Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 337 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If

If you look at the conveyor belt at MissAdventure Falls it's not very steep of a climb due to the fact guests are on there. Due to that the slide takes an enormous amount of space Universal just doesn't have.
Vulcano Bay has the most number of slides off any water park in Orlando to keep their guests entertained.
I'm sure they could add a borken AA if they wanted as seen on this great the TimTracker video. ;)

Disco parrot.

Just wondering if we know whether there will be background music playing throughout the park to help create atmosphere?

Thats a really good question. I know Wet N Wild in Texas (Before it was Hurricane Harbor) played all kinds of music. They may still do but I live in CO now. Do the Disney Water parks play background music?

I was of the view that Disney included an AA on their new raft slide as a preemptive strike as they were expecting show scenes in VB...when VB was initially announced as a water theme park, AAs, show scenes, and new tech somehow incorporating screens at the side of the rides, is what I imagined.

I think it looks great by the way, but it does appear, at this stage, where it's another project where they've gone at it 80%. It's going to be awesome, but it's not going to be revelotuniary which they have the capabilities to produce. It's looking like it will be a nice atmosphere, with the best collection of slides in Orlando though. The food looks good, I'm sure there'll be plenty of interactivity...I'm hopeful the night stuff is worthwhile.

There will be show scenes on the water coaster. And to clarify it won't be Pirates level and probably not even on the level of the parrot on Miss Fortune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have any clues regarding the evening/night 'show' or 'entertainment'...simulated eruptions...would there be any projections onto the volcano? Any narrated storyline, and/or musical score? Any info gratefully received!

They just need to build a Mammoth water coaster and problem solved! :drool: Round family raft ride for everyone, no lift required! :clap:

I was dreaming that they should use the expansion pad to build a second shorter volcano/mountain with a mammoth water coaster around it and making a couple passes through it. Then make the interior of the mountain a hidden network of heavily themed paths and walkways containing 6 or 8 3-5 story body slides that you can ride without needing to tapu. So basically a fancy kids area except for adults. It would add another big ride they could promote and provide more to do while waiting in the virtual lines for the big slides.

Reactions: Joel and Cheezbat
If

If you look at the conveyor belt at MissAdventure Falls it's not very steep of a climb due to the fact guests are on there. Due to that the slide takes an enormous amount of space Universal just doesn't have.
Vulcano Bay has the most number of slides off any water park in Orlando to keep their guests entertained.
I'm sure they could add a borken AA if they wanted as seen on this great the TimTracker video. ;)

Yeah I know Land is a big reason why this didn't happen...but luckily they just purchased another big plot of land...maybe we'll actually see something like that at a future water park...

Welp I broke. We planned to not visit Uni until next year but I couldn't wait any longer. Heading down for a week at the end of June. Beyond excited to experience VB in person. Last time I was at Universal, Volcano Bay was just a big dirt pile I could see from my hotel balcony. I'm sure you all remember the "Dirt pile". I don't even care that's it's going to be packed and hot as hell. My body is ready....

@mickeyxtreme on Twitter has some new aerials.

New Aerials from Volcano Bay Water Park at Universal Orlando

Couple weeks since the last big update and I have made a few major observations. Protective frame around water coaster through the volcano has been removed which suggests no more significant work to go on in and around the volcano (no more rock work).

Also, some areas of this park, especially at the South end are showing signs of being all but done, what even looks like final sand on the beaches seems to be in place.

Not long now!!

@mickeyxtreme on Twitter has some new aerials.

New Aerials from Volcano Bay Water Park at Universal Orlando

Couple weeks since the last big update and I have made a few major observations. Protective frame around water coaster through the volcano has been removed which suggests no more significant work to go on in and around the volcano (no more rock work).

Also, some areas of this park, especially at the South end are showing signs of being all but done, what even looks like final sand on the beaches seems to be in place.

Not long now!!

Looks like the wrappers are coming off the water coaster. I can't tell for sure but it looks like it might be running water so testing should start soon.

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.