Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Which is worrisome because Rowling and WB supposedly had a lot of creative control on the Potter stuff.

It's insanely worrisome. Especially considering that F&F: Supercharged in Hollywood was spearheaded by the Orlando UC team. I'd say, expect the same mediocre ride experience that's in Hollywood, with a pretty neat queue (if that isn't a given already).

Well, not just cut crazy but JK was insanely harsh.

When DA opened in softs, the first thing I noticed were the "marble" columns in Gringotts. They looked like crap.

I posted as much online and was told I was far too negative and that they looked great and I was just being argumentative. They were however redone. Much of the paint work in DA was redone in fits and starts over the first few years to get the look we have today.

Cut to years later, and I hear of how JK set foot in the lobby of Grongotts and throws a royal fit over how bad she felt they looked and how upset she was and they were redone.

JK gets to say that and despite their egos the folks at UC have to listen. On a normal attraction if anyone says something similar they're labeled as having a bad attitude and not supporting their peers and blah blah blah to protect egos.

It's not just UC though. A trick I was taught when learning scenic design was to not relent on an easy change requested by a director. Particularly one that could be done quickly and you don't actually care about. Let the director obsess over the back and forth over that minor detail and meanwhile you essentially get away with doing whatever you want until you finally change that one tiny thing and they think they won all the battles.

This is counterproductive, and ignoring the goal of the greater good, but it's the norm of modern design.

Just got a review from a team member friend. This person said the queue was the best part.
The ride was similar to Simpsons/Minions, but found it to be boring in comparison.

Knowing my friend's taste in things, I'm going into this with very low expectations now.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Honestly, I'm shocked about the queue's positive reviews, but I'm not shocked about the ride experience. I kinda had a sense it would be mediocre. I mean Twister was mediocre kinda, but it was a bit exciting. I hope this will be too :/

Just got a review from a team member friend. This person said the queue was the best part.
The ride was similar to Simpsons/Minions, but found it to be boring in comparison.

Knowing my friend's taste in things, I'm going into this with very low expectations now.
Did he say if it was funny?

And the way UC operates it will likely not be changed at all to improve it based on that sort of feedback.