Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That crowd jam in the second showroom reminds me of the operational problem they had on Gringotts concerning the area after you got off of the elevators and picked up the 3D glasses. That too was a cluster f.... for three or four months until Ops fixed it.

I commented on this a couple weeks ago, but NOBODY stays downstairs. Universal needs to start having TMs block the staircase until it's time for a color to go up.

Wait a minute, they changed the queue? During the soft opening upstairs and downstairs were separate blocked off areas. Your color called downstairs meant it was your turn to move upstairs. It is a free for all now???

Reactions: Coasted
Wait a minute, they changed the queue? During the soft opening upstairs and downstairs were separate blocked off areas. Your color called downstairs meant it was your turn to move upstairs. It is a free for all now???
It was the same way when I went during soft openings as well. I've never seen them hold people downstairs.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I've seen it both ways now. Holding people downstairs seemed dangerous, like a fire hazard. Just a hundred huddled people crowding the stairs, not being polite and letting people through when their color is called. I don't blame them for not doing holding downstairs anymore... but I wish they would hold the line out in the extended queue outside or in the hallway before entering the first downstairs room if the upstairs is still too crowded.

So crazy how people will run past that well-thought out Tonight Show museum just to stand in a line of their own making upstairs clumped in with a growing mass of humans.

Reactions: Coasted
No one ran to the end of the room the two times I went. They looked at the props and TVs. And none of the rooms were overcrowded, as even for the first room they only let a certain number in at a time and held the rest in the hallway.

Reactions: Alicia
Yikes. What a cluster F. I could have told them from the get go that allowing it to queue all the way throughout the day is beyond dumb. It should be hour blocks. If a theater went down from noon-3, it screws up your entire queue if you have reservations until 9pm.

I'd hate to be in Uni ops for this ride. Glad I'm going in September so all the kinks will be worked out by then (hopefully- same with VB)

By then there is a chance the ride will feature a traditional standby queue.

Rode yesterday, standby at around 7pm. It moves at a snails pace, if I'm being generous. Colors on first floor had no bearing on which color was being allowed upstairs by the guy behind the rope, so if you were not one of the mob at the stairs and instead were looking at the exhibits it is easy to miss your turn to go up. Didn't see any live entertainment upstairs, didn't even attempt to try for a couch or a video game. Ride was not worth the 90 minute wait, and if the queue experience is just a cluster of people waiting at the stairs and again at the studio entrance I probably won't go again. I dislike people funnels, and this attraction has two of them.

I appreciate what they are trying to do with this, but I don't see the "experience" (meaning first floor plus second floor plus ride as a total package) is going to work long term. Most people just seem to be waiting to move on. I predict traditional queue lines will appear on at least the first floor.

Reactions: UNIrd
Rode yesterday, standby at around 7pm. It moves at a snails pace, if I'm being generous. Colors on first floor had no bearing on which color was being allowed upstairs by the guy behind the rope, so if you were not one of the mob at the stairs and instead were looking at the exhibits it is easy to miss your turn to go up. Didn't see any live entertainment upstairs, didn't even attempt to try for a couch or a video game. Ride was not worth the 90 minute wait, and if the queue experience is just a cluster of people waiting at the stairs and again at the studio entrance I probably won't go again. I dislike people funnels, and this attraction has two of them.

I appreciate what they are trying to do with this, but I don't see the "experience" (meaning first floor plus second floor plus ride as a total package) is going to work long term. Most people just seem to be waiting to move on. I predict traditional queue lines will appear on at least the first floor.
It's Easter week. Can we stop making any comparisons about crowd control and line movements or ride experience during one of the busiest weeks of the year. Any ride that just opened would be a cluster right now.

It's Easter week. Can we stop making any comparisons about crowd control and line movements or ride experience during one of the busiest weeks of the year. Any ride that just opened would be a cluster right now.
Right. They've had level 10 crowds most of the time this past week. I'm sure they'll make adjustments for future peak crowd periods. It's a learning experience time for ops.....And down the line, who knows, the Virtual Queue concept just might not work well for Peak Periods. They may end up having to do standby at those times instead of Virtual Queue.

Reactions: amityboattours
I have a sneaking suspicion the management from Minions and their "say yes to the guest" initiative is to blame for this.

To improve their scores, Minions will just let you in the express line if you ask for it. Potter was saddled with it when their scores dropped but most of the TMs there will have none of it.

But I could see the Minions managers also covering RTNY and using it there.

Reactions: jtsalien
I have a sneaking suspicion the management from Minions and their "say yes to the guest" initiative is to blame for this.

To improve their scores, Minions will just let you in the express line if you ask for it. Potter was saddled with it when their scores dropped but most of the TMs there will have none of it.

But I could see the Minions managers also covering RTNY and using it there.

That is awful management. :lol: It's okay to say no to mistakenly entitled people. In fact, I encourage it.