Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

What worries me is even with one theater working, and as toned down as it is, you can still feel the building vibrating when the show is running. Hopefully they did some reinforcements (obviously since the original profile was apparently damaging the building).

The line stretched down the street on Saturday around 5:30 because the team members had been telling everyone earlier in the day to show up at 6 p.m. for a chance to get in. It was a big mess.

On Sunday we arrived at around lunch time, was told to pick a return time, but all that was left was 4:30 and 5:30 and that didn't fit in our schedule.

Does Virutal Queue work like Fast Pass where they only give a certain amount per time period or is it unlimited for each time?

What worries me is even with one theater working, and as toned down as it is, you can still feel the building vibrating when the show is running. Hopefully they did some reinforcements (obviously since the original profile was apparently damaging the building).
Is it as bad as Simpsons? That ride is almost scary how much it vibrates when you are in the pre-show area

The line stretched down the street on Saturday around 5:30 because the team members had been telling everyone earlier in the day to show up at 6 p.m. for a chance to get in. It was a big mess.

On Sunday we arrived at around lunch time, was told to pick a return time, but all that was left was 4:30 and 5:30 and that didn't fit in our schedule.
I think once the newness wears off and definitely when the other theater is up and running this attraction will be a people eater. It's just because only 1 theater is running right now. And they're still working on that dang seat belt procedure.

Is people eater the right word for this? Wouldn't it still move less people than most other attractions?

Is people eater the right word for this? Wouldn't it still move less people than most other attractions?
I would guess it's because they're holding a large number of people, and occupying about a half hour of their time, on the first and second floors with the queue entertainment, and finally the four minutes on the ride. That's keeping people in three separate areas at the same time, and entertaining them.

I would guess it's because they're holding a large number of people, and occupying about a half hour of their time, on the first and second floors with the queue entertainment, and finally the four minutes on the ride. That's keeping people in three separate areas at the same time, and entertaining them.
Both sides hold 72 per cycle, meaning the capacity is very similar to Soarin' before the third theater was added there (Soarin' has 72 seats as well).

So with that in mind, I wouldn't consider it a people eater, although it is in a park with more ride capacity.

Both sides hold 72 per cycle, meaning the capacity is very similar to Soarin' before the third theater was added there (Soarin' has 72 seats as well).

So with that in mind, I wouldn't consider it a people eater, although it is in a park with more ride capacity.
That wasn't my point though. The additional capacity is the unique two show rooms. In essence this is a 30 minute attraction and not just a 4 minute ride. Kind of similar to the various rooms you end up in Poseiden's Fury.

That wasn't my point though. The additional capacity is the unique two show rooms. In essence this is a 30 minute attraction and not just a 4 minute ride. Kind of similar to the various rooms you end up in Poseiden's Fury.
But is that really "additional capacity" though? While the museum and live entertainment are certainly more fun than switchbacks, those are people that would just be waiting in a line anyway, no?

To be fair, Soarin' wasn't exactly planned to be an E-Ticket attraction at Epcot - just a addition rounding out the park.

We can agree that when both theaters are running and the load procedures are smoothed out the capacity will be a lot higher than it currently is. Also, this attraction as a whole has a higher throughput per hour than Twister.

My response was to show you can't judge how the queue less and reservation system will work until everything is up and running and technical rehearsals are over.

To be fair, Soarin' wasn't exactly planned to be an E-Ticket attraction at Epcot - just a addition rounding out the park.
I still don't truly consider Soarin' an E-ticket considering the lack of theming in the queue and in the showroom - you literally just walk into a room with a giant IMAX screen in front of you and strap in.

As far as demand go it may be considered one (although with FEA open and the third theater, it usually sits at 45 min waits now), but Demand isn't the only thing that determines an E-Ticket or else FEA is a mega-E and we all know that isn't true.

I still don't truly consider Soarin' an E-ticket considering the lack of theming in the queue and in the showroom - you literally just walk into a room with a giant IMAX screen in front of you and strap in.

As far as demand go it may be considered one (although with FEA open and the third theater, it usually sits at 45 min waits now), but Demand isn't the only thing that determines an E-Ticket or else FEA is a mega-E and we all know that isn't true.

Oh yeah, I was approaching it as far as demand goes.

I guess lack of attractions creates a demand on the few they have.

But is that really "additional capacity" though? While the museum and live entertainment are certainly more fun than switchbacks, those are people that would just be waiting in a line anyway, no?
I don't think a ride of this type of limited IP appeal (outside of grand opening season) would ever command large numbers of people in a standard queue. After the initial newness wears off, I wouldn't think the 4 minute C+ or D ticket level ride segment alone would attract Despicable Me, or Soarin, level crowds. This set up though, entertainment shows (like my Poseidon example) gives you a fairly large captive audience for a 30 minute period. People are going to attend this as much for the entertainment value of the two levels as for the 4 minutes of the ride. It's the Totality of the Experience that will get people to do this attraction. That's what makes this different than a traditional queue.

I don't think a ride of this type of limited IP appeal (outside of grand opening season) would ever command large numbers of people in a standard queue. After the initial newness wears off, I wouldn't think the 4 minute C+ or D level ride segment alone would attract Despicable Me, or Soarin, level crowds. This set up though, entertainment shows (like my Poseidon example) gives you a fairly large captive audience for a 30 minute period. People are going to attend this as much for the entertainment value of the two levels as for the 4 minutes of the ride. It's the Totality of the Experience that will get people to do this attraction. That's what makes this different than a traditional queue.
That's true. I could see myself going in just to get some air and charge my phone for free while taking in the entertainment.

I don't think a ride of this type of limited IP appeal (outside of grand opening season) would ever command large numbers of people in a standard queue. After the initial newness wears off, I wouldn't think the 4 minute C+ or D ticket level ride segment alone would attract Despicable Me, or Soarin, level crowds. This set up though, entertainment shows (like my Poseidon example) gives you a fairly large captive audience for a 30 minute period. People are going to attend this as much for the entertainment value of the two levels as for the 4 minutes of the ride. It's the Totality of the Experience that will get people to do this attraction. That's what makes this different than a traditional queue.
Oh, I totally agree with you that the queue experience was a good choice to implement on this ride. Certainly not trying to dispute that.

I do wonder if F&F will open with the virtual queue system as well.