Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 184 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's against the rules. On signs and in preshow spiel/song. I'd rather not lose my AP over Fallon.

EDIT I'll let Inside the magic video it like they did Kong. They can take the risk.
Plus POV's on 3D attractions are basically worthless. It doesn't translate at all.................A couple of added thoughts. *Not every attraction has to be a homerun. Sometimes a nice single or double helps the overall effort and makeup/capacity/ambiance of the park. *In all the times I rode Twister, I never once had to use my Express Pass. It was always a lightly attended walk on. I doubt if it ever ate up much capacity in it's dawning years.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It's against the rules. On signs and in preshow spiel/song. I'd rather not lose my AP over Fallon.

EDIT I'll let Inside the magic video it like they did Kong. They can take the risk.

ITM actually noted that they will not post a video:

This is probably a result of the heat that they got for the Kong POV. With Disney is more of a safety precaution, but Universal is far more wary of it. They know that their attractions fare less with video, especially their simulator attractions. I'm sure a POV will eventually spring up (really is just a matter of time), but it won't be official in any capacity.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia
Y'all is crazy. That was a damn good ride. The 3D is crystal clear and I was in the front row and it still looked amazing. I'm surprised by how good the CG looked for the city and the motion was smooth (maybe a little too smooth.)

Like everyone else I love the queue/lobby stuff more than the ride, but the ride was in no way bad. A nice addition to the park and a beautiful tribute to the Tonight Show in the lobby. Can't wait to do it again next week.

Y'all is crazy. That was a damn good ride. The 3D is crystal clear and I was in the front row and it still looked amazing. I'm surprised by how good the CG looked for the city and the motion was smooth (maybe a little too smooth.)

Like everyone else I love the queue/lobby stuff more than the ride, but the ride was in no way bad. A nice addition to the park and a beautiful tribute to the Tonight Show in the lobby. Can't wait to do it again next week.
Hope

:thumbsup:....OI said that they were told that the motion may be adjusted in the future for more movement.

Reactions: Speed and Alicia
Ok, the ride itself is ok. The seatbelts are a complete nightmare though. They really need to make an extender for the plug in.

Just curious. I have a question for those who have actually rode the ride. In lieu of the information that OI received from their Universal sources that Universal may adjust the motion of the ride in the future to amp up the movement.....*Would you like the motion to continue in it's present mode which results in a fairly smooth ride?....Or, would you prefer Universal increase the motion to provide a more thrilling ride?......Thanking you in advance.

Just curious. I have a question for those who have actually rode the ride. In lieu of the information that OI received from their Universal sources that Universal may adjust the motion of the ride in the future to amp up the movement.....*Would you like the motion to continue in it's present mode which results in a fairly smooth ride?....Or, would you prefer Universal increase the motion to provide a more thrilling ride?......Thanking you in advance.
There's some good moments that have great kicks to them, like the bumps and bounces on Minion Mayhem, and there's falling and diving that feel good. But I think some of the flying and turning is a little too subtle/smooth to even notice you're moving. Unlike Soarin or Minions there's not a frame of reference most of the time. Like I hardly noticed the screen edges since it's so big, so it's hard to know if you're moving or not. More left/right leaning is needed if you ask me. The forward/backward tilts are perfect. If that makes any sense.

There's some good moments that have great kicks to them, like the bumps and bounces on Minion Mayhem, and there's falling and diving that feel good. But I think some of the flying and turning is a little too subtle/smooth to even notice you're moving. Unlike Soarin or Minions there's not a frame of reference most of the time. Like I hardly noticed the screen edges since it's so big, so it's hard to know if you're moving or not. More left/right leaning is needed if you ask me. The forward/backward tilts are perfect. If that makes any sense.

Does the screen move with the seats or is it similar to Simpsons/Soarin' etc?

I think this is a very dark and depressing time for universal. Fallon turns out to be a flop (major), we're getting another basic Kong ride, and a water park is being considered a theme park. Dark times indeed... :(

I actually hate Nintendo so there's not much for me to look forward to until HP expansions.

1st quote: It is not a depressing time for Universal.
2nd quote: Universal is not *your* theme park, it's everyone's.

Just because a park doesn't build what you like, doesn't mean it's bad.

If your unhappy about Universal, don't go. Stop complaining, it's a theme park - have fun.

1st quote: It is not a depressing time for Universal.
2nd quote: Universal is not *your* theme park, it's everyone's.

Just because a park doesn't build what you like, doesn't mean it's bad.

If your unhappy about Universal, don't go. Stop complaining, it's a theme park - have fun.

Yeah, he is just trolling now... looking for something more outrageous to say. Alas, I won't see it. Click "Ignore".

Is the virtual que in use currently? I'm heading down tomorrow and want to know if I should just get one or not once I enter the park.