Kraken Unleashed | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Kraken Unleashed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WAJAS98 said:
They also said that the queue would be redesigned/updated.

I left that part out. However just because they will also update the queue doesn't mean adding a separate line. The update will most likely include new paint, screens/monitors/signs installed showing facts/information about the mythical Kraken, back story of what you will experience on your journey, and instructions on how to put the headsets on. It would be nice if they fully enclosed the queue, have A/C and be dimly lit with light effects throughout to help build up the anticipation...I'll keep my fingers crossed for those...but won't hold my breath.

Its not that I think the quality won't be good.. Its that after Seaworld has to replace a couple dozen of these head sets after they get the absolute crap beaten out of them I think Seaworld will can the project quietly.

Reactions: anihilnation
Shame it's not an overnight thing it's one of my fave rides but I'd say it's pretty certain to be out of action spring next year

Last edited:
Is it worrying anybody else that nothing has happened on this (and any of the other new stuff) yet? Didn't they originally say late November?

Is it worrying anybody else that nothing has happened on this (and any of the other new stuff) yet? Didn't they originally say late November?
FunSpot turned their VR on literally overnight with no advance notice... I can't imagine it takes long to implement VR headsets to a coaster, if anything it would be the animation that's taking time I would think.

Also, this was always planned for 2017.

Last edited:
FunSpot turned their VR on literally overnight with no advance notice... I can't imagine it takes long to implement VR headsets to a coaster, if anything it would be the animation I would think.

Also, this was always planned for 2017.

But they also said they were reworking the queue, load platform and themeing elements.

Reactions: Nick
But they also said they were reworking the queue, load platform and themeing elements.
Oh.

While I do remember SW saying that now, I can't imagine it'll actually take that long to do. SW isn't known for great theming anywhere so it will likely be the extended load platform that takes the most time (and that shouldn't even take all that long tbh).

I mean, SW can say they are adding theme elements, but they've never proven that they are really in the high quality theming game, so I don't see anything over the top happening there.

We JUST started the "slow season" when those kinds of things generally happen. While they gave a 2017 date, they never said when in 2017 and generally the parks consider Memorial Day weekend as the start of summer and the peak season they aim to have new additions ready for whenever possible. Also, with year round parks things sometimes get rescheduled due to other projects/maintenance. I believe JTA is still down for rehab and has been for about a month (and I don't know if that was a planned maintenance or if something came up), and I would guess they want to wait on JTA coming back before they take Kraken down for work. They could also be working on one train at a time to install the headsets since these are supposed to be integrated into the headrests.

Reactions: WAJAS
Journey is out till end of February I think. As for Kraken, just extend the station building and use transfer track as the offload. That way you only have to extend one path and can keep the other side off it open sided for the transfer track to still run.

The queue is likely to get some new features that can probably be thrown in overnight.

As for the VR, Galactica took 4 months to do and the creators of the VR didn't start work on it till the ride had closed essentially. With Kraken I can imagine the video is near enough ready and they just need to work it into the ride timings accurately. Adding it to the trains should be easy too as again, already been done to a B&M now. So yeah, close early March still be ready for June I'd say.

Reactions: Nick
As for the VR, Galactica took 4 months to do and the creators of the VR didn't start work on it till the ride had closed essentially. With Kraken I can imagine the video is near enough ready and they just need to work it into the ride timings accurately. Adding it to the trains should be easy too as again, already been done to a B&M now. So yeah, close early March still be ready for June I'd say.

I'd hope they spend more time on this than Galactica, that still had on going issues half way through the season even to the point the VR went through an overhaul having scenes removed. That being said I agree I would imagine that the video is almost ready if not ready to go and from then on it'll just be updating the line and station however they intend to.

Goes down mid April, opening back up early June...I rang up and they confirmed it.
So that's a month and a half, which means there most likely will be minor structure changes and repainting. By the way, I heard Atlantis will be making a cameo in the VR film, but that's from someone who was operating Atlantis so take it with a large grain of salt.

Reactions: anihilnation
I like they're going with a real (extinct) creature. Makes it somewhat educational, even if still based in folklore.

Happy Liopluredon:
sea-world-kraken-liopluredon3-2017.jpg
Kraken underwater vessels:
KrakenUnleashed-underwater.jpg

Kraken scary sequences:
KrakenUnleashedscary.jpg
New name and logo:
KrakenUnleashedlogo.jpg