Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a lot of new information but some great visuals (Some similar to Avatar) I'll post my full impression when I get home from work.

I'm assuming from the description that you select on the wristband when you would like to begin virtually waiting in line. If that's the case this sounds like Magic Bands done right. It still maintains the spontaneity but allows you to reserve ride times and not wait.

TapuTapu Wearable

One of the main goals for Universal’s Volcano Bay was to eliminate long lines and hassles so you can focus more on having fun. And with the TapuTapu wearable, you’ll be able to do just that.

When you arrive to the park, you’ll receive a TapuTapu wearable (at no extra charge) that will allow you to do the following with a simple tap:

• Virtual Lines
You will be able to virtually wait in line while you play in other areas of the park. The wearable will alert you when it’s time for you to ride so you can head to the attraction.

• Tap to Play
Volcano Bay features various “tap-to-play” experiences– all designed exclusively by Universal’s award-winning creative team. With just a tap of TapuTapu, you’ll be able to trigger special effects throughout the park. You can control streams of water spurting from whales in Tot Tiki Reef, shoot water cannons at other guests snaking down Kopiko Wai Winding River and illuminate images in the volcano’s hidden caves.

I think we are seeing the beginning of how Magic Bands should have worked. Universal has found a cheaper, more efficient, and way less complicated way of doing queue-less attractions and I think it's going to be a hit. And if it's adopted resort wide it would, in my opinion, make it a much better hassle free vacation than Disney.

That night concept of the volcano is great, and I'm sure it'll look just like that in reality too! The interactive features is cool too especially the look of the lazy river caves!

With the virtual queueing, I'm guessing there'll either be points for you to tap and queue for a ride or a station at each ride for you to go tap on then be told when to come back.

Reactions: neoshinok
Looks great, some of that fauna and lighting looks like it could give avatar a run for its money.

Q less system is neat and the overall look and feel is amazing, still notit buying the ""themepark" marketing though lol.

Tickets soon to be on sale, does this indicate we will get an opening date soon?

Last edited:
With the virtual queueing, I'm guessing there'll either be points for you to tap and queue for a ride or a station at each ride for you to go tap on then be told when to come back.

I think you're pretty close. :) When it was tested at WnW, there were kiosks set up at each ride where you could tap your band, and it would tell you when to return.

There were also a few small screens in the park (near the sandy reserved seating area and the wave pool) where you could tap your band, and it would let you know when your return time was for whatever ride you were waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.