Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 333 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, Proslide just sent me that video too. Says they're still under non-disclosure, so that's why it doesn't say the park in the video yet. I assume they're highlighting this slide:

Volcano-Bay-Full-Reveal-4.jpg

Am I correct, or no? Will VB be the first to offer this? What's the name of this slide?

I wonder if the volcano will have a smoke effect (like Toothsome) during the day.

Reactions: Scott W.
It will be interesting to see how the crowd levels are throughout the day. People are really used to going to water parks in the morning. I imagine the crowds will be split into earlier and later, but the overlap might keep the overall crowd level high.

I would probably drop in for the less crowded times as a Passholder.

Reactions: tielo and Alicia
The complaints remind me of an acquaintance of mine who travels for business a lot. Regarding the tacky neon slides (first, they aren't neon but everyone loves hyperbole). My friend stays at a lot of 4 star and 5 star business hotels. To him (and the industry standard now) a "luxury" hotel bed is white Egyptian cotton duvets on down comforters. Well, he shows up at the 5 Star boutique Hotel Balzac on the Champs-Elysees in Paris. And immediately blows up Trip Advisor with a scathing review because of the cheap and gaudy room and god awful tacky bedspread in the room. It was a hand loomed Chinese silk comforterer. He was super pissed it didn't look like a Marriott/Starwood/Loews bed.
balzac0243.jpg

Your friend sounds like a jerk. :ack:

Yea, Proslide just sent me that video too. Says they're still under non-disclosure, so that's why it doesn't say the park in the video yet. I assume they're highlighting this slide:

Volcano-Bay-Full-Reveal-4.jpg

Am I correct, or no? Will VB be the first to offer this? What's the name of this slide?
Yes, I'm sure they mean that one. It's not the hardest of secrets to guess! Somebody in the YT comments said a park in Brazil is getting one too.

Yes, I'm sure they mean that one. It's not the hardest of secrets to guess! Somebody in the YT comments said a park in Brazil is getting one too.
Is that slide the one named "Maku?" Because I noticed the press release specifically says, first of its kind in North America.

Maku: North America’s first “saucer ride”, sending multi-passenger rafts speeding around three saucer-shaped curves.​

The complaints remind me of an acquaintance of mine who travels for business a lot. Regarding the tacky neon slides (first, they aren't neon but everyone loves hyperbole). My friend stays at a lot of 4 star and 5 star business hotels. To him (and the industry standard now) a "luxury" hotel bed is white Egyptian cotton duvets on down comforters. Well, he shows up at the 5 Star boutique Hotel Balzac on the Champs-Elysees in Paris. And immediately blows up Trip Advisor with a scathing review because of the cheap and gaudy room and god awful tacky bedspread in the room. It was a hand loomed Chinese silk comforterer. He was super pissed it didn't look like a Marriott/Starwood/Loews bed.
balzac0243.jpg

So, you are flat out saying those that disagree with your ridiculous assessment are talentless and tasteless but that's ok because not everyone can be as amazingly creative and impeccably tasteful as you. Am I understanding your point of view correctly?

And I'm guessing your <24 years old.
Damn, that looks just like my master bedroom, bed & all. My tastes are better than I thought. Just no side rails on my bench. ;)

^^ I never would of thought that someone named @Mad Dog would have such delicate tastes ;)
It's the Teebin influence. :) And my living room is turn of the nineteenth/twentieth century.... :thumbsup:Mad Dog is my soccer (football) team. See Avatar. Me to the goalie's right........Annnnnnd, we're back to VB. How's that Volcano looking? :)

I REALLY love the color of Honu in the concept art. I know it's impossible to make it perfect and I don't care if the real one doesn't quite match, but the blue in that concept image is just so easy on the eyes to me.

I REALLY love the color of Honu in the concept art. I know it's impossible to make it perfect and I don't care if the real one doesn't quite match, but the blue in that concept image is just so easy on the eyes to me.
:agree: But :( the real ride is more of a royal blue. The teal/ aqua in the concept are looked much more tropical.

Reactions: KFCbowlcombo
The bare slides don't bother me so much but I don't like the colours they've gone with...they've probably tried to avoid more pastel types to avoid Aquatica comparisons....them black, yellow and red slides (I know what they're meant to symbolise) look a lil ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.