Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's the general consensus outside of us theme park wonks? Is there any, yet?

Funny enough, to add into the bill; when I had Derek Burgan (Touring Plans) on a podcast that I, myself hosted last night; as he told of an outsider's POV on Fallon. And it seems that the outsider, actually quite liked it, and raved about it while Derek was at a store.

The GP is the audience that I am most curious to see the survey's come out on. Not the people that attend the parks often enough to notice many of it's flaws, but those who plan to come every once and a while, rarely.

Fallon is going to be a hit, when you consider that even with the ratings down a bit, it's still one of the most popular late-night television shows out there right now. And it'll bounce up in the near future, although that's more on how long the political..happenings, last. There is a cycle, and it will evolve eventually. As Comcast and NBCUniversal (along with Fallon) probably notice, and that there will be change for the better (or the worst).

Funny enough, to add into the bill; when I had Derek Burgan (Touring Plans) on a podcast that I, myself hosted last night; as he told of an outsider's POV on Fallon. And it seems that the outsider, actually quite liked it, and raved about it while Derek was at a store.

The GP is the audience that I am most curious to see the survey's come out on. Not the people that attend the parks often enough to notice many of it's flaws, but those who plan to come every once and a while, rarely.

Fallon is going to be a hit, when you consider that even with the ratings down a bit, it's still one of the most popular late-night television shows out there right now. And it'll bounce up in the near future, although that's more on how long the political..happenings, last. There is a cycle, and it will evolve eventually. As Comcast and NBCUniversal (along with Fallon) probably notice, and that there will be change for the better (or the worst).

What might that podcast be?

What might that podcast be?

Trying to not be off-topic for too long, but I host a podcast series on YT which I have now launched a new iteration of, that being called of Theme Park Talk.

I launched the new iteration last night, with Derek Burgan, as it's more of a 1-1 talk show, as I talk to individuals across the Theme Park scene about anything.

The first new episode of the iteration is linked Here.

That being said,

:topic:

So what was the Ghostbusters attraction ?

Are you asking what was there before Twister?

Reactions: Mad Dog
I thought the whole experience was very fun. I did it twice today.

The interior is beautiful and the lack of a traditional queue is revolutionary (I wish they would make the colors easier to differentiate, for people that have trouble with that kind of thing).

I was disappointed that they were not using the live entertainment today on the second floor. I've only seen it in online videos so far.

And they need to do something about people blocking the entrance way into that back room with the stage. There is plenty of space inside, but people don't move forward and to the sides.

The ride itself has a horrible design flaw, the seat belt check. It was really embarrassing how long this took and for the team members with flashlights to keep yelling at people to pull the red strap.

I was really surprised how mild the ride is. Not much movement at all and it is very smooth, but it is still fun because of how silly and random it is. The supposed smells did not work either ride I did today.

I rode it once today, overall I found it to be a pretty good ride.

The queue was nice, especially once you got upstairs. The live entertainment was good, although we mostly just stayed around the touch screen area.

As others have said, the seat belt check was really bad, it took us 15 minutes from when we sat down to when they started the ride. But after they started the ride it was really smooth. There was a lot happening on screen all at once, you will definitely notice things you didn't before every time you ride it.

I thought it was a pretty fun ride, not anything ground breaking, but it is a lot better than twister in my opinion. After the ride a lot of people were saying how that was fun and they should do it again.

It's almost as if enjoyment of a comedy ride was as subjective as enjoyment of comedy itself.

Which, is funny; as I brought that up mulitple times in the past as-well.

I am fascinated to hear the outsider's perspective on this, much like what I heard from Derek last night; as that is what intrigues me for the potential success of this attraction. It's not about the Theme Park fans, and neither will F&F. But, it'll be interesting nevertheless.

