Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 342 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New structure going up at the entrance:

Wow, it's really going to be like walking through a jungle to come upon this Volcano, what a reveal!

No, because this stuffed animal will have a huge chunk taken out of the middle with all the stuffing exposed. Stuffed animal fans will hate it, but the general public will buy tons of them...

You just won the forums for the day. :lmao: I literally lol'd at work, luckily my boss isn't here yet.

There can be slides were they would not allow a single person, I know in Aquatica they don't allow single riders on Hooroo Run (double dipper slide), and I think Wet 'n Wild did not allow single riders on Brain Drain.
I went to Wet n Wild last September, they just had you wait off to the side until they either got more single riders or a less party group to put you on with. And I never had to wait too long for an opening.

Those last photos of the new round structure and the new plantings really gets me going. Interesting that they planted potted bamboo around the building to the left... perhaps the smaller, less over powering varieties that will get bushy, but has thinner canes.

Is it true when you enter volcano bay you automatically get a return time for krakatou aqua coaster

I DID hear about that. The Orlando Informer Podcast mentions it as being rumored.

Essentially, the rumor is you can have two Tapu Tapu reservations at any one time. One of them is the Aqua Coaster which is indeed automatically assigned when you enter the park (probably to ensure everyone gets a chance to experience it). The other is a ride of your choice. They went on to discuss how it may be possible to get there too late and be unable to get a Tapu Tapu reservation for a ride if the wait is extended out too long. All of this is rumors of course and I assume we will see when the time comes.

Also did anyone see this ?!

You & Alicia are like bloodhounds when it comes to sniffing out bars. :lol:
I'm avoiding all bars, still feeling the effects of last nights hurricane s.

Was chatting with a Nassal worker who did some sculpting at VB. Spotted him working on rock work at SF, couldn't resist but go chat with him.turned out he was touching up and repairing some cracks in the pool area rocks.

Obviously he couldn't say much but was cool talking with him. His last ""big job" was the Mountain range on Kong. He also worked on DA and knows Stuart Craig and Alan gilmore having worked with them on potter.

We spoke briefly about up coming projects and how they were going to be busy in the coming years, so busy that Nassal are looking for a bigger lot as the current one is full. @Disneyhead , time for a trip up the road?

Cool conversation and he was really happy I went over a chatted, the fact I noticed his rock work and went over to talk about it with himmade his day ,and mine too.

And with that he was off to do some repairs to the SLOP float back In the parks.

I'm avoiding all bars, still feeling the effects of last nights hurricane s.

Was chatting with a Nassal worker who did some sculpting at VB. Spotted him working on rock work at SF, couldn't resist but go chat with him.turned out he was touching up and repairing some cracks in the pool area rocks.

Obviously he couldn't say much but was cool talking with him. His last ""big job" was the Mountain range on Kong. He also worked on DA and knows Stuart Craig and Alan gilmore having worked with them on potter.

We spoke briefly about up coming projects and how they were going to be busy in the coming years, so busy that Nassal are looking for a bigger lot as the current one is full. @Disneyhead , time for a trip up the road?

Cool conversation and he was really happy I went over a chatted, the fact I noticed his rock work and went over to talk about it with himmade his day ,and mine too.

And with that he was off to do some repairs to the SLOP float back In the parks.

Man, that's so cool.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Where is metal detectors going for vb before you get on the bus

Is lockers going to be free

Is vb going to be open year round

How are they going to do a soft opening

Is hhn going to introduce a ticket with stay and scream in 3 parks ticket

What are the height requirements for attractions

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll answer what I can:

No.

Probably, with a week (or two) closure during very cold days for general upkeep. Much like Disney or SeaWorld do with theirs. It will not be like Adventure Island or Legoland Water Park where it's closed half the year.

How are they going to do a soft opening
We don't know.

Is hhn going to introduce a ticket with stay and scream in 3 parks ticket
Universal no longer sells specific "Stay and Scream" tickets. Anyone with a day ticket (including annual passes) are allowed to stay in the park after it closes, to be first at HHN, as long as you have a valid ticket to HHN too. Vacation packages are currently for sale that include 3-park tickets and HHN, more info here.

What are the height requirements for attractions
EDIT: Height requirements can be found this this thread. (Thanks 12th Man)

Last edited:
Reactions: 12th Man
Lockers will have a charge.

Yes, much like WnW was, I imagine. Until the last two months of 2016, WnW was scheduled to be open 365 days a year. On really cold days, the park would not open. Sometimes management would decide to close the park based on low attendance as well (and that would often be related to the weather).

Ok guys, enough with the smart remarks. If you aren't adding anything to the conversation it's probably not something you should post.

Status
Not open for further replies.