Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can only watch 2 Marvel movies and don't get bored. One is Deadpool and the other one is Guardians of the Galaxy. But this ToT overlay is just painful. I'm all for synergy, I'm all for a Guardians of the Galaxy ride but this is not it.

The Parkscope guys made an interesting point in one of their recent podcasts. Disney fans have been arguing for years about how tacky MSHI looks and how good Disney could treat the Marvel IP and with full access outside of Orlando, what do they come up with? An ugly overlay of one of the most popular rides, a rumoured Rock n Roller coaster clone themed to Captain America and a Star Tours Iron Man. :look:

:lol:

:lmao:

P.S. If you're reading this @Joe , the recent podcasts have all been great!

Would it be outrageous to assume that AP previews/softs could happen by the beginning of May?

No way, not beginning of May. They already only have a 2-3 day window of completion before the grand opening. That's assuming there isn't any sort of major delay. I don't think we'll see any softs of GOTG

No way, not beginning of May. They already only have a 2-3 day window of completion before the grand opening. That's assuming there isn't any sort of major delay. I don't think we'll see any softs of GOTG
Huh, really.

Admittedly I haven't been tracking this project, but with the exterior pretty complete, the ride programing simple to do, the only thing that should take time is changing over the queue so I guess I just anticipated that it was a well on track.

Then again, I think I also forgot how close to the beginning of May it is. It's creepin' up on us.

Huh, really.

Admittedly I haven't been tracking this project, but with the exterior pretty complete, the ride programing simple to do, the only thing that should take time is changing over the queue so I guess I just anticipated that it was a well on track.

Then again, I think I also forgot how close to the beginning of May it is. It's creepin' up on us.

The project is on track, it was just given a super tight (almost totally) unrealistic deadline. Remember the ride barely closed in January. It's going to come down to the literal wire.

The crazy thing is Disney just spent Billions getting rid of garish nonsense at DCA.

But that nonsense was mostly tile work mosaics made by the friends of an executive who just happened to run a custom tile and mosaic company.

Anyone near Iger own a plumbing supply or metallic paint company?

Reactions: Joel
The crazy thing is Disney just spent Billions getting rid of garish nonsense at DCA.

Hollywood land was the only part of the park not touched by the billion dollar make-over (with the exception of the Red Car addition). Maybe the idea of the Marvel make-over has been tossed around a lot longer than we thought.

I'm trying to just view this at face value, as if I was born into this world today. Trying to forget what's under there.

I GUESS... it looks kinda cool? Kinda? I think...?

Let me rephrase that. IF this was a brand new attraction, built from the ground up, I would probably think it looked kinda cool.

But I can't help thinking of that beautiful art deco building under there.