Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 367 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0041_1.jpg

Middle to end of Sept.....We could always use a Scot in the group. :)

Very interesting. I think I'll be heading on the 12th September for just over 2 weeks.

Scott, did you notice that they have planted a bunch of the palms that you liked in the nursery pic I posted, around part of the VB tram road. They're across from the new Aventura parking garage on the bank of the retention pond. They have blue grey leaves and are called Bismarck palms (Bismarckia nobilis).

Far left just this side of the yellow parking garage. (see full sized image)
P1100876.jpg

I can see myself spending more time looking at the trees when I first visit VB than I would have ever imagined.

The scale and volume of the landscaping is mind blowing.

Uniformed Volcano Bay staff members at CBBR bus stop this afternoon. I had a little chat with one of them and asked him how long he was in training for, to which his answer was "2 weeks".
View attachment 4154

I'm a bit disappointed that Orlando United shared this image on their twitter account today without at least referencing me as the source of the image, or giving me a courtesy request to duplicate it (which I would have happily agreed to).
I don't post here to seek kudos or make money etc, I do it because I love sharing info and photos on my theme-park passion with others. But c'mon guys, it's just polite and professional to give people credit if you're duplicating their work :(

I'm a bit disappointed that Orlando United shared this image on their twitter account today without at least referencing me as the source of the image, or giving me a courtesy request to duplicate it (which I would have happily agreed to).
I don't post here to seek kudos or make money etc, I do it because I love sharing info and photos on my theme-park passion with others. But c'mon guys, it's just polite and professional to give people credit if you're duplicating their work :(

Honest mistake. Sorry. I should have given credit.

It's a pic you took with a cell phone. You wouldn't think twice if someone shared it on social media. But thanks for sharing anyways...

The little details are getting me more excited about this project. Hoping to find these all over the park as that'll be the true bread and butter of Volcano Bay. Keep the super-zoom photos comin' :p

Reactions: acquaz
My wife and I spoke to more Volcano Bay workers this afternoon at the CBBR bus stop (I'm not shy!). I 'fake naively' asked them all if VB would be soft-opening before the official opening date and 3 independent groups of staff have now told us that there will definitely not be any public soft openings at all, that they will be opening only from the day of the Grand Opening.

I know this tallies in with what most people now believe (though feel free to retain some scepticism), but if true.... man, that's a very risky strategy!

Status
Not open for further replies.