What makes an attraction a "success"? Is it average wait time? Is it attendance increase? Is it merchandise sales? Is it survey scores? Is it media reviews? I think it is very difficult to determine if an attraction is a 'success' or not, especially from our eyes. I think any new attraction is a positive for the park. I loved Twister back when it opened but I must say the last time I rode it a few months before it closed I was less than impressed by it. Not every ride has to be ground breaking. All it has to be is entertaining and relevant. I will not ride until September but I believe this attraction appears to have entertaining aspects and will have decent merchandise sales. Overall this appears to be a positive addition to the park.

What makes an attraction a "success"? Is it average wait time? Is it attendance increase? Is it merchandise sales? Is it survey scores? Is it media reviews? I think it is very difficult to determine if an attraction is a 'success' or not, especially from our eyes. I think any new attraction is a positive for the park. I loved Twister back when it opened but I must say the last time I rode it a few months before it closed I was less than impressed by it. Not every ride has to be ground breaking. All it has to be is entertaining and relevant. I will not ride until September but I believe this attraction appears to have entertaining aspects and will have decent merchandise sales. Overall this appears to be a positive addition to the park.
Yea, definitely a good addition to the park. If for anything just as a people eater. Without Twister, Disaster, and Beetlejuice not only is the park lacking in atttractions, but attractions that took 30 mins of your time each.

Whoa there, the Disney Springs dining is well deserving of any praise it's receiving. Outside of Planet Hollywood, the new dinging has been home run after home run.
That's what I was going at. It seemed like pre-launch Disney Springs had really low expectations. But, they've hit home runs all the way.

So what was the Ghostbusters attraction ?
If only that came back as a ride...I was hoping with the reboot would increase interest in the brand

So basically..... this ride's overall review is all over the place :lol:
Seems like the last couple of rides have been this way...From great to meh...I think with screen rides there is a good amount of getting lost in the ride that needs to be accomplished...To some the 360 scene in Kong is a vast forest with a giant battle taking place all around you. Other people see it as two movie screens with a video playing...

To me that's why practical is the way to go, it's real, it helps sell the illusion better

Part of why I think people are enjoying the queues more than the rides these days...They are selling the illusion and are completely committed to it

In my opinion they measure success by how full each ride vehicle is over an extended period of time and guest reactions after the ride (survey scores and guest watching.)

Reactions: mcusi

It might be a general positive, but the location near Minions and Shrek is an issue. If someone does those 3 they won't have a positive impression of the park offerings because of the repetition.

That's speculation but fairly easy to justify. Sometimes the things you think everyone notices never get mentioned and sometimes the things you think bug just yourself are problems lots of people are vocal about.

I would say the overall biggest factors the powers that be are looking for are if a ride brings people in, if they like it, if they will reccomend it to someone else, if they intend to return (and subsequently do return), and how all that relates to spending.

Sometimes they're better off if a ride is closed (Stitch) regardless of if it adds capacity to a crowded area. That's an extreme case, but they look at the macro and micro and how the two interact and influence each other.

You had a bad experience, you won't spend or come back, you don't tell others to come. You didn't like this one ride, you felt the park was a poor value for the money, etc... You felt the park had good rides but too many that were the same and XYZ is a better value for your vacation dollar.

There is certainly a place for mid-level attractions outside of the headliners. Take Peoplemover for example. It's not the headliner for the area but it's there and a lot of people ride it. Those people like it and it bumps up their overall experience. It has a short wait (long waits being a major complaint) and is generally well liked. It serves a purpose in the big picture by existing and makes people happy.

But there aren't 3 little transit trains running around touring Tomorrowland. That's the problem Fallon already has by default and it falls in the middle of the pack of what is offered.

The biggest example of the too much of the same problem - Epcot when it had Spaceship Earth, Horizons and World of Motion.

Very few people would rate any of those poorly on their own but in the bigger context of the park people wanted variety. And due to Epcot's attendance none of them had poor ridership - but people were doing one or two and then deciding the park didn't have enough to do or doing all three and feeling it had too much of the same.

An often touted figure is the 8 or 9 "things" done in a guest day to feel like the value was there. The quality and diversity of these 8-9 things determines what someone thinks of a park.