Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Best response
raw

There is definitely the feeling they wanted to emphasize that this is going to bring out a physical environment of what's on the screens. They were excited to show off, and this will help with the 'screenz' image...

Nice.

Of course we were gonna get Nintendo, as well as Japan, but Hollywood too? No Singapore? Where the heck are they going to fit anything else in Hollywood? That park is too small for these full lands. And poor Singapore. Rejected again.

Yeah, very little info in the vid and PR. Two things I did take from it though. The blog says the lands at the different parks will open over several years. That pretty much means the "all opening in 2020" theory that was floating is out. Not sure what they mean by several, but at best I'd say one park per year. Since Japan is probably first, USF and even more so USH, could be a while.

The other thing is they got the right music in the vid!! Hopefully thats what's playing when you walk into the land.

Nice.

Of course we were gonna get Nintendo, as well as Japan, but Hollywood too? No Singapore? Where the heck are they going to fit anything else in Hollywood? That park is too small for these full lands. And poor Singapore. Rejected again.
I think it's been said before that Resorts World Sentosa is to blame for no Potter and now Nintendo at USS.

Switch event in January could be interesting.

I'm still going with ET's demise is imminent

Crazy theory: if the Switch event talks about more than Switch, I think Nintendo will lay out a Netflix TV deal and some merch plans at the same time. Prove that they're trying to move from a gaming company to a Disney-style media conglomerate with games at the center.

Crazy theory: if the Switch event talks about more than Switch, I think Nintendo will lay out a Netflix TV deal and some merch plans at the same time. Prove that they're trying to move from a gaming company to a Disney-style media conglomerate with games at the center.

I'm totally guessing on Switch event having anything more than Switch, but it'd be a great time to show off USJ's land

I'm totally guessing on Switch event having anything more than Switch, but it'd be a great time to show off USJ's land

I suspect everything at the Switch event will be directly related to the Nintendo Switch in some way. They have an absolute ton of stuff to cover as they officially haven't revealed anything that wasn't in the teaser trailer.

I think they'll have a separate event/videos for all the Universal stuff down the road.

Nice.

Where the heck are they going to fit anything else in Hollywood? That park is too small for these full lands.

We are tearing down 5 more soundstages on the backlot. We just opened two brand new and very very high quality soundstages (nicest I've been in) in a different part of the backlot. you'll be seeing a lot of changes in Hollywood. The whole Soundstage section is shifting to the middle/other side of the backlot.