Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To go back to the mat racer patent, I am going to be surprised that it doesn't come around when the park opens. It makes so much sense, as it could be a prime example of using the Tapu Tapu technology in the best way.

I also missed that the mats can also be used to illuminate effects on the outside of the slide...so tapu tapu while going on it and then uses it light to show off outside designs for people standing in the queue.

Can we also talk about Uni potentially broadcasting your face while going down a mat slide across the park...I know when you enter the park, you agree to be used for marketing and advertising purposes but this sounds like a nightmare as some people make really bad facial expressions.
w099nkX.png

Another fun fact is the fact it has the ability to be made for different modes. Such as holiday, night mode, etc. Christmas lights and sounds while going down slides at VB sounds pretty awesome

xsw6UEi.png

Lastly it seems if the mat racer slide is implemented, Tapu Tapu is fully customized to your preferences. So you will input, your favorite name, your favorite color, sports team etc and it will utilize that to enact certain modes within the park. For the mat racer it specifically mentions that as well as uses your fave genre or music to create the soundtrack for your ride while going down which you make at the ride kiosk before boarding.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
With the drop slides, I saw an image from the patent earlier today with an inlet pipe and then an outlet pipe just below the waist of the person. So that's your fail safe!

Drop slide also can have double tanks so the panel outside the enclosure fills with water and the enclosure fills with water to give the illusion it is over your head. Also talks of projection mapping to show certain effects such as a blade coming through the enclosure light effects, and motion effects are possible with this. (That is scary if you are in the tank and it starts shaking or tilting etc).

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Can we also talk about Uni potentially broadcasting your face while going down a mat slide across the park...I know when you enter the park, you agree to be used for marketing and advertising purposes but this sounds like a nightmare as some people make really bad facial expressions.
w099nkX.png

Another fun fact is the fact it has the ability to be made for different modes. Such as holiday, night mode, etc. Christmas lights and sounds while going down slides at VB sounds pretty awesome

xsw6UEi.png

Lastly it seems if the mat racer slide is implemented, Tapu Tapu is fully customized to your preferences. So you will input, your favorite name, your favorite color, sports team etc and it will utilize that to enact certain modes within the park. For the mat racer it specifically mentions that as well as uses your fave genre or music to create the soundtrack for your ride while going down which you make at the ride kiosk before boarding.
I know the camera is pointed at your face but how fast will we see other body parts on the screen.

Reactions: Dan B
Continued....

And a big update from Bioreconstruct I have posted the twitter posts first so you can see all of the non aerial photos then I have embedded all of the large aerial photos as they are worth seeing as large as possible:

Reactions: Mike S
What tube type will Yellow Curve + Green Funnel combo be? I'm guessing Green + Blue Wall at the other end will be 4-person cloverleaf. The four slides in the middle I'm guessing are single-tube.

The high speed curve ones I've only seen toboggan style tubes on, but would they work for the green funnel? I can't see there being different tube types on one tower?

What tube type will Yellow Curve + Green Funnel combo be? I'm guessing Green + Blue Wall at the other end will be 4-person cloverleaf. The four slides in the middle I'm guessing are single-tube.

The high speed curve ones I've only seen toboggan style tubes on, but would they work for the green funnel? I can't see there being different tube types on one tower?

I presume the high speed turns one is likely the yellow slide (orange in promotional video) currently being installed which has these tubes:

image.jpg

The blue and Green near the CB tower have the same tubes so I assume they will use this type on all of the large diameter slides.

Are softs expected for May?

Would be disappointed to miss both this and Avatar (and probably Rivers of Light!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.