Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so much happening here. I am simply amazed at everything that went onto this plot of land in the last 5 years. My My My. I used to ride by there less than 5 years ago and see all grass and overflow parking. Universal is on a roll!
Exactly. I said this before on the Cabana thread, but I remember saying to my GF apx 5 yrs. ago when leaving Universal, " I wonder what that big field is there for?"....Well, now we know. CBBR, Sapphire Falls, Volcano Bay, Adventura Hotel. WOW!!! :thumbsup::cheers:

Exactly. I said this before on the Cabana thread, but I remember saying to my GF apx 5 yrs. ago when leaving Universal, " I wonder what that big field is there for?"....Well, now we know. CBBR, Sapphire Falls, Volcano Bay, Adventura Hotel. WOW!!! :thumbsup::cheers:
I dont think people realize what Aventura is really going to do for UOR.

Hmmm... even the smaller 20' versions came running when called for planting with my kubota & tree boom. Too, I don't believe I ever added the "nia" when chatting at the nurseries.
While we're on landscaping. My early blooming daffodils wilted in the past weekend's snow storm......So I'm psyched big time to see some Washington Palm trees in 46 days. :clap:

Looking better and better all the time - I just can't wait.

The green 'foothills' to the volcano also fix the only slight issue I had with it - namely that the slides coming in and out half way up messed with the forced perspective. This fixes that completely and it looks great.

Edit - and this tweet is giving me flashbacks to the endlessly sculpted and resculpted stone pillar in the original Wizarding World construction. Anyone else remember those good old days?!

Been away a while from here so had loads to catch up on.

First off this is the very first time I have noticed this set of stairs highlighted below. Just watching promo vids and noticed the external stairs on the outside of the volcano so Mickey's latest aerial shows the platforms, I can only assume are for those stairs shown in the vid. I am unsure though as to where they are leading too. Wondering if they are a second set of stairs leading to the top of the volcano so people don't to have to walk all the way round to get to the other entrance?

Untitled.png

And right on cue Bioreconstruct also points this out haha:

Currently watching a blizzard out my window in New York while looking at these construction pictures. Looking great! Can't wait to head there in the summer. Dying to be there more than ever right now

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
In case you are wondering... all of that bamboo foliage is dead. The plant isn't dead, but the foliage is. They are probably leaving it as shielding at the same time waiting for the new green ground shoots to grow in.

Ha, I should have know you would know. I did notice the brown foliage and did indeed presume the worse for those bamboo. I guess they would replace them, but great they they don't need too.

I honestly didn't think they've have stairs climbing up that huge volcano, I just assumed they'd have some sort of elevator system. It's so tall. So many steps :bolt:

Reactions: JoeCamel
I love that there'll be tons of kinetic energy surrounding and within the volcano, making it feel alive!! :pixie:
And wow, I was wrong about the moss on the volcano. It is BEAUTIFUL! :love:

OK- so I know some of the slide colors got some knocks- but that algae green slide coming out of the moss covered Volcano is going to be ridiculously awesome looking. Wow!

Does anyone know if the volcano will have any inhabitable spaces inside (i.e. breakroom, VIP room, offices, basketball court) or is it purely a decorative structure?

Status
Not open for further replies.