Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The idea is you go to the entrance of the ride when you would want to join the normal stand by line. But instead of getting in the physical line you get a return time. But unlike Fastpass or whatever, the whole rides capacity is dedicated to that. When they trialled this type of thing at Thorpe Park on your phone you'd have a countdown type thing which was the queue time. If the ride broke it would pause and tell you why etc. It never worked at Thorpe because they still had a standby queue too so you could double queue for that one ride.

It will work because it will be the only way from day one and people will have to use it. Express pass can still be possible, just their return time would be sooner. Again, when Thorpe did it they sold Fastrack alongside the reserve system. Think it worked out as 40% for standby, 40% for Reserve'n'ride and 20% for Fastrack of the hourly throughput.

And I'd guess this is exactly what they're hoping. Guests can't spend money standing in line. :thumbsup:

well, they could at Forbidden Journey, until someone realized they were giving guest things they would have to throw away if they wanted to actually go on the ride.

That, and there are trashcans that literally have no OSHA approved way to access them. None of the railings in the queue open up or move - the TM's have to climb under them and drag around bags of trash while doing so.

Somethimg something.. JK Rowling.. was the answer I got when I pointed out how stupid that was.

Worked out well for my vacation. I've been saying April/May and it fell in nicely. This may end up being pretty decent for a D ticket attraction & replacement for the one time & done Twister...During the holidays they were doing a sort of virtual queue for Pterydon Flyers. They were giving out a return ride time at a kiosk. Probably a dry run for Fallon.....Now, if my late April/May guess for VB soft opening turns out, It'll be perfect for my two weeks in May.

Ya'll don't have your VIP social media guest invites yet? You should blog harder.

(For the record that wasnt meant to insult anyone or be condescending, well. except bloggers..)

Dang. I haven't received my invite at all. Even after all my inane comments and replies, not to mention stupid comments and questions. The latter should have qualified me as a blogger at the least.

So the Tonight Show museum/interactive thing is still the holding area for RTP guests, correct? I guess you'll be in there for 10 min before being ushered to the ride loading.

I wonder what will become of all that Twister queue space that's still there? Hopefully they can use it for HHN.

So If you are the first one in the park. do you set up your "virtual queue" and then just walk on? Seems strange to not have some sort of standby line, even if it's a small capacity one.

I'm curious how this will work, and it will be a good test for the new water park for sure. It could be incredibly convenient or a complete and total cluster F, if it doesn't work as it should.

I wonder how all the Disney fast pass haters on this board feel this morning...

Reactions: RevFreako
I imagine the ride will load up first with greeters taking count, and then stop after the holding is full and start issuing RTPs.

Also this will most likely soft right? Are we thinking early March?

If you miss your "window", do you just get pushed back further in the queue? I only see this really useful it the wait to get on is an hour or more. Anything less, you are better just waiting around, unless the rest of the park is also dead. They should have opened a "rainbow room" type bar area for folks.

When we saw Conan "way back when" , there was a small bar/café in the 30 rock building where you could grab a drink while you waited for the show to start.