Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The State of Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be stuff to see by the before the end of the year since that's when construction is planned to start.
Good. Cause I'd much rather be visiting Epcot regularly than just DHS all the time for construction updates. (I'll take any excuse to go to Epcot really.)

Good. Cause I'd much rather be visiting Epcot regularly than just DHS all the time for construction updates. (I'll take any excuse to go to Epcot really.)
From what I understand, construction will be fairly hard to see from guest areas. The building will be too. This is something that we may need to get to the chopper for. Or to a Gondola. ;)

From what I understand, construction will be fairly hard to see from guest areas. The building will be too. This is something that we may need to get to the chopper for. Or to a Gondola. ;)
Don't care. Want excuse to visit Epcot for some decent grub and a drink every now and again. Will film cranes over building for 10 minutes. Then enjoy park.

Get to da choppa!! Oh wait, this isn't the Diagon thread....:bolt:

I mentioned this on the podcast a few weeks ago, but the Epcot rumors 100% read like it's project deadline time and people are leaking to jockey for position with public opinion. I expect maybe 1 or 2 of these things to happen, but outside it being fairly cheap, IDK why they'd go with Ratatouille

I mentioned this on the podcast a few weeks ago, but the Epcot rumors 100% read like it's project deadline time and people are leaking to jockey for position with public opinion. I expect maybe 1 or 2 of these things to happen, but outside it being fairly cheap, IDK why they'd go with Ratatouille
I get that sense too, there's far too many rumors out there for this to all happen. I'm definitely not believing anything 100% until I see it, especially a Brazil pavilion, but the only thing that seems more likely to happen at Epcot than Rat is Coco.

It will be interesting to see what comes of D23.

As we've discussed before in this thread, one possible reason is that the cooking aspect of Ratatouille fits the pavilion's narrative better than the other proposed ideas, like Beauty and the Beast. Since France's pavilion focuses on French cuisine, it feels like a good fit. In addition to the relatively quickness of getting it in there, given the R&D is done, etc.

Rat is:

Liked by the French
Liked by the French Chefs who otherwise pay for the pavilion
Seen as better fit than Frozen was
Very popular in DLP
Produced originally by the same person who is now Epcot's portfolio lead
Putting a ride on that side of Showcase
Sells merch (there's a reason Remy merch is still in Epcot - it sells)

Other projects are vying for their green light, but remember - Epcot makes money. It has cash to spend.

Rat is:

Liked by the French
Liked by the French Chefs who otherwise pay for the pavilion
Seen as better fit than Frozen was
Very popular in DLP
Produced originally by the same person who is now Epcot's portfolio lead
Putting a ride on that side of Showcase
Sells merch (there's a reason Remy merch is still in Epcot - it sells)

Other projects are vying for their green light, but remember - Epcot makes money. It has cash to spend.
I saw a Remmy apron in the France pavilion I am totally going to buy next visit, so you got me there.

As for placement - if they don't give it its own entrance on the promenade (I still don't think they'll crowd the pavilion) - taking out the service hallway on that side is fairly simple and spits guests out between Monsiuer Paul and Artisan de Glacé.

By golly the old original bakery is ready to be a Remy shop.

Oh. I thought Ratatouille was pretty naff at DLP. It's a few large props and very boring action scenes on the screens whilst the trackless element is hardly utilised to its awesome, magical potential. If they work on it and make it 10x better then maybe it won't be too bad.

Shame, I'd really like an actually amazing trackless dark ride like Mystic Manor.

And now Jim Hill is saying Cars overlay on Test Track. You're right, this happens every year, little ever comes of it.

And now Jim Hill is saying Cars overlay on Test Track. You're right, this happens every year, little ever comes of it.
Even if this is project deadline season stuff, the fact that almost everything coming to light is about Epcot is a sign that something is very likely to happen. That management wants something to happen and are just looking for ideas.

This all happened a few years ago with DHS. We were told the park was getting just about everything. We got SWL and TSL.

I'd put a fair amount of money on Rat happening though, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.