Aventura Hotel | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm still completely bewildered by everything about this hotel. The location, the look, the name, the theme (?). I just don't get it. Any of it.

Fundamentally, it's a cheap hotel on site. Anything else is a bonus.

How long did it take for the CBBR towers to be topped off? About 8 months?

Reactions: mcusi
And we have gone vertical!

Mark the date, March 15, 2017!! :dance:

That one shot gives you a basic idea what the volcano view will be. Definitely impeded by CB, but you will be able to see some of it from the roof at least.

And we have gone vertical!

Mark the date, March 15, 2017!! :dance:

That was quick and quite a big jump. That's what? About 40ft?

Hold on to your hats. This is gonna go up fast. Looks like they bought a "Hotel" in a box kit.

The CBBR towers also went up really fast, but we were distracted by the big Volcano going up next to them.

This is called tilt-up construction, my friend owns a construction company and they love doing this. Cheaper and MUCH quicker than pouring concrete on site. Just asked him what's the tallest you can build using tilt-up and he said 6-8 stories meaning this will probably be used for the non-tower parts of the hotel. He sent me a link to a bid they lost because they weren't comfortable going this high:
World’s Tallest Tilt-Up Panel Erected Near Miami, Florida : TILT-UP TODAY – A publication of the Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA)

The thing that perplexes me about this is we're cutting it real close with VB and the towers. I feel like the resources would have been better used over there for a month. But I guess Universal is confident they'll get those other two projects done.

The thing that perplexes me about this is we're cutting it real close with VB and the towers. I feel like the resources would have been better used over there for a month. But I guess Universal is confident they'll get those other two projects done.

If they didn't think they could finish it- they wouldn't start. Landscapers, Decorators, Ride ops, etc are a completely different crew than people pouring footers and erecting the structure of a building. Same goes with Demo. They could start demoing whatever they want at this time too and it wouldn't affect any project currently going on. VB/CBBR, F&F, and Adventura are all on completely different phases with completely different crews.

If they price it right, they'll tempt people out of the Rosens and Similar level hotels.

Reactions: Scott W.