Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Cruise Line

I'd love to go on a Disney Cruise, and it's definitely in the works for someday. Unfortunately, as a DVC member, it's kind of a waste of points, and most recommend paying out of pocket, which makes my situation dire :rolleyes:, as in: How do I rectify the spending I do on my 3+ BIG Disney trips a year, versus the big bucks I'd have to shell out for the cruise? :shrug: Plus, a friend just stayed in the Walt Disney Suite (Category 1), and having lived vicariously through her trip report, I know there's no way you could get me in a room that has the shower over the toilet seat. :confused: Looks like I'm going to have to get a better job (or divorce my husband and marry a plastic surgeon!) :lol:

Just Announced: More Magic Coming to the Disney Magic and Disney Cruise Line

I’m thrilled to share Disney Cruise Line‘s exciting news today…there’s an extra dose of magic coming aboard the Disney Magic! Our first ship in the fleet is getting a “reimagineering” transformation during dry dock from Sept. 7 through Oct. 10, 2013.

We’re adding brand-new experiences like AquaDunk, a really cool thrill slide that starts with a near-vertical launch and then sends guests in a translucent tube 20 feet over the side of the ship…

…and a chance for young “recruits” to unleash their inner super heroes at Marvel’s Avengers Academy! This is the first time Super Heroes from the Marvel Universe have been introduced on a Disney Cruise Line ship.

Plus, we’re re-imagining spaces, starting with a beautifully redesigned grand atrium lobby…

…bringing more splashtacular fun up on deck with the AquaLab water playground, Twist n’ Spout slide and Nephews’ Splash Zone for toddlers…

….giving families a vibrant new dining room, Carioca’s, inspired by Rio de Janeiro…

….and sprinkling the pixie dust on our adult-only Palo restaurant and Senses Spa & Salon.

With an all-new lineup of clubs in the After Hours nighttime district, and with new lands of adventure in Disney’s Oceaneer Club, Disney’s Oceaneer Lab and It’s A Small World Nursery, both adults and kids have entirely new areas just for them. We’ll be taking a closer look inside these spaces in the weeks to come.

Over the next several months we’ll be sharing tons of videos so you can have all the details on the ship’s transformation. We’ll also be giving exclusive sneak peeks to Disney Cruise Line fans on Facebook, including a Disney Magic Re-Imagined video series with global architecture expert Danny Forster. Be sure to check out the first video posted today at www.facebook.com/disneycruiseline!

And if you want to be one of the first to take a virtual ride on AquaDunk, check out the Disney Cruise Line Facebook page today at 1 p.m. ET to “experience” this extreme thrill slide (through the eyes of Donald Duck!)

Fans, tell us – which of these magical details coming to the Disney Magic excites you most?

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and Disney Cruise Line Facebook page, and follow @DisneyCruise on Twitter for all of the exciting updates about the Disney Magic’s transformation! While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag [HASHTAG]#DisneyMagic[/HASHTAG].

Last edited:
Maybe people were complaining that there are no water slides on the older ships? I actually like the Aquaduct though.

If I was a kid and saw the Aquaduck was on the 2 ships and nothing really like that on the other two I know which boat I would try to convince my parents to take me on :lol: I think it was just to upgrade the ships to try and match some of the amenities the new ships have

The AquaDunk looks awesome, but I have to say I'm most excited about them removing Parrot Cay--I always haaatttteeeeddddd that place, and I'm not sure why but apparently I wasn't the only one. The new restaurant looks like a much more desirable environment.