make for a better experience as well as shorter waits for tables. Fortunately our wait for a table was only about 5 minutes at around 1:30pm on an HHN Thursday.

Hope Penelope has really whipped things into shape by the next time I stop in